It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactivity Is In The Air For You And Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Radioactivity - Kraftwerk

Stop Radioactivity
It's in the air for you and me
Stop Radioactivity
Discovered by Madame Curie
Chain Reaction and Mutation
Contaminated Population

For the life of me I tried to put this in the "ATS video" forum but had no post new thread button?? I understand that this may not exactly fall into education, but it is educational, on some level. Please move if necessary and sorry I didn't have the wits to figue it out. Since when did Man-machine music not ROCK?
Hope you like.

www.youtube.com...

ColoradoJens

[edit: title: All Caps]
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Come on, someone on ATS needs their mid-morning Kraftwerk fix.
I know it. If you have not seen this live performance from perhaps the most famous German Band of all time it is a must see. View it!

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I didn't bother to even watch the whole thing. It's nuclear fear mongering. Do you have any idea how much NATURAL radiation we're exposed to every DAY? An 8 hour flight exposes you to approximately the same radiation as several hundred chest x-rays. Living in a brick house exposes you to a lot of radiation as well. I don't have the exact figures anymore, but you would be amazed at how much radiation is out there.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Reply to Zaphod! Still no reply function!

Ahem. Didn't you like the song? Are you familiar with Kraftwerk and do you know this song was written 25 years ago; facts are what they are - you are more than correct in yours - I agree and I believe KW would too. They are pioneers in concept and electronic engineered music who's ideas, although dated, reflect our attitudes of not so long ago.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The little bit of the song I listened to I did enjoy, but I have a huge issue with nuclear fear mongering. It drives me up the wall, so when I hear the background "facts" and read them in the background, I have to stop listening.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well I'm not really into German electronic music but this wasn't too bad, though I prefer the autobahn

Gotta say the graphics reminds me of a bad Amiga demo

Anyway it gets the message across. Thanks for posting OP

edit, darn typos..

[edit on 16/10/08 by styxxz] arrrgh!!!!

[edit on 16/10/08 by styxxz]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Just a point - which of their facts are incorrect?

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It isn't so much that the facts are incorrect, as it is that everyone tries to make radiation sound so horrible, as if we're all going to die if we're exposed to it. The amounts of radiation that are released from most nuclear powerplants, and even from weapons plants were miniscule compared to the amounts that we are exposed to naturally.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Reply to Zaphod58:

Perhaps you are correct regarding mis-information about the dangers posed by Nuclear Power plants and radiation; considering the number is growing, there doesn't seem to be much fear outright. I believe what Kraftwerk has done is taken subject matter that is interesting and put it to music with their undeniable original touches (Krypton 85 will cause death AND skin cancer). I know people thought I was a geek twenty years ago in HS humming the line, "Discovered by Madame Curie" as I walked down the hall. Really I think it is more of just another Kraftwerk song that goes perfectly with their exploration of a man-machine future, and ROLF rocks.

ColoradoJens

[edit on 16-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I thought now with all of our radioactive fallout this might have more pertinance...interesting anyway...
Also interesting pre-fukashima comments...even my own!

CJ
edit on 17-6-2011 by ColoradoJens because: check your email

edit on 17-6-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join