It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black-Hooded Figure in Meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I am new to the whole practice of meditation, and have only been doing it for about a year now.

About a week ago, I was meditating using an audio track that helps you to go into a trance/meditative state, and contact "spirit guides."

During the first few attempts at contacting these guides, I didn't really see anything but I felt head spinning like I was incredibly dizzy and felt detached from my body for a few seconds.

Last week was my 4th attempt, and I don't think I will ever do it again.

Everything was going fine. I was going into a trance. I felt like I was being lifted from my body (like before), except this time I could see around the room even though my eyes were closed. I saw a black figure coming over to my bed. It was obscure and blurry even though I thought I was looking right at it.

It seemed to lift up one of its arms, and at that moment I awoke from the trance. It was like I was underwater. I took a huge breath and my heart was pounding. Honestly, it was one of the most terrifying moments I have ever experienced.

What the hell did I see? Was it one of those shadow people?

I'd like to maybe hear if anyone has had similar experiences like this, and what they did following them, because frankly I'm terrified to even try and meditate again.

And no, my house isn't haunted (to my knowledge).

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What is the souce of this CD? Who produced it?
I definetly would not use it again however when we are in an alterted state, these things can appear. Many people who practise getting out of body are faced at times with these scarey creaturs. In Ocultism they are called Guardians of the Threshold. Many Astral Body travellers have reported laughing at them or just telling them to get the heck away works. Don't be afraid of them and they go away. I have seen really scarey things in a meditative state but I just observe them or maybe open my eyes and laugh and ask what they want from me.

PS: They usually dont answer but leave.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by cindymars]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hey jipstix, despite your natural feelings and reactions to your experience , what was the general mood like? did you feel as though the shadow person was threatening, negative or wanted to harm/intimidate you in any way?
i'm curious as i've encountered shadow figures a few times when meditating (shadow figures being a name which i gave them and then came to realise that its quite a widespread thing. still not sure if my shadow figures are the same as others but then i guess its like humans, they're not all the same). The ones i encounter hardly move, they don't make a sound, they're just there, kinda like they're waiting. The first time it freaked me out a little but i hung around anyway, curious, observing, and i realised despite my initial reaction they weren't intimidating or scary, just different. I've been back to the same place in my meditation a few times and they're still there. Theres a few more of them too, all just waiting!
Anyway, can't claim to be much help with answers but hope theres some comfort in a shared similar experience. I'd be interested if you could remember anymore details about your experience, even the trivial.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It's strange seeing the shadowy figures while in meditation,even stranger for me,no that I see them while awake sometimes.I think that the dark colour probably happens because we have to use a different part of the brain to see them.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

ok - here is an experience i had when i was very young. i was in bed trying to go to sleep. for quite some time i had been having nightmares about some 'strange man(?)" in black visiting me and 'pulling' me towards the end of the bed. i remember the sheets on top of me seeming to fill with air and a choking or smothering feeling. the thing that really locks this i for me as real was when i yelled and my mom ran in the room and turned on the light. my legs were hanging off the bed and the sheets were pulled down and unwrinkled. there is no way that any person could have done this and no way that i could have done this. this was the first time i yelled because the fear was so intense that i realized (or felt) this was real and not some weird dream.

to this day - almost 30 years later, i can sometimes 'sense' this presence near me. usually it is when i am mentally or physically fatigued and my psychic gaurd is down - otherwise i can generally block him (or them) out. I share this anonymously intentionally, but i do request that anyone with any serious advice on how to keep this entity away from me provide me with some. when he is around i can feel a 'malignant' or 'malevolent' presence. i don't want to say evil, but that could describe it as well. the presence is very dark. there have been other instances in my past where i fought with this entity and he does still 'visit' from time to time...

anyway, thanks in advance for any help.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Often, the first things that may manifest when someone is attempting to seek answers, from any source, are the fears they may have themselves. The first thing to identify is, why are you meditating? For answers or other reasons. If the answers are what you seek, you may not be as prepared for them as you may like.
When you ask questions, be prepared to have them answered. I hope I could help.

[edit on 16/10/2008 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Frankly, I am meditating because I want to get past all of the repressed emotions in my life. After reading your post reticle, I think the hooded figure might be repressed emotions, is this possible?

I mean I feel lost right now like a skiff in the doldrums with no wind. I'm meditating to try and connect with myself again, but it seems as if there's a huge block in the way.

What I'd like to do is to expunge and expulse all of the negative emotions that I have stored up, but it's not working so far.

I'm thinking about trying to meditate again pretty soon, but I'll have to build up the courage for it.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

Dude from Black Sabbath, I believe Geezer, wrote the tune Black Sabbath about his experience with a dark cloaked figure when he was getting into a serious mystical/Magick Crowley occult thing.

From wiki
"According to the band, the song was inspired by an experience that Geezer Butler related to Ozzy Osbourne. In the days of Earth, Geezer painted his apartment matte black and placed several inverted crucifixes on the walls. Then, one day, Ozzy brought round a book about witchcraft, which Geezer became extremely fascinated by. One night, he read the book and placed the book on a shelf before going asleep. When he woke up, a large black figure stood in front of him, staring at Butler while he as he said, "crapped myself." After the figure disappeared, Butler ran to check out the book, only to find that the book was gone...He then told Ozzy, who wrote the lyrics to what would become Black Sabbath: "What is this that stands before me? Figure in black which points at me"."

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

That is rather frightening. I could suggest doing a Banishing Ritual before you start your meditation and if you are inclined to, there is an easy ritual called the Rosy Cross that can be used to protect yourself from psychic attack.

The figure in black could be the "dweller on the threshold". These sort of figures can appear at a time when you are making progress.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by AnubisOfTheEast]

top topics

join