It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we get the flu vaccine?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

I agree with you and thank you for clarifying your point.
You seem to be a wise ATS user and I value your words.
It is good to be able to discus these sort of things.
I have not read a lot about the relation between childhood vaccinations and autism
however like I said I really don't trust the MDA and TPTB therefore I react accordingly.

Again I thank you for your thoughtful reply.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Last year I got the flu shot and a few days later I had the flu ridiculously bad. Not only was it bad, it left me with a cough that has STILL not ended. I've been to ENT's and many other doctors and they cannot figure out what it is.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

True, antibiotics don't work on bacterial infections....another good reason to use some of the things I mentioned, because THEY DO!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Yes, yes! Actually, I'm testing a different form of silver that does not cause this, and is still non toxic. But I agree.....no blue skin for me! That guy also put the stuff on his skin and went out into the sun where it reacted. The condition is completely harmless, but even still - not sure if folks would consider it attractive or not?? I mean, how far down does the blue actually go on him.....a-hem!....never mind, I don't wanna know!

As you said though, it would take a LOT to do this, and only certain brands of colloidal silver would cause this. The processing is different between companies. I take a liquid form.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by emeraldzeus

True, antibiotics don't work on bacterial infections....another good reason to use some of the things I mentioned, because THEY DO!

No no, you got that backwards... I think I might have worded that badly... it's viruses that aren't affected by antibiotics, which is why we have vaccinations, I could go into more detail about the differences between virus and bacteria but I don't want to derail the thread.

Edit: But your reccomendations are still good ones, as they will boost the immune system, which will help fight off any germ.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by emeraldzeus

As you said though, it would take a LOT to do this, and only certain brands of colloidal silver would cause this. The processing is different between companies. I take a liquid form.

It's usually caused by impure water. Either water that was not properly distilled in the first place, or the maker added something in--most common in homemade batches because there's a lot of misinfo out there telling people to add salt to speed up the reaction.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Just to let you know, I did research quite a bit, and aside from the autism scares from the vaccines given to young children, I also researched the Hepatitis vaccines. One of them, (or both, I can't remember now), contains and ingredient that goes by a very unsuspecting name. However, per the Vatican, the Pope, (no, I'm not Catholic), has publicly spoken out about vaccines containing this ingredient, as it's made from human afterbirth. One could, if they so chose depending on the requirements for their particular states, file a religious exemption from vaccines if they are required. Trust me....I did my homework on this part.

As for the "mysterious" ingredients that end up in seemingly harmless vaccines - well, there's plenty of evidence out there for that as well, but it's not easy to find. These are the vaccines that are labeled "flu" that are laced with something else. I'd venture to say it's far less dangerous to rubs oils one's skin, than to trust a product which you are unable to verify 100% of it's contents on the spot.

As far as home remedies go....nothing that has been mentioned here is dangerous or lethal. In fact, I'd venture to bet they are even less dangerous than the vaccines. If people are interested enough, I imagine they will run searches of the claims made, and they can inform themselves before they try it.

People can make their own informed decisions about vaccines or not, and also about home remedies or not. All four options are risks if not backed up by personal knowledge and well-informed decisions.

I would never say ALL vaccines are bad, nor are the people who administer them bad. I would, however, say it is possible that certain batches are intercepted at drug manufacturing companies, (which is a spider-web in and of itself with it's connection to the government and other powerful entities), and laced before being packaged and sent to the clinics. There is a long history of vaccines being used to secretly run tests on groups of people. I think of it as being more like playing Russian Roulette.

Someone else mentioned here that they never got sick until they took a flu shot. Well, I NEVER was sick in my teenage or adult life until I entered the military and was given several series of vaccines, which I have no clue what they were to this day. Since that day, and every day that I got a vaccine since, I would get terribly ill and have experienced health problems. I am still in contact will several others who were in boot camp the same time I was....ironically, they too are experiencing the same exact problems I am. Coincidence? On top of this, I have been out of the military for 13 years, but I still am sent "surveys" by independent research companies asking questions about particular health related issues, which I never had. They find me every time I move. My spouse gets these as well, but asking DIFFERENT questions regarding cancers. Do they know something we don't? I never fill these out, but they keep coming year after year. They state right on the forms that they got our information from government records. Oooookay.....

Again.....all circumstantial, but VERY fishy!! I'm not paranoid or angry - just extremely cautious. It doesn't hurt to learn the same techniques our ancestors used to heal themselves before drugs came around! Where do you think drugs come from? Drugs are nothing but modified versions of natural ingredients, and come with a whole host of side-effects, and sometimes death. Natural forms are far less dangerous, if you do your research. It's only when you start messing with potentially toxic plants to treat something serious, that you would be foolish not to seek professional knowledge and expertise.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Not to worry, I knew what you meant, but we both brain-cramped at the same time! Yes, I know the difference, and know they only work on bacteria and not viruses. That doesn't stop doctors from prescribing antibiotics for both though. I learned this years ago when I had a nasty bought of bronchitis that wouldn't go away. Every month, the doctor would switch antibiotics on me, trying to combat it, until he finally said, "it must be a viral infection, because they aren't working". That's when I learned the difference. I only took them one more time after that, but haven't touched them since. It's been seven years for antibiotics for me, and over 5 for everything else.

Didn't mean to add to the confusion. Not sure why I didn't catch that, but oh well. I know that antibiotics renders birth control ineffective....I have the proof!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

Yeah, it gets dicey with the cause of resperitory infections... the cause of the infection might not be the mechanism... I know it's been discussed in other threads, for example, how in many cases the 1918 flu or now they think the Plague that it wasn't actually that respective disease but a secondary lung infection... of course the resperitory infections can also not be caused directly by viruses or bacteria themselves but fungus or foreign bodies or some unrelated problem with the body.

I've never heard that about birth control and antibiotics, though!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Go ahead and get the flumist, nothing wrong with snorting a live virus. We all have in the military, and only a few people got sick off it.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Go ahead and get the flumist, nothing wrong with snorting a live virus. We all have in the military, and only a few people got sick off it.

Well that's good enough for me.

What you're talking about is something I really don't know much about. To be honest, I had heard something about it last year but have never seen it available. And I've read some bad things about that, too. What worries me is that unlike the shot, I haven't really read anything too positive about it. I think I'll wait a few years for more information. Cheers for posting.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I've done a little reading into "Flumist". The best info seems to be here.

Does anybody have any experience with "Flumist" or the like? I haven't heard nearly enough about this, yet. I'm still reading into it but it's nice to hear the opinions of others. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
A theory exists that the flu vaccine will be the final 'hard kill' of the NWO population reduction agenda. Watch 'Bird Flu Hoax' on Youtube.
Why is the flu jab and fluoride in water the only free medication that the govt
offers?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hi There! Just wondering if anyone saw this article about the ill effects of flu vaccinations. Great article with evidence of how bad it can get. Mercury poisoning would be a walk in the park compared to this!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dirty_underground

Wow. Thank you very much for linking us to that! That's seriously scary. I've never heard about that before. And the article said one in a million chance of developing "GB Syndrome" from the flu shot. It also said 10 million shots are given across Canada each year. So does that mean 10 people a year develope "GB"?

I strongly advise anyone looking through this thread to read the article linked by dirty_underground. It's only a page long and it's definitely worth your time. Cheers.

[edit on 10/24/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I would like to add a bit of my knowledge to the table.

As far as I know viruses/bacteria/etc in vaccines are certainly not killed completely , they state most are and some are in a "weakened state" , now that I can't assure you , but that is what is taught.

There are many toxic substances that make vaccines a dubious choice , specifically for children. In the old days you would have to take what , 10-15 vaccines ? Nowadays a child would need like 30+ vaccines.

And they are told it is COMPLETELY safe to take them all in. Now , imagine a child taking all of those serious damaging components ... they would exceed the safe levels of the substances easily , an adult would even!

Don't blame the health agents , most don't even know what is in there , they are just trying to make you healthy.

I am on for vaccining only for those diseases that we are almost completely sure our immune system wouldn't be able to react to in time before either the patient died and/or the patient would have suffered grave irreversible damage.

I will only be full towards it when we have technology enough to completely kill the microorganisms and have not any other substance in it (which perhaps already can be done , but at a very large cost , and maybe someone would not like it !)

Anyways , I found some info from flu shots in this new article www.thenhf.com...
from the NHF site in the Vaccines part , it is very interesting.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Roufas

Hey Roufas. good to see you here and thanks for your reply. And thanks of course, for the flag.

Our opinions seem to be very similar. Normaly, I wouldn't get the flu vaccine but I do have a nearly 3 year old son in a very big and crowded daycare. If I don't get it, I'm pretty sure to get the flu. My wife is in the same boat. We work at a place where we're 2 of 7 employees. We can't really miss any work. And if we don't get it for our toddler son, he'll surely get sick. We can't easily afford to stay home with him. I hate that this is such a complicated matter. What I alone would do is vastly different from what I should do with a family now.

Plus I'm just getting over the last bit of a pretty bad cold that I had for a week. Somewhat of an eye opener, in that it's nothing compared to a bad flu. More thought required for me. I still don't know what I intend to do. I have a little over 3 weeks to decide.

Anyways, thanks again for your thoughts on the matter and be well. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

I just met with my Doctor a few hours ago and because I had a high fever earlier in the week and brain surgery last May, he felt I would be better off having a flu shot than going through another year of being ill for three weeks with influenza. I agreed with him and they jabbed me with a needle and I have now had my flu shot.

I posted the above on 10/16. Within 12 hours of having the flu shot I felt totally exhausted ... within a few days I had multiple symptoms - sore throat, body aches, runny nose, cough, etc.

I have had fevers off an on of up to 103degrees and had to have a chest xray 10/30 to see if I had pneumonia! I've been on two different types of anti-biotics, a course of steroids (which I had to stop because I was having horrible reactions to), an inhaler, and what seems like gallons of prescription cough medicine ... and yet here it is, 11/9, and I am STILL sick!

I will NEVER get a flu shot again.

Anyone else have an experience of this sort from a flu shot?!?

Jemison

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Wow, Jemison! Thanks for the update and I'm very sorry to hear this. Very interesting update to say the least. I still haven't got it, either. I've been fighting two colds in a row for about the last two and a half weeks. I want to be 'healthy' if/when I go get 'jabbed'. And I'm still considering it, too. Now I have even more to consider. I hope you feel better soon. Be well. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Well I am late to the thread so my thoughts have been posted already by other smart members

You can count me in as another member that will not get the flu shot. In fact, I have chosen not to every year so far..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join