It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ flu-shot mandate for preschoolers draws outcry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

NJ flu-shot mandate for preschoolers draws outcry

dailytimes.com

As flu season approaches, many New Jersey parents are furious over a first-in-the-nation requirement that children get a flu shot in order to attend preschools and day-care centers. The decision should be the parents', not the state's, they contend.

Hundreds of parents and other activists rallied outside the New Jersey Statehouse on Thursday, decrying the policy and voicing support for a bill that would allow parents to opt out of mandatory vaccinations for their children.

"This is not an anti-vaccine rally - it's a freedom of choice rally," said one of the organizers, Louise Habakus. "This one-size-fits-all approach is really very anti-American."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Wow, is there any realm of parents' rights that are not currently under attack? Never mind the fact that we have no idea what's in these flu vaccines and we have stacks of anecdotal evidence that some children react tragically to them. What ever happened to a parent being the final word on their child's healthcare, including vaccinations? My wife and I went very minimalistically on vaccinating our two children and we recieved some flack over it from our first pediatrician. We ended up changing pediatricians and now have one who is very accomodating and gives us the real scoop on vaccines, including ones which are legitimately beneficial for kids to have vs frivilous or unneeded shots.

I view this the same as I view a parent's right to homeschool their children. We all hear dear leaders talking about how important it is for parents to actually parent, but when it gets right down to it their position could more accurately be described as "Do exactly what we tell you to do and only what we tell you to do and raise your brats to do the same."

dailytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If these parents don't continue this fight until they win, and keep reloading their cannon of rights until it hits, this will continue until every state has the same laws in place, and other countries as well. I for one would never comply. Its not that we don't have some science that should be benefitting us, its that its in the wrong hands and made to deliberately harm us, and our children.

join