It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we get the flu vaccine?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

For a healthy adult? I say no, don't use up the resource let it go to the old, the diabetic and others at risk. A healthy adult should just avoid the shot and count on their immune system for flu.

However the arguements against the flu vaccine are rediculous and badly sourced imo. The flu vaccine has saved many lives and will contiue to do so. In the future when they have tested the current universal flu jab maybe we'll save even more lives.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
www.drlenhorowitz.com...

This guy was on C2C last night talking about vaccines.

To sum up his commnets.....(DO NOT GET A VACCINE).....

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
NO DO NOT GET IT!!

I got my vaccine shot about two months ago. After a month went by I started to feel shooting pains in my upper right arm. The pain comes and goes. I never had this pain before I got the shot.

I have not seen the doctor for it yet. But if it is because of the vaccine, I will be suing the company.

The past two years I have never gotten my shot and I was not sick at all. A few weeks after I got the shot I have had some colds. Next year I will not be getting the vaccine.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by The Revealer]

[edit on 17-10-2008 by The Revealer]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinktip
www.drlenhorowitz.com...

This guy was on C2C last night talking about vaccines.

To sum up his comments.....(DO NOT GET A VACCINE).....

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Pinktip]

I take it you haven't heard the good "doctors" other interviews? He's a Christian fundamentalist who believes God gave him the knowledge to cure SARS, AIDS and skin cancer. For some reason he doesn't actually put this "knowledge" to use, surprise. That the bible says vaccines are evil (insert vague bible quote) and he's not a medical doctor.. he's a retired dentist with no medical experience.

Just another quack who see's what he wants and ignores what doesn't fit into his theory. Like most anti-vaccine people, he cites that study from 2000 *forget name* its the only one that cites a link and was the one that started all this. It was proven to be inaccurate and flawed.

I haven't broken out in SARS, chicken pox, herpes or anything else and I got my flu shot in Sept.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The Doctor told me not to get it at my age and health.
Only if I had depleted immune system etc.
Unless it is extremely necessary to avoid time off work etc.
He said its better for me to get flu's as I build up an immunity to them.
I have never had the flu vac.
I got it one year from a pharmacy and never got around to actually going to the doctor for him to give me the needle.
And ended up throwing it out.

Healthy people shouldn't need it because its not a vac against avian bird flu or sars or anything like that.
When you hear of killer flu's its very rare they kill healthy people its usually babies and old and sick people.Aside from bird flu and sars that is.
If they could completely properly control the magical thing that is the human immune system they could cure any illness and people would live forever.
In some way the immune system is what you would call the "God" system.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
If you want better chance to not be seriously ill with flu than TAKE IT.
I get it for three years, for 2 years everybody around me was ill, and I wasn´t, last year I get flu too, but I was sick only for 2 days and had temperuters max about 37 °C .

And these craps about chips and drug companies are pretty nonsense. If you are not living in the jungle you already got many vaccinations in your life for most horrible illnesses.

And for example antibiotics. Made by these bad drug companies. Without them weak man can die with stupid sore throat. Yes, they want to make money for sure but speaking about chips and things like NO NO NO IF YOU DONT WANT TO DIE THAN DONT GET IT!!! is like saying to find Astar Sheran 2000 miles long ship in your heart.

If you want a photo or some info of one of these vaccines I can provide it to you, because I have few of them at home.

Marvin

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Five or six years ago I got the flu and got it bad. This county hospital was full of people with it and it was turning into pneumonia. After that experience I started taking the flu shot. I haven't even had a cold.

I get the Flu Shot!

It would help us all if people would just wash their hands!

Roper

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Flu is a virus! It lives in your body fluids not on your hands. But washing your hands is a good habit without questions.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
All I am going to say is stay as healthy as possible and you will be fine. Eat fruits and vegetables, drink as healthy as possible, and stay active. Don't over indulge in negative foods. Make sure you do what you can to keep a strong immune system! Here is a great article and a must read!

WHAT BREAKS DOWN THE IMMUNE SYSTEM?

Toxins - Toxins – Toxins
AND
~ White flour, White sugar, White rice, White potatoes, White salt ~
(If you eat the above on occasion, no problem.)
~ Fast Food, Microwaved Food, Processed Food ~
These are all devoid of nutrients for the most part and the effects of microwaving are astonishing (more on Microwaving)
Source

It goes on to say how and why pharmaceuticals are bad in the long run. Skipping down to Building your immune system.

Detoxify the body
-Not as hard a it sounds. Get your natural vitamin intakes from fruits and vegetables. Acid fruits do the best job detoxifying.

Cut back on nicotine, caffeine, sugars and etc. It is alright once in a while to have some but don't over do it. I hope this helped.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

However the arguements against the flu vaccine are rediculous and badly sourced imo.

So you think the ingredients listed by the CDC - and it is a long and ugly list - are OK to inject into people's bloodstream? You think the CDC is a bad source? You think the argument that these ingredients should NEVER be in your bloodstream is a ridiculous argument...?

You think that, given the fact that having the antibodies for HIV means you are far MORE susceptible to the disease (AIDS) and therefore suggests that "antibodies" are not the whole story, is a ridiculous argument?

The flu vaccine has saved many lives and will contiue to do so.

How do you prove that? The fact that spikes in the disease that the vaccines are for at the same time as they are given means nothing?

In the future when they have tested the current universal flu jab maybe we'll save even more lives.

Even supposing that the shot actually helps, by the time they think they have it "tested," the flu virus will have mutated, making "saving lives" an absurd assumption.

[edit on 10/17/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
Five or six years ago I got the flu and got it bad. This county hospital was full of people with it and it was turning into pneumonia. After that experience I started taking the flu shot. I haven't even had a cold.

I get the Flu Shot!

That is your choice. But I will not put all the creppola into my veins. You may be "fine" now, but down the road, you may develop other issues because of the toxic stuff you had injected into your bloodstream. (See the ingredients list - right out of the CDC - that I posted on the previous page.)

It would help us all if people would just wash their hands!

In fact, as better diets and especially better hygiene took hold in society, things like Scarlet Fever (which was never a disease they made a vaccine for), Polio and many other infectious diseases began to drop. (There was a spike of Polio when they did vaccination for it!)

I'll post these here as well:

If you don't think that there is a lot of money spent trying to convince us that vaccines work and are safe, think about how much money Big Pharma makes selling vaccines. Think of the damage caused by all the toxins and allergens they inject you with and think how that might mean profits for Big Pharma down the line as they sell you "medicines" to treat the symptoms you develop, and the "medicines" they give you to treat the side effects, and then the side effects of THOSE...

Believe me, Big Pharma doesn't care about whether they are keeping disease away - in fact, they prefer a sick populace because then they make money.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zmurfix
Flu is a virus! It lives in your body fluids not on your hands. But washing your hands is a good habit without questions.

Virii do spread outside your body... If they did not, they would not spread.

So things like washing your hands and other hygienic behaviors make a VERY big difference.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

WHAT BREAKS DOWN THE IMMUNE SYSTEM?

Toxins - Toxins – Toxins
AND
~ White flour, White sugar, White rice, White potatoes, White salt ~
(If you eat the above on occasion, no problem.)
~ Fast Food, Microwaved Food, Processed Food ~
These are all devoid of nutrients for the most part and the effects of microwaving are astonishing (more on Microwaving)
Source

And what do we find in vaccines...?

Toxins - Toxins – Toxins

Thanks for the information. I might also suggest that one stick as closely as possible to ORGANIC - truly organic (just a label these days means little - try to get as much info as you can about how your food is produced).

Avoid fluoride as well. It is a toxin.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Here is just one ingredient in flu vaccines! and some info about it:

Beta-propiolactone

cameochemicals.noaa.gov...

From the above:

Health Hazard

The toxicity potential of this material via inhalation or ingestion is high; may cause death or permanent injury after very short exposures to small quantities. It is a carcinogen. (EPA, 1998)

en.wikipedia.org...

It is listed with OSHA:

www.osha.gov...

as:

Subpart Title: Toxic and Hazardous Substances

inchem.org...

SPILLAGE DISPOSAL

Collect leaking and spilled liquid in sealable containers as far as possible. Absorb remaining liquid in sand or inert absorbent and remove to safe place. (Extra personal protection: complete protective clothing including self-contained breathing apparatus).

(Bolding above mine.)

And on and on.

And THIS toxin is just one of many in the flu vaccine.

[edit on 10/17/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Even supposing that the shot actually helps, by the time they think they have it "tested," the flu virus will have mutated, making "saving lives" an absurd assumption.

You're not as informed as you think you are. They have found part of the virus that doesn't mutate with each generation and are currently in the proess of developing a vaccine that will work for all current flu strains. So mutating against it won't be possible in any of the known strains. No doubt some other virus will of course jump in to fill teh void, but one at a time

As for your sources, i have no issue with those chemicals being called bad, they are. I have an issue with what the vaccines contain as finding an independant tester without an agenda is difficult.

Edit

Whoops i'm behind the research myself, they are already testing the vaccine. Here is a link.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 17-10-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

noooooo pls dont go and get it, i live in holland and we never have it unless someone is feeling bad and decides to get it in advance.

u dont need flue shots. and its not like u die if u dont get one.
just like 5 days maximum in bed and fever and stuff.

remember that big company's make big money out of these thing and have massive power in the states

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

You make some very good arguements. And you've done a terrific job presenting them. Thank you very much for your quality in this thread.

To my amazement, it does appear that Polyethylene Glycol is in 1 brand of flu vaccine, called "Fluzone". I can't say I've even considered that there are different brands of flu vaccine. My bad. Thanks to you, I will now. I think it was the wording 'antifreeze' on your list that caught my eye. I thought you were suggesting actual, car-ready antifreeze was in the vaccines. That's what sounded silly to me.

I've checked out every link you provided and most of it looks very interesting. I've always got room to learn more. But I can't agree with using Helium as a source. I'm a member there, too. Anyone can write anything about whatever they want. Nothing needs to be proven. I wouldn't use it as a source.

Anyways, thanks again for opening my eyes to some things I didn't know. And thanks for your civil attitude. That's always appreciated. Be well.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Thanks very much for that link, too. I had no idea they'd begun the testing stage. I heard of the universal flu vaccine acouple years ago but thought it was a long way off, yet. Nice to know it's in testing now. I hope that goes well. Maybe I'll just wait for that one. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I never get flue vaccines or any other for that matter , we even have gone so far as not allowing the Dr to vaccinate our child with the normal batery of shots as they grow up.. Honestly nature will play its cource and has done a impecable job at adapting to stop infections and virus's.. Sure there are some that have been attributed to wiping out certain ailments but cleanliness and personal hygiene wipe out alot of these things also.

I refuse an vaccine they offer, they are getting forcefull with these now especially in children.. why? For the common good? Yeah and they say war is for the common good to , its OK to kill people if it benifits some other people , thats just wrong..

If you have not seen any data on the autism rates increasing since all these vaccines started to get more and more .. its quite interesting.. the more vaccinated the more cases of autism.. Putting 2+2 together is quite simple if you just look at the trends ..

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
As I mentioned in an earlier post - I got my flu shot yesterday.

About 3 hours after getting it I felt extremely tired. Not a normal sort of tired but more a 'sick' type of exhausted. I went to bed early and woke up this morning feeling STILL feeling tired and a bit achey.

I dont know if I can blame this on the flu shot considering I had a temp of 103 earlier in the week. I kind of question my Dr's judgement in giving me the flu shot when I was still getting over something that caused such a high fever.

My arm is also super sore all around the injection site. The only other time I've had soreness after a shot was when I've had demerol/phenergan shots to relieve migraine pain and the soreness at the injection site lasts about a week with those.

I guess if I'm going to get the flu or have strange side-effects from the vaccine, now is the time to do it. In a few hours we will be on our way to Palm Desert for 10 days of rest and relaxation. If I'm gong to feel icky, I might as well be sitting poolside working on my tan while feeling that way!

My husband has never had a flu shot and has never had the flu. He is 100% convinced that it is his constant drinking of energy drinks that kills any bad germs that try to enter his body.

Anyone else a big energy drink person that thinks they contribute to their overall good health?

Jemison

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join