It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what was the final ruling in court for obama being born outside US territory?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Look, I don't want this to come off the wrong way. But this man is running for the Presidency of the United States of America. And he's doing damn good at it too. I'm sure if there was something he was hiding that could get him kicked off the ticket, it would had already been found out by now. You better beleive the C.I.A/N.S.A or who have you, has already backround checked every living second of his life.

That's what I find humorous about this whole debate. They have far more resources than all those claiming the birth certificate is false and would have disqualified his application if there were questions about his eligibility. I don't see why or how such agencies would have let something like him not being a US citizen go, especially when the current administration is Republican.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Look, this is much simpler than all that.

Show the judge the validated certificate and the case is closed. Is that so hard?

What would keep that process from happening?

If he is totally LEGIT he should be addressing this with some due diligence, after all, he could end the problem at any moment. He knows the law.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Whether or not Obama was born in Hawaii doesn't really matter. What matters is his mother.

Acquisition of US Citizenship

Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock: A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) INA provided the citizen parent was physically present in the U.S. for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen are required for physical presence in the U.S. to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.

The problem here is that Obama was born when his mother was 18. So she couldn't have spent 5 years after the age of 14 in a US territory. But since she spent all 18 years in a US territory, I would imagine he'd be a citizen anyway.

Obama not being a natural-born citizen would be something of a hypertechnical nature, legally speaking. And I do questions whether it should be held as a reason he shouldn't be allowed to become President if elected- obviously the people want him to hold the office if they elect him. Barring him from being President is abusing the letter of the law to kill the spirit of it. The guy is an American, and that's what matters. It's not like Schwarzenegger, who is obviously not a natural born citizen.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

Bravo! The heart of the matter!!!

It is truly not in the spirit of the law to deny him the privilege of running for president!

Which he should confront and champion, not elude and evade.

I wish him no ill. I support neither 'major' candidate anyway. It just seems like a melodrama that won't end, and no one will put us out of our misery of it.

Its a purely political distraction.

The sad part is that it IS technically valid.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Actually, Berg is a lifelong democrat:

www.thebulletin.us...

"I'm a lifelong Democrat, and I'm doing this to enforce the Constitution," said Mr. Berg. He said it was a crime for the Democratic Party to protect Mr. Obama over protecting the Constitution. "Barack Obama taught Constitutional law, he knows his status, and he knows that he's not eligible. [Calif. Gov. Arnold] Schwarzenegger wants to run for president, he says, 'Go change the constitution.' Barack Obama wants to run for president, he'll just ignore the Constitution."

"This is the first time in the history of our government that an unqualified person has run for the office of president," said Mr. Berg. "

[edit on 17-10-2008 by ballast]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
www.americasright.com...

On a day which saw another eligibility-related lawsuit, this one in Connecticut, bite the dust, Philadelphia attorney Philip Berg remains cautiously optimistic after taking his own dismissed case to the highest court in all the land.

"At this point, we're waiting and hoping and praying that Justice Souter rules in our favor and delays tomorrow's election," said Berg, mentioning as well that he filed a supplemental argument with the Court today. "They have the power. The United States Supreme Court has the power. They stopped the count in Florida in 2000, I was there in the panhandle when they stopped the count."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join