It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU to present "Blueprint for Worldwide Currency System" to US this weekend!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for dinner."

Benjamin Franklin

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
reply to post by D.E.M.

We are not afraid of everyone being unified, we are afraid of the fact that the government will decide what we all believe, what we all do, we are afraid of the government taking complete control of our lives under the guise of this "unity" that they claim to be for.

I know I'm quoting "Lord of the Rings", but I think it is a better representation of the point I'm trying to prove, just so you might understand it better:

Lord of the Rings
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Just replace the word "Ring" with the word "Government", I'm against worshiping the government or giving up my rights and beliefs just because the almighty government wants me to believe something else.

The fact is, all governments want the same thing, to control people, to have power and money, they will do anything to get that power and money, including lying to you, it's one of the easiest things to do.

From childhood, we are indoctrinated to believe that the government are the good guys and that all they want is to help you.

They want to control you and force you to believe and do what they want you to.

That is wrong.
That is evil.

I hope I presented my point well enough.

-Lahara

And your alternative to government is what, dictatorship ? You need something it is either something we collectively agree on or something forced upon us. If government is not working for you then do something about it and become a politician or whatever it is that you believe we need. Stand up and be positive stop whining and bitching DO SOMETHING!

Now how many people here will stop bitching and actually get off their butts and do something........nobody. Right so we have to live with the system we have.

My father is an (ex) politician. The house I grew up in was always full of people involved in politics. Some of the comments made here are complete and utter nonsense. You haven't a clue it's all paranoid spiteful hatred for something you want nothing to do with. That does not mean that all politicians are whiter than white far from it. However politics is like any other aspect of society in that it has its liars, cheats, self centred, greedy individuals. But at least you get to vote for a politician as opposed to a bank manager!

The world has slowly moved towards greater integration and a single world currency is inevitable. I mean come on "United States of America" hells bells think about, the clue is in the first two words. Europe is now integrated after having kicked the hell out of each other over several wars the last two being on a grand scale that Germany and France especially never want to see again. Two of the 3 most arrogant nations in Europe but oh boy do they understand the need for cooperation and not conflict!

You have two choices:

1. Accept the inevitable and work towards making it OURS.
2. Bitch complain, whine, sit back do naff all and wake up with something that is THEIRS.

Oh one last point: banks don't give a damn whether there is one currency or many they will trade in virtual money anyway. There already is one virtual global currency now let the people get control of it.......and there's only one way.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by evilod
I would argue that Brown's four point proposal is a form of one world government. Let me explain my case...

Does the proposal not fit the description of a global central bank? It doesn't matter if all nations keep their respective currencies... if one group is controlling the monetary policy (interest rates, issuance, etc), it's like the different currencies just become different denominations of the same currency, because it's all being controlled by one authority.

If all it takes for world government is regulation of the international banking system, we've had one since 1944.

Between the IMF, World Bank, and the US$ as the de facto backer for foreign currency reserves, the above situation you describe is true - isn't it?

The current proposal - far from creating a world government, will effectively remove the exclusive control of international banking rules and regulations from the USA's domain. From where I sit, ie. not in the USA, that's a good thing.

We are talking about governance, as opposed to government. The game has changed. The rules need to change as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
the 'new worldwide currency system' doesn't mean one worldwide currency

strangely enough no one here is mentioning forex (foreign exchange), a major investment field for 'big players' (yes, in fact they make the most of their fortunes while 'financial crisis' are raging)

remember how mr. Soros made his fortune?

...by forex

I don't think that these major players will allow 'one world currency', because you cannot invest in one currency and there is no profit in it

cheers

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taledus

So I say it's time to:

START A PETITION!!!

This is about the only way the people of every nation will be able to announce to thier government that this needs to stop right now. It is not a violent plan, nor is it something that will disrupt things on a massive scale.

So I say to everyone...How about it?!?

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Taledus]

I wouldn't even waste the paper the petition is written on. Since when does the government care about petitions? Just like the hundreds of thousands that made petitions and wrote their elected leaders to stop the bailout. One of the latest polls said nearly 80% were against it.

They are going to do what they want to do, or are told to do. You are just a citizen and your opinion doesn't matter, just keep on paying taxes like a good American.

[edit on 17/10/08 by xstealth]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by evilod

A new world wide currency system is not the same as a new worldwide currency. However I think the larger debate on here should be about the pro's and con's of such an idea (one world currency). ...and try and keep it sensible.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
i forsee huge resistance

I don't! The Government and media will already have a campaign lined up whereby they convince us of how a world currency will benefit us all economically. You watch! The difference between this and the Euro is that we're in far more turmoil than we were at the conception of the Euro (and of course, this is deliberate).

Realistically, it's going to be extremely hard to resist the advances of a world currency. The PTB are going to create a situation whereby we must choose financial security or national sovereignty - the new world currency or financial disadvantage.

But we MUST BE STRONG! We must remember that this was all set up and that the only way to resist Globalist enslavement is to make sacrifices and place importance in family, community and country.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You are welcome

and I'm trying to not make this a one line post

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Sorry I know this is serious, but you have to give them credit for ingenuity. I couldn't help but laugh my ass off when I clicked on the link to the Yahoo video about a one world currency. I was met with a video about diapers and how to get ready for the love
I think they mean sarcastically, prepare yourself for the s***

I'm just curious, David Icke has been warning everyone about this for years. Do you still consider him a nutcase?

Please to all those fearmongers, no offence, but please grow a backbone. These arrogant morons, they may be deluded, they may be powerful with all their wealth, but they are truly deluded if they think they honestly have a chance off bringing their plans to fruition. Excuse me while I laugh my ass off some more.

P.S I don't do fascism. Anyone one who does is a bought and paid for sheep. Enjoy the grassy knoll.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by kindred]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Like many people have said i don't think most of the worlds population would go for a world currency, how would they implement it in the first place??

We would have World riots and a major break down in all areas of every day life People would not go to work for fear of not getting paid and so on

I will be going bush if they try to bring this joke in

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMajestic

I don't think this crisis is a hoax. I think it is a contrived crisis but none the less very real. It was brought about for reasons that are revealed here and if one is not not aware of the contrivance one could see this as a blessing. The picture being painted is that we are being saved from the big bad bogey Man (Greedy Bankers and speculators) and the lack of oversight has caused this. Oversight that was done away with, years ago. Derivatives have grown exponentially that it now has outgrown the GNP of the world 16x!! It is a staggering amount of, essentially, fictitious money that has had a definite impact on the world economy. Bubble upon Bubble and Bubbles do, and did, pop.

The person on the outside looking in, without some understanding of how this crisis came about, will not see the inherent dangers but will see this as a rescue plan.

For me, even with some basic understanding have a hard time to believe in a NWO that would be intrinsically bad. Not because I don't think it is possible, I do, but because I do tend to believe more in the good of people than the bad (what folly). However, I would NOT welcome it and would actively oppose it.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by duffster

I would think it would start off with an International Trading Currency. One currency for trading between nations only. It will then trickle down to the common man over the next two decades. This is how people would get used to the idea. It would be touted as having only advantages as there would be no Exchange rate and it would make trade more fair. Just my guess.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

I can see your way of thinking how it would be implemented and you may be correct,but the first jump into that world market would be the big one

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
If you think this is a rescue plan, then you are truly naive. It's the EU who is trying to bring this about. The same EU who doesn't believe in democracy, the same EU who doesn't believe in freedom of speech, need I go on. You get the picture. The same Eu where auditors have refused to sign off the bloc's financial accounts, because of fraud and corruption for the 13th year in a row. No disrespect, but what planet you living on. Why would anyone with an ounce of intelligence want to be part of something so blatantly fascist and corrupt.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by kindred]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chalky01
reply to post by Terrapop

Ha, lol. Theres not chance in hell that the government is gunna get away with this without ALOT of rebellion. Ill most likely be one of those rebelling,

You do realize the amount of the US that said no to the bailout should have caused a rebellion when it passed.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Honestly, where any of you seriously surprised?!? After that G20 summit, nearly everything in their manifesto talked about a one world government 'global problem...global solution' etc. I'll be honest, I was waiting for WW3. After WW1, league of nations, after WW2, United Nations so you can see where I was coming from, maybe their saving that for when people say NO!

We have a major problem though, what can we do? Well, for starters, WE CAN'T STOP IT!

Why? Well, first and foremost, because it is progress, it is what is needed, desperately. Problem is, we don't trust the people that are setting this thing up, so how the hell can we trust our 'new global order'? What can we do?

Well, we can think up a better one! We currently, can't argue against it, because, like it or not, it's the next step in our economical and political evolution, and they know it. So to fight this, we must at least discuss, another one world order, the solution, has to be a global government (including the bank/s). Unfortunately, we know why they are setting up this one, more control, so I say we do the same thing, more control, for us, the people.

Someone mentioned it in a thread a while ago, I took it as a joke at first, but it then got me thinking, they said 'a lottery'. I thought on it more and more, as it made sense, it could be like jury duty, only it lasts a couple of months, I was thinking 3. Say a thousand people, from varying countries, randomly selected, to run the government for 3 months. No permanent politicians, only administration and clerical staff, the '1000' randomly selected, will get say, a large tax deduction, or an extra couple of thousand for the time they serve, as not only an incentive, but also a prevention, against 'career' politicians.

This would stop the power, being in the hands of the few, but rather the many, it would make sure the people, rather than their fatter, richer bretheren, have a say in the direction of their government, their world. It would make people pay attention and take action in the running of their world, rather than sitting out, complacently letting their government do all the work (in which most governments take full advantage of the people's ignorance), removing the excuse of ignorance. It would make things harder to 'manipulate' if most of the world understood and participated in the economical and political upkeep of our world, woud it not?

One thing, that I realised, was there would have to be restrictions, on who could and couldn't be 'called up'. Obviously, criminals, currently incarcerated would be a no, no. But who else? People on the 'board' of major corporations? People of a certain high rank in the armed forces a no, no?

Let's not forget people, if this all goes through, it won't just be the banks and government that will be globalised, how about your childrens education? thats been pretty much in the bag for a while now, with UNESCO, people still say 'how are we brainwashed', I'd call it more indoctrinated, but a spade is a spade. This will offer you more control over your childrens education, what they learn, how they grow, I certainly don't want this in the hands of a government with little to know oversight, like that which we've had for a while now.

So please remember, even if you don't care about this world and how it's run, do it for the kids.

Vote EMM for gobal emperor!

EMM

Edit to add:

"We are talking about governance, as opposed to government. The game has changed. The rules need to change as well."

Bingo.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by evilod

I hinted at this about a month ago. I had seen a small one paragraph snipit somewhere stating how the head of the U.N. was going to broach the subject of a one world currency. I then stated that the PTB are probably getting spooked a bit and have decided to speed things up a bit. Instead of the slow process and pushing the Amero on us they are deciding to simply skip to the end game. That's why the world is facing such an economic downturn right now.

Just my thoughts.

NWO! NWO! NWO! NWO!!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
We in europe got the euro. Travelling here has become more confortable, not needing to exchange at every border. Initially we were worried that poorer countries would take away something from us. That's not the case. It's simply criminals that do that. And it did higher standards in those countries. Helping each other. I welcome the world currency. I don't undertsand what you're afraid off. You can't stop it anyway. Stop fear mongering and get on with it. I hate the NWO too, but some thing just need to be done. None of you, neither me and politicians understand the complexity of currencies. All I can say is, staged or not staged, something is being done, not just talk, talk, talk. Can you save the current financial crisis? Without administering violence and fear?

My suggestions for how to call the new world currency:

1 Globalo = 100 Planetos

or

1 Universo = 100 Geos

or

???

maybe we should start a thread to name the new currency...

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Benarius]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benarius
I hate the NWO too, but some thing just need to be done.

If you truly hate the NWO and want to see it fail, it is absolutely essential that you oppose a world currency. If you don't see why, you really need to do some pondering. Nation, culture, currency and politics are all inextricably linked. Globalise one and the others will follow. The implementation of one-world currency is an enormous step towards the NWO. Perhaps you don't realise quite how big a step it is.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I am not in fear.
I am not angry.
I do not hate.
I am not scared.

Please note the mood to the left. People say irrational things sometimes when feelings get delude thier way of thinking. I need this to point out before I continue with this post as some members here over the last few pages claim that people are fear mongering...I am not one of those people.

That being said, a few people here have agreed with the fact that this in no way is a good idea. One World Currency, system or otherwise, means laws to govern the money...this cannot happen if everyone remains a separate nation. Personally I have nothing against the EU...I have always wanted to go visit over there to see what people are talking about when they refer to a "bloody-tart"
. Just as well, a few members here believe that this would be a good thing, while others say this will not happen at all.

I say to you WAKE UP PEOPLE.

People who denounce the fact that this will not happen or it be a good thing do not understand how all of the world markets work and coincide with the laws that mandate them. Others who believe my idea of a petition would go by overlooked are probably right...so people do not feel the need to even bother.

Take for instance people you meet throughout the day who believe that the $700b bailout package was a bad idea...ask them if they called thier congressmen to find out they didn't. I did call however. And regardless of the fact that it passed anyway, I feel more sound in the fact that me calling shows I am against it, and I did what others feel was a peaceful way to notify those voting of our beliefs.

So, right, calling or signing a petition will probably have no effect, but I for one will feel better about my efforts. Also I was informed by a moderator that discussing the +/- of a petition are warrented, just not recruitment. So I propose a "Do As You Wish" event...create your own for your own area...send it to your congressional reps...give them a call and notify those around you to do so as well...send out emails to everyone you know, and encourage the same. This is how we make it peacefully known that this is not right.

And I, in no way, endorse the thought of a violent protest...if people act accordingly to a peaceful initiative now, things are less likely to get violent at a later date. This is logic at it's best people. "Think before you act" is something my father always used to say, because "When you react, you must always know that there was another way."

So I encourage a petition, emails, phone calls, flyers, etc. Anything that can get the information out in the most peaceful way possible. If you are strongly opposed to my ideas, then that is your right and does not substantiate banterring. My idea, as well as others, are for those who want to do something because we view this as a step towards control. My effort and opinion will not be swayed just becase someone disagrees with it and believes me to be wasting my time. It is my time, therefore I can waste it for what I see fit...whether it be standing up to voice an opinion, or browsing the net for pron, this is still the "land of the free" and I am not harming anyone with these efforts.

Anyways, I have worked up a petition for my area...I am sending emails...I am calling everyone I know. This is what I can do...what about you?

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Taledus]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join