It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police vs police in Brazil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Police vs police in Brazil

www.news.com.au

RIOT police have clashed with striking ordinary police officers in Sao Paulo as they blocked the latter from forcing their way into the state government building.

Civilian police officers in the state of Sao Paulo have been on strike for a month to demand the governor, Jose Serra, meet them to negotiate a 15 per cent pay rise.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I find this interesting. Police vs Police.

To me, this is kind of like the first step of a collapse. When the people who enforce the law act like this, then who is left to enforce the law? Note that I don't really give a damn about laws all that much.

I'm waiting for the day when soldiers start fighting back and saying 'no thanks'.

Police, jailers and soldiers are probably the only tools that some piss-weak politicians have to think that they control millions of people.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Good Lord, imagine if that happened here in America. The resulting bloodbath would be unthinkable. Once the cops on both sides got past the stigmatism of fighting another wearer of the shield there'd be no turning back for alot of them.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Black-clad military police

Other military police arrived on horseback.

uniformed and plain clothes civilian state police from entering the building

looks like it was Military police V's civillian police

looks like the 2 main controling forces going head to head, that makes it worse

a glipse to future of martial law the military V's everyone else

a lot of police are ex military in the UK and i beleive the states not sure about brazil but it looks like that common tie means nothing

[edit on 16/10/08 by noobfun]

top topics

join