It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we here what is our purpose?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Why are we here?

Why do we exist?

Why do things happen?

Why does life work on Earth?

What is life?

What is the meaning of life?

What are we here for? IS there some greater purpose of our existence?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Why do you start so many threads?

What is the purpose?

Is there a purpose?

Are you sure?

Are you just bored?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
We are here to spread and evolve. We are here to keep the universe going. Not just us everything in the universe. Stars are here to burn, planets are here to rotate and some support life, life is here to evolve on spread.

May seem less than what everyone wants, but its the only sure thing, plants grow bigger and strectch out to get as much sun as possible, animals spread and evolve into intelligent beings whom later evolve into higher beings and so on.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
We are here to bend over, grab our ankles and smile. There's nothing else to it. We are the most expensive commodity in this world and money is to be made from us. So bend over and smile big and proud.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well,according to people who have had a near death experience,and according to the results of many hypnosis sessions with past life regressions. (which also regresses back to the bits inbetween lives) The big message from the other side it love and knowlage. Everything you do,do with your heart and out of love. And everything you do,try and learn from it.

That's pretty much it,live to love,love to live. And learn from everything you do,and teach what you have learnt to others.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
As it turns out, unless we observe the universe in some way, it won't exist. And by "we," I mean anything with a consciousness.

If we're not around to observe something, everything remains in a state of virtual quantum flux.

The universe dies, collapses in on itself in a storm of virtuality, when the last conscious thing dies. And not "will die," either. It has already happened, sometime in the future, which is the same thing as the past, if you're talking about virtual quantum states.

Hope this eases your mind.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What is our purpose?
-To live, learn, and love. Simple as that.

Why are we here?
-Original purpose? Slaves that were meant to mine gold in Africa. Current purpose? Slaves to the media and a corrupt society.

Why do we exist?
-Because it was meant to happen.

Why do things happen?
-Karma.

-Molecules.

What is life?
-The purpose of creation.

-This question is too much like the last one.

-You repeat questions too much.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think that we may just be a gift to ourselves. I've been waking up lately with the thought in my mind that being is an incredible thing. IMO, we are because someone/something decided to make us aware of ITself through us*. Oh my God I'm a poet.

* No, I'm not religious.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
We are here to experience.

I really wish I could contribute more, as my response is only one line. However I feel that my statement can be quite a profound one, upon serious contemplation.

Hey, I've got a few lines now... sweet.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I know one line post are frowned upon.

So ill give you one number for your answer.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
We are here to bend over, grab our ankles and smile. There's nothing else to it. We are the most expensive commodity in this world and money is to be made from us. So bend over and smile big and proud.

i agree

but i add while we wait to be extracted by them in the skies. so they can continue to feed on us and use us as they please.

in the mean time some of us are allowed to exist happy meaningful and wondrous lives while the others well as already mentioned

what is life? some kind of pay back

why do things happen? because the Gods make it so

what is the meaning of life? a really good regular crap preferably the coincides with tea break or lunch even better

i kid not

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Why are we here?

Why do we exist?

Why do things happen?

When you ask why questions such as these you are presupposing that we were put here. If we weren't put here, there would be no 'why' there would only 'be.'

What is life?

Life is the opposite of death. What is death? The lack of life. It's a conundrum unless you prefer to look at life from a scientific P.O.V.

These questions also pre-suppose that we were put here. The only problem is, if we were put here, we would never be able to know why, simply because we are the "created" not the "creator."

What is my point? There are no objective truths to any of these questions, it is all a matter of personal opinion and preference. To each his own.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
we are here physically because we are like living filtration systems meant to keep the planet clean and balanced. back when things were working right we would eat the animals and plants that were abundant and turn it into (poop out) fertilizer for new plants to grow. we breath the oxygen and breath out carbon dioxide for the plants. etc etc

top topics

join