It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. McCain Stood With ACORN Rally In 2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

A goldfish's lifetime ago, Sen. John McCain was happy to accept the honors and acclamation of the Service Employees International Union, People for the American Way, UNITE HERE -- and ACORN. Here he is, on Feb. 20, 2006, telling immigration rights activists at a rally in Miami that they "are what makes America special." ACORN co-sponsored the rally, and its volunteers surround McCain, and while there's no evidence that McCain ever formally teamed with the group, the video serves as a reminder that he did not mind being associated with them when the politics of the moment were different. (The video clip was e-mailed to this column by a Democrat who supports Barack Obama.)

Link

I'm not sure what I think of ACORN, but there are so many threads attempting to connect Obama to the group that I thought it would be fair to post this. Politicians associate with/decry groups soley based upon how their purposes are best suited, and this is just another example.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by round_eyed_dog]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Star and flag for you. It's very important for the voting public to know what really went on while they weren't paying attention.

This is hypocrisy at it's finest! I especially love all the Reagan republicans that sat on the board with Ayers as well as Obama! Hypocrisy!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Why do think that McCain never calls Obama out on ACORN? Don't throw stones in a glass house....

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Star...

I think its amazing how he would like to draw attention to Obama's "shady" associations, but if the Dems were to bring up his, they would be "inappropriate".

sigh... I hate election years. They should modify the election regulations so that mudslinging is illegal.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This ACORN thing sure is an odd situation. It certainly feels like they are out there to take away any legitimacy of whichever candidate wins. Regardless of who wins, each side can point at the others connections to ACORN and say that the election was stolen.

With all of the hate and animosity on both sides, this is going to be a very ugly end to the election. I will be curious to see how bad it gets.

I would be more outraged by ACORN if the election wasn't stolen a long time ago. The election was stolen, in my mind, when the media refused to give Ron Paul a chance. So now I am just along for the ride.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Interesting. I was wondering why the McCain campaign hadn't really tried to link ACORN with Obama.

top topics

join