It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lay this to rest: Ego vs Selflessness

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I feel that if I'm in a position to help another out that I should be thankful that I am in that position,I think ego would be helping someone out and expecting praise,instead of hoping this person had something helpful happen to them

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
I feel that if I'm in a position to help another out that I should be thankful that I am in that position,I think ego would be helping someone out and expecting praise,instead of hoping this person had something helpful happen to them

^^That would be a too high ego wanted rubbed if it's like that.

When you have a job to do, where you get paid.. If you have to go way out the way for helping someone you are most likely going to want your too high ego rubbed with reward of some bit.

I used to work at Farmer Jack as a cart attend/bagger... When ever I would have to go out to the car with someone to help them put the bags in their car, you're damn skippy I wanted some reward for doing that in return or beforhand. It didnt have to be money (tip) exactly, but something they only feel to give me. If they wouldnt give me any reward whatsoever I'd damn sure feel disposable like I'm some robot you can just disreguard like it aint a person. I mean, I had to do it apart of the job's extra stuff, but if they dont treat you humanly, by giving that too high ego a rub, you're more likely not going to care in doing your job correctly, and try your best to, say, avoid being the one who has to do extra task stuff like help load a car.

Jobs have different tasks along with the one task you maybe only like. So if I must do the other tasks I dont really like, I would actually like doing them as long as I get rewarded something extra is all. I damn sure dont feel I'm a robot. Besides, if you do something extra out the way and recive not even a simple THANK YOU SO MUCH!! you feel pretty bad for the moment if you're human.

<< 1  2   >>

join