It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8th grade textbook has Barack Obama chapter in Racine, Wis.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

8th grade textbook has Barack Obama chapter in Racine, Wis.

www.suntimes.com

The Racine school district’s use of an eighth grade textbook that includes a chapter on Democrat Barack Obama but nothing on his opponent John McCain

The textbook, ‘‘McDougal Littell Literature,’’ is published by an arm of Houghton Mifflin Co. A spokesman for the publisher, Richard Blake, said the book was compiled in 2005 before Obama ran for president.

The chapter in question includes an excerpt from Obama’s 2004 speech at the Democratic National Convention and a portion of his 1995 book
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Oh my...

Our great leader is already etched into the books of our children...

The great leader is in the minds of the nations kids...

Why in 2004/2005 would they think of makinig a Chapter on Obama in a school book...

Is this just shocking to me???

When i was in the 8th grade, there was an election raging between Al Goreleoni, the Eco-gangster, and Commrade Jorge Bush...

Did my teachers tell us who to vote for...
no...

Did either canidate have a monoply over the minds of the school children
No...

Were we taught to sing the prasies of the Great Leader...
No...

And yet here it is...
The Messiah is in the schools now...
The school system is complacint in this...

There is a following that surrounds BO that is scary when taken in historical context...

I would Love to see what is in this book... that would be classic...
The school singing the praises of thier great leader...

I wonder if whats in there is factual about BO... about him paling around with terrorists. About his life in Singapore, about his second father...

You know what i fear...

I fear, Dreams of my Father is going to turn into this generations Mind Kompf. That is my fear.

So here we are, each passing day, and the realisation of the fact that BO is getting the attention that no other canidate has ever seen... day by day, more and more evidence of social indoctrination of children...

Whats next with BO???

www.suntimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Obama is just one of many politicians mentioned in the book/CD.

Couldn't find any desripions of a "book" but here's the description of what is in the CD.

Election 2004: Speeches from the Campaign CD-ROM

Product Desription

Featuring selected full speeches and excerpts from the 2004 Democratic and Republican conventions, this dynamic CD-ROM is a great way to help students understand the power and the impact of public speaking, both when its effective and when it fails. Speakers include Barack Obama, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bill Clinton, Laura Bush, and many more.

I guess they may have thought these other politicians might also have run in the future (due to the fact that the book was compiled in 2005) presidential race?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Oh my...I thought the big problem about Obama is that he hasn't done enough. It seems to me if he is put into a history textbook he has done enough. But what about McCain?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Thank you Keyhole!

By the OP's post you would have thought it was some humongous Obama love fest the way it was spun.. Geez...

What's next?
I must say the desperation by some is getting funnier and funnier.

Did my teachers tell us who to vote for...

Probably not... And they're not doing it in this situation either..

Did either canidate have a monoply over the minds of the school children

See above....

Were we taught to sing the prasies of the Great Leader...

See above...

The school system is complacint in this...

OH MY GOD! Alert the media! The school system is teaching public speaking.. Pull your kids out of school NOW! LOL

From the product description:

this dynamic CD-ROM is a great way to help students understand the power and the impact of public speaking, both when it's effective and when it fails.

-----------------------------
Desperate times, indeed..
Indeed.

[edit on 10/16/2008 by justme2]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I am disgusted by the assumption that Obama WILL BE president. This was allegedly a democracy---a republic if you will---yet in the media and in the liberal educational circles everyone has already declared the god-king the president elect.

Frankly, of the two devils running he is the devil we do NOT know. And what's that old saying?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Just to clear up the matter for those who saw Obama and had to have something to say without making an attempt to read the article. Here are a couple of highlights to keep in mind:

1. This is a literature textbook. It's purpose is to analyze works for their literary techniques and importance. It is not a poli-sci book or history book.

2. There wasn't a whole chapter devoted to him. "The chapter in question includes an excerpt from Obama’s 2004 speech at the Democratic National Convention and a portion of his 1995 book." Text books do not need to make sure they have an equal balance of political party coverage. You know an article is propoganda when it doesn't list along side Obama's works, the list of all the other politician's included.

3. "A spokesman for the publisher, Richard Blake, said the book was compiled in 2005 before Obama ran for president." So I have no idea where the indoctrinization of kids to Obama being president is coming from.

top topics

join