It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Please Tell Me Some Simple Effective Meditation Methods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
CAN SOMEONE WITH GOOD MEDITATION KNOWLEDGE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE.
I HAVE TRIED A FEW METHODS IN THE PAST BUT HAD NO REAL SUCCESS
I AM THINKING ALL THE TIME ABOUT THE PROBLEMS OF THE WORLD AND POSSIBLE FUTURE EVENTS AND I ALSO SUFFER FROM CLINICAL DEPRESSION. I AM FINDING IT VERY HARD TO SWITCH OFF AT THE MOMENT AND WOULD BE VERY VERY GRATEFUL IF THERES A BROTHER OR SISTER OUT THERE THAT CAN TRUELY HELP ME TO SEE SOME LIGHT IN A WORLD THAT IS FAST BECOMING DARK.

LOVE AND PEACE

SUPERXNOVA

Mod Edit: All Caps Title. As well, please refrain from using all caps in posts.

5) Most of all, do not use ALL CAPS in posts and thread titles.

ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette

[edit on 16-10-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I don't know if my methods will help but I think I can try in some way. [Plus this seems to be in the wrong place I think?]

I have A.D.H.D (or so a psychologist stated) so I think I understand what you mean about being unable to shut the mind down, and sometimes even keep from sitting still for a while
. Have you tried just listening to a relaxing genre of music? Something from the usual things that you listen to, I've found classical music and a bit of progressive trance every now and then helps; but I try to stay with the classical as it seems to basically wash over your body as if it were giving you a massage.

Here is a site that I use, it's quite good as it has some oceanic sounds, pianos, a few vocals and just a wide variety of regular classical style as well as a few that are new to me.
bluefm.net...

Also sometimes it's good to think in meditation, think over the problems you have been faced with and it's in that time that you may find a solution to the problem. So some chatter in the brain is good

Hope this helped.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Here is the best meditation for you on the planet. Until you have cleared the stored junk in your being, passive meditations will do no good, they will simply be band aids for cancer of the soul.

www.osho.com...

At the bottom of the page you can download the music to accompany. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via u2u and I will be happy to assist.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Leviatano

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY,
IM NEW TO POSTING ON ATS , COULD YOU TELL ME THE AREA I SHOULD OF POSTED IT. I THOUGHT ID GIVE IT A SHOT ON ATS BECAUSE OF THE AMOUNT OF -LETS SAY GIFTED PEOPLE THAT USE ATS

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

THANK YOU FRIEND

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I have done meditation for quite a while, one of the problems with meditation is that the person can not relax enough to get into a state of comfortable breathing.

You can find sites that sell mp3s for guided breathing exercises.

If I was you I will start with breathing exercises, learning how to do proper breathing will improve the way that you feel.

Breathing exercises can lower your hart rate and gives you relaxation, you can do them several times a day even if you are busy working.

Meanwhile you can find time during the day (that is very important) to just lie down while doing breathing and at the same time practicing guided meditation, you can visit any place that have the mp3s on this and download and just follow the instructions.

I been able to control now my blood pressure, get away from the horrible panic attacks I was having and while I am still on blood pressure medication I do not need any anti depressants for panic attacks.

I also do EFT, “emotional freedom technique” and I have been successful with it as soon I feel anxious or stress I work the symptoms before they become a problem.

This is the link on how to learn the technique, it has been a god send for me.

www.emofree.com...

It took me about a month to master and I used it everyday just to make sure my day will be free of stress.

Now remember the key is perseverance and the willingness to learn and master the techniques be meditation, breathing or anything else, it takes time but the results are incredible on whatever is that you are aiming to achieve.

Remember take you time, even when you feel is not working just keep doing it until you become your own master.

top topics

join