It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conduct of denying ignorance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I am a relatively new participant to these forums interactively speaking, however that said I have been browsing their contents for a very long time, but it is only now that I have felt the need to speak up in criticism to the community that for a long time I have felt a silent part of. Above top secret prides itself on debating topics of great intellectual importance to our humanity, be it political, religious, agnostic, esoteric, any and all notions of the occult ('hidden truth') ideologies and for a long time it has done so in a manner I deem socially fair, inviting and logical. But of late I have noticed that with the membership growth among other factors, that the quality of the delegates have been lacking of late, with often hostile belligerents turning away orderly logical discussion and instead inciting their own opinions not based on any logic or in any productive way helpful to the consultations. This turns away people dealing with things they find frightening, crazy or generally hard to understand from coming forward with their stories. I implore every member to always note that just because you don't agree with something does not mean it is wrong and the same with the other side of the coin that just because you believe something does not make it right. We are a society made up of truths different to us all each one to its own, the truth is that there is only ever an interpretation of the truth, it’s the same with anything in life, the truth is that no one knows the definitive answer that is for us to find through intense study, we can only ever make a plausible educated assumption on anything we learn in life. The word educated is not to be confused with academic in the slightest, we are a community that has decided to find the truth, something that is hidden in many meanings, and the participants of such things come from all walks of life and backgrounds and should be respected. Recently every topic I read, no matter how interesting has a delegation of participants who feel that they can waste time of those debating topics with logic by simply stating their opinion on it, now let me give you mine, if you think something brilliant, I am thankful for your opinion and appreciate it, however if it is purely opinion based with no logical argument just antagonistic to make the original post feel ashamed, I urge you to rethink your mentality, problems and I quote are never solved by the same thinking that caused them. Einstein was right on this, we must never allow any argument we come across to be turned away without the scrutiny of logic as a part of debate. As a conduct of denying ignorance, would participants please only ever give logical answers, if you have something to say, elaborate on what you feel, if you do not agree with something ask with all respect to the author of the post to stand to your logical scrutiny, if the content of debate cannot you are victorious. You can always make your point, but it is how you make your point that is the issue I am trying to raise. Too many people are eager to say their brief piece ridiculing anything they think unlikely, the truth is there are a lot of things in this world I personally do not agree with, but I refuse to mock those that believe in them, I only wish to debate to find the truth. To some up, I urge the users of this forum from here onwards to stand for this argument, to be inviting and allow people to say their piece and you your own in a logical evidential way. If you have nothing logical to say that helps either side of debate, or you are just flaming, then please refrain. Even if you think something is wrong doesn’t mean it is, but please keep your opinions to yourself but always argue with evidence, if something cannot hold to scrutiny then it naturally has to elaborate further or revise.

Anyway thanks for reading, I apologise for focusing on a negative aspect of the forum that has so much good going for it, but I had to say it to help progress

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
My opinion is that you should break your post down into paragraphs so others will not be scared off by such a large block of text.

Without that, your message will not get very far around here.

Additionally, some of the points you are making in this post can actually be used against your own topic. ;P

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bvproductions
My opinion is that you should break your post down into paragraphs so others will not be scared off by such a large block of text.

Well said.
After about the third line I felt like I was looking at one of those pictures that a 3-D image pops out of if you stare long enough.

Edit your post, break it into paragraphs (the smaller the better) and I'm sure lots of people would be happy to read it, Including myself.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
lol sorry I couldnt break it down used all 4,000 characters
hehe hope it is sorta readable

top topics

join