It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some MRE sellers Out of stock due to FEMA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I decided to look into getting some MRE’s. I can keep them around for up to 5 years apart from my normal food storage. Sounds great.

But, I’m noticing on many websites than sell MRE’s, there are notices about FEMA, either buying all their stock, or taking over their facility.

I can still find a few sites with sock, but here are common notices on ones out of stock:

“Note: FEMA & MEMA Bought Out Our Last 13 Full Truckload Quantities Of MRE Tray-Packs And All The Individual MRE Entree's Are Gone Now, Too
We Do Not Expect To Get Anymore Inventory Once Gone!”

“Please note: In order to supply victims of Hurricane Ike, our MRE manufacturing facility has been taken over by FEMA. This will result in a slightly longer delivery time for this item. We are still accepting orders for this product and encourage you to order today to avoid any further delays. We anticipate a 2-3 week delivery time on this product. Thank you for your patience”

I always thought they use Military MREs.

Also, any sugestions on a place to get good MRE's?

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Similar in the UK, the new style army Ration packs that are more suitable to extreme weather environments like they have in Afghanistan and iraq are just about complelety unavailable to the public, which is unusual.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I thought they used the military ones as well. Personally I dont stock MRE's, therefore dont know where to buy them cheaply, I wish you luck in your search. However, could you provide links to the sites where these notices are posted? Either here or u2u if you dont want to advertise. Curious is all, never heard of FEMA doing something like this, seems strange to me.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
military surplus stores around here have a lot, but they get mad when you try and buy more than a case, which i think is a 24 pack.

as a boyscout, 75% of all meals i ate while hiking were MREs. We were lucky enough to have a leader who worked at Fort Bragg and 82 airborne always had some AWESOME survival lessons.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I keep a 30 day supply for 7 people. I buy it at 2 year intervals so I do not have to replace all of my stock at one time. I just purchased 1/3 of my total supply with no issues and even got the entrees for just under $2.00 each. with no delay at all

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Beef Jerky,Pemmican,Home made trail mix and Vitamin tablets rule OK.

We in the UK are blessed with ridiculous prices and low availability for MRE's

I was looking for the 200 portion American survival 'bargain bucket' in Costco in Gateshead to no avail.Anyone wanna post me one?

CONSPIRACY ANGLE..

'THEY' could poison all publicly available MRE's anyway if they wanted to sabotage the Joe 'survivalist type'

Fill them full of laxatives and catch you 'with your pants down'

[edit on 16-10-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
MRE = Meals Ready to Eat, Thats three lies on one line

top topics

join