It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Turning On Alone At 4am

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Cool story, however moral of the story is: Anthing with electronics do not trust them. Ever seen The Manitou (1978)?

I would only be worried if your TV started walking up stairs to come and see you. If I saw that, I would actually go back to church (it's been 28 years).

BTW, my wife told my last night before going to bed, she said she saw her first "orb". She said it was 7 to 8 inches in diameter, pure sphere. She said green light. Didn't really bother me, only she said, after seeing it around 2AM she fell asleep, she dreamt of her Uncle of whom is dead and hadn't seen him of the pysical sense in 10 years plus. Now that one, got me thinking.

Take care,

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
It could be anything. TVs are controlled via infra-red radiation, so any source that happens to emit the right pattern (which is very simple, as it's not very technically advanced) will cause the TV to respond.

Seems like a good theory. The TV here will react to lightning flashes. If the light enters through the windows at a certain angle the tv will turn off.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
My TV has an on/off timer (as most TVs do). You can also preset the volume and channel for when the timer turns the TV on.

When I first found it I would set it up so the TV would come on in the middle of the night blaring loud. I'd only do it when I was going to be in the field for a few days (otherwise I'd just have to wake up to turn it off, which would make the joke much less enjoyable). It scared the crap out of her at first, until she figured out that it came on at the same time, volume, and channel every morning.

Electronics do so many weird things when they're on the fritz (or working perfectly) that I wouldn't cry ghost when something strange happens. Unless a messed up Japanese girl crawls out of your TV screen....then you have problems.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join