It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we get the flu vaccine?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
If you are a healthy person, I say No. You do not need a flu vaccination. I am not a doctor, but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Nice one. Sadly, I found that line hilarious. Actually laughed out loud at work. Good thing I manage a warehouse, where I'm the only one who can hear such things. Peace.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I am over fifty and considered high risk because I work in a residential treatment facility. My employer offers it free to all of us every year, so I take it. The flu shot is a killed virus - it CAN'T infect you with the flu. Sure, you can have a bad reaction to it ... but you can NOT get the flu from a flu shot, any more than you can be bitten by a dead dog.

Don't forget that many of the really bad "flu symptoms" are not direct actions of the virus at all, but side effects of your body's effort to battle the virus. (Ex: you get a fever because things in your body speed up at higher temps)

Anyway I've gotten the flu shot the last 4 years and got the flu one out of 4, the year they missed the strain. The other 3 years, I admit I was a bit smug when my coworkers who refused the shot were miserably ill for weeks and I didn't get it.

(Now watch someone come in here and make a 15 paragraph post about how it IS possible to be bitten by a dead dog. Any bets?
)

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Static Sky
Hi eveyone. I'm trying to get a general idea of overall societies opinion of the flu shot. ATS is the perfect place to do this, since we have members from all over the world on here. Honest opinions only please.
Do you get the flu shot? Do you think it's overhyped and unnecessary? Our toddler son is in a very big and busy daycare. I think maybe we should get it for him but what do you think?
I'm starting to think maybe it's good to get it for babies and toddlers and maybe the elderly and those with weakened immune systems, but probably not really needed for healthy adults (ie; the bulk of society). Do you think that's about right?
Opinions and thoughts, please.
[edit on 10/16/2008 by Static Sky]

NO!!! I can emphatically say that I have experienced and seen enough suspicious things going on with "vaccines" to make me completely stop them all together. Not only with flu shots, but other vaccines with family as well.

Here's the problem....my spouse is in the military. They require it. My spouse has agreed to "put it off" by taking advantage of the military's own worst weakness - bad paperwork, bad follow ups, and loss of information. My spouse just simply does not go, UNLESS a direct order is given. There are people we know who have been given bad conduct discharges for refusing vaccines. Now, I ask....what is so important about a vaccine that would warrant the government to trash all the money they've invested into that person's training by ousting them?

My child attended a DoD (dept. of defense) school two years ago, and came home one day with a notice stating that a Hepatitis A AND a Hepatitis B vaccine were required by such-and-such date. My child was in 2nd grade, and we were not going overseas, nor were we returning from overseas. Furthermore, no other children whom we knew were given these notices - it seemed my child was singled out. I made a stink, and the nurse got flat out ugly with me, telling me that I was a bad parent. I questioned why they were requiring it, when the local public schools don't require them. Not only that, but if you've ever had these particular vaccines, they are HARSH on adults, let alone a child!!! They are given to overseas travelers, drug users, and sexually active individuals.....why were they requiring it for my 2nd grader? After several phone calls and some research, I received a mysterious call from the school nurse one day, who had changed her tune at this point, stating that "never mind, you don't have to worry about it now."

This was a bit too fishy for my taste, and further reinforced my feelings that the government still tries to impose veiled experiments on unsuspecting groups of people. They can get away with it with the military, because the member signs a contract that states they and their bodies are now property of the U.S. government.

I don't trust vaccines one bit. The people giving them have no idea - it's what is in them that can't be verified, and once you start digging into the world of experiments on the public, you'll never get another one again! I recall a city last year that tried to implement mandatory vaccines, and boy did the pooh hit the fan!! Does anyone remember this?

Oddly enough, my family and I don't get sick much any more, and when we do, it's gone within a day. Not like in years past when we were taking vaccines - we were ALWAYS sick. Figure that one out! There are natural supplements one can take to boost immune systems, and even essential oils that are hundreds of times more effective at killing viruses & bacteria. I believe that vaccines and antibiotics are nothing more than planned efforts to lower the immune systems of masses of people. Why not just let the human body does what it is designed to do? Why must the government interfere? Let the body be the amazing machine that it is, and TRUST that it WILL take care of you if you feed it what it needs.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

no,no,no! Please check out Alex Jone's vids on youtube about vaccination,look at San Francisco Chronicle 30 page article on vaccinations,research all you can!
Don't take any vaccines, or give them to your kids...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well been hearing that a lot of these shots and your regular meds are now made in China... I am not taking the shot.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Not only NO but HECK NO!
What Emeraldzeus said.
Also what if that is the way they chip people?
Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars and post by emeraldzeus

Try to look up the work by Joyce C. Reilly... she has been on C2C several time and has done some excellent research exposing government experiments imposed on military personnel, disguised as vaccines.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well I'm getting the shot next week, the students are all ready puking here. I hope I haven't been exposed.

Roper

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I work in a hospital and we are REQUIRED to get the flu shot. I received it over a week ago and have been feeling sick since. I do not recommend it if you have a choice... I had not choice.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I never build antibodies to vaccines (as evident by subsequent titre tests) - so they are useless to me. Although I might point out that the one year we had a shortage (couple years ago) - due to some tainted batch of vaccines - so almost no one could get the vaccine - it turns out that it was the mildest flu season ever. So what's that telling you? Besides, you can help prevent the flu by staying hydrated and keeping the air you breathe moist (45% relative humidity is my choice). Viruses (the flu) thrive and spread easily in dry conditions, so if you keep things moist, you help stop their proliferation. That's why you get the flu in the wintertime - when the air is much drier (esp due to heated homes). See link below.

www.nytimes.com...

Hi eveyone. I'm trying to get a general idea of overall societies opinion of the flu shot.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by themamayada]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by themamayada

You just watch. Give it 4-5 decades or less, and we'll all be like you, just as antibiotics are gradually losing effectiveness.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
I'm not sure what Amaterasu was referring to when she said that the formaldehyde in vaccines is not the same formaldehyde that the body itself produces in tiny amounts; as far as I'm aware there is only one chemical formula referred to as formaldehyde (or formalin).

Here is a Wikipedia quote:

en.wikipedia.org...

Formaldehyde is a chemical compound with the formula H2CO. It is the simplest aldehyde—an organic compound containing a terminal carbonyl group: it consists of exactly one carbonyl. It was first synthesized by the Russian chemist Aleksandr Butlerov (1828-1886), but was conclusively identified by August Wilhelm von Hofmann.[1] Formaldehyde exists in several forms aside from H2CO: the cyclic trimer trioxane and the polymer paraformaldehyde. It exists in water as the hydrate H2C(OH)2. Aqueous solutions of formaldehyde are referred to as formalin. "100%" formalin consists of a saturated solution of formaldehyde (roughly 40% by mass) in water, with a small amount of stabilizer, usually methanol to limit oxidation and polymerization.

Formaldehyde is an intermediate in the oxidation (or combustion) of methane as well as other carbon compounds, e.g. forest fires, in automobile exhaust, and in tobacco smoke. When produced in the atmosphere by the action of sunlight and oxygen on atmospheric methane and other hydrocarbons, it becomes part of smog. Small amounts of formaldehyde are produced as a metabolic byproduct in most organisms, including humans.

As you can see, there are a number of forms of formaldehyde.

And to quote Whitewave here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The "small amounts of formaldehyde produced as a metabolic byproduct in...humans" is filtered throught the liver and expelled as waste. The formaldehyde dehydrogenase is an enzyme. Necessary. The formaldehyde in vaccines is not an enzyme and is the same preservative used to embalm dead people. It's also listed in the MSDS as toxic.

And more info:

www.home-air-purifier-expert.com...

And of course, all these ingredients have been tested as safe at the levels found in the vaccines.

By whom? Over what duration? What if they caused you to have cancer 20 years down the line...? Is this factored in?

That's really something you have to judge for yourself, just like with food: I personally won't use artificial sweeteners because I think their "safeness" is dubious and the benefit is minimal.

Stevia! That's MY sweetened of choice! Natural, virtually no calories, supports blood sugar levels... Can't go wrong!

As for the rest of the advice, it is good if one decides to vaccinate. But I'm not going to.

[edit on 10/17/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Here is a simple and extremely effective way to keep viruses and bacteria from entering the body. It may sound "familiar", but that's because it is.
There's a reason why this worked in ancient days, and I can say that I've tried it and continue to use it now. My family and I turn to essential oils and plant based remedies for most of our needs now, and haven't looked back since. I haven't taken a prescription drug in over 5 years.

Order some genuine Myrrh and Frankincense resin. If you search, you can find both for about $20 total. Check Ebay. Next, purchase fresh cinnamon sticks. Now, here's where the work comes in, unless you have a coffee grinder you don't mind trashing, or some other heavy duty grinder that can process these three into a fine powder, which you won't mind impregnating with these aromas. They don't smell bad, but I wouldn't imagine your coffee would taste good with hints of Frankincense and Myrrh in it!

Take a teaspoon of each of the resins and a large cinnamon stick, and pound them into a powder using a pestle and mortar. Next, add Extra Virgin Olive Oil, (about 1/2 cup or so), and let it sit for a few days, stirring every so often. Cover and keep in a cool place, (not the fridge, since the oil will solidify), and store in a glass container with a lid.

Now, after showers or before bed (which is what I like to do), dip your fingers into the oil and rub into both feet and into your hands. (It's great for the skin too, and has a unique aroma that aides in relaxation and sleep!) This is one of the best ways for these essential oils to penetrate into the body without taking it internally. I like it before bed because I get a great night sleep, it soaks in real good, and I don't have to worry with working with greasy hands the rest of the day, or smelling like I just step out of an incense shop. If you shower the next morning, it's perfect! If you have a sensitivity to cinnamon (which will warm the skin, and could cause a reaction in some people), just omit it in the mix. The actual recipe calls for Cassia, which is a type of cinnamon, but it is not easy to find in raw form.

These tree products are well known for their ability to kill viruses and bacteria. Instead of taking vaccines, you've giving your body something better. Any virus or bacteria that happens to make it past your hands (which will still carry some of the essential oils), won't last once inside the body.

Colloidal Silver is something new I've just started working with, so I can't vouch for it yet. But silver is also well known for its ability to kill viruses and bacteria, (hence the new washing machines that feature silver on the inside, etc.) This may be a viable alternative as well, if you're not into feeling like you're making a science project in your kitchen!

As far as experiments on the public....there is a lot of evidence out there from various sources, (some even being done by the CIA), about testing on military personnel AND selected cities of civilians. Here's what happens.....certain "batch" numbers get "intercepted" and injected with whatever is being tested, and that batch is then sent to its designated place, unsuspected by all the middle parties involved. Then, reports are "gathered" from the area hospitals and spikes in certain illnesses are watched and documented. It really is a sinister thing that happens, and if I hadn't personally met many folks who have suffered, (and continue to suffer) from a seemingly innocent vaccine, I'm not sure I would buy into the theory. But after my OWN experiences, I'm convinced that I need to not trust ANYONE with any substance they are trying to inject into my body, no matter how much they try to convince me I need it. My body works just fine without it!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

While slighly missing the point that viruses are not bacteria and thus not as effected by antibiotics, natural or not, I can vouch for what you've said, including the silver.

HOney and garlic, also good natural antibiotics, though not complimentary in their respective tastes.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Formaldehyde exists in several forms aside from H2CO: the cyclic trimer trioxane and the polymer paraformaldehyde. It exists in water as the hydrate H2C(OH)2. Aqueous solutions of formaldehyde are referred to as formalin.

As you can see, there are a number of forms of formaldehyde.

If what was present in vaccines was the trimer or polymer, which are just molecules consisting of three or more formaldehyde molecules in combination, then they would have specified that. Instead they specify formalin, the aqueous solution of monomeric formaldehyde.

And to quote Whitewave here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The "small amounts of formaldehyde produced as a metabolic byproduct in...humans" is filtered throught the liver and expelled as waste. The formaldehyde dehydrogenase is an enzyme. Necessary. The formaldehyde in vaccines is not an enzyme and is the same preservative used to embalm dead people. It's also listed in the MSDS as toxic.

I remember seeing this statement. It's based on a misunderstanding, if I have understood what Whitewave is saying.

Formaldehyde dehydrogenase is not a type of formaldehyde; it's the enzyme in the cell that processes formaldehyde. The metabolic byproduct produced in small amounts in humans is formaldehyde, the same stuff they preserve specimens in, the same stuff they embalm dead people with. The stinky stuff that lets you know you're in a bio or anatomy lab. We have in our bodies small amounts of formaldehyde dehydrogenase, which can break down these small amounts of formaldehyde.

If it helps, it's just like lactase and lactose: lactase is the enzyme that digests lactose, which is a sugar.

As for the safety testing of these ingredients, well, I stand by what I said. It was not exactly a ringing endorsement of the FDA's standards

I don't think that the miniscule amounts of these substances found in vaccines will cause harm; I don't think that if I drank one Diet Coke it would cause harm. In each case the decision has to be made whether the benefit is worth the risk.

And I fully support your right not to get vaccinated or to vaccinate your children

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Beware of too much silver though. I used it last year for a throat infection. Colloidal Silver. It worked great but too much (and we're talking a lot here), and you run the risk of developing argyria. Basically silver poisoning. It turns your skin greyish blue and the damage is said to be permanent.

Argyria- Blue man

Good stuff though. Worked for me.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Beware of too much silver though. I used it last year for a throat infection. Colloidal Silver. It worked great but too much (and we're talking a lot here), and you run the risk of developing argyria. Basically silver poisoning. It turns your skin greyish blue and the damage is said to be permanent.

Argyria- Blue man

Good stuff though. Worked for me.

That only happens when the silver has been made incorrectly.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I took a flu shot years ago while working at a nursing home.
The nurse who gave it to me said I might get "flu-like symptoms".
Flu-like my arse!! It was the flu from hell...

Like so many has said, you don't get the flu from a flu shot, so maybe I had been exposed to it around the same time......don't know.
I was perfectly fine when I took it though.

I can say for sure that it was a flu like I had never experienced before.
My husband was worried as was the kids. My daughter sat at my side and cried cause she thought I was gonna die.
I thought I was gonna die...It was very scarey.
So, because of this I am scared to death to take another one.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I got it. I'm sure all of last year's flu hasn't disappeared from the 'market' per se.

Better safe than sorry. I haven't read much about it, but from what I'm assuming, there aren't many negative side effects.

At least, none that I've had thus far.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
reply to post by cindymars and post by emeraldzeus

Try to look up the work by Joyce C. Reilly... she has been on C2C several time and has done some excellent research exposing government experiments imposed on military personnel, disguised as vaccines.

Thanks for the referral, I will check it out. I haven't heard of her but I will keep an eye out for her next visit to C2C.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join