It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murtha tells P-G western Pa. a 'racist area'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
How this guy keeps getting elected is beyond me. He is currently being sued for calling our troops "murderers". Now he calls his own constituents racist because they might be hesitant to vote for Obama.

Way to swing the vote, John!

www.politickerpa.com...

U.S. Rep. John Murtha (D-Johnstown) told The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette editorial writers Wednesday that western Pennsylvania is a "racist area."

"There's no question Western Pennsylvania is a racist area," Murtha told the paper. "The older population is more hesitant."

His remarks are similar to ones made by Gov. Ed Rendell (D) in February, when the governor said some conservative whites in Pennsylvania are probably "not ready to vote for an African-American candidate."

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Definitely racism!! It certainly couldn't be that many of us white, western PA residents just think that Obama's policies are going to wreck not only our area of the country...but the rest of the country as well. Definitely not that. We're all racist.

Despite all of the accusations from the left that the right is racist...it sure does seem like just about every mention of race comes from the left in the first place. How very odd.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is all part of a campaign by the media and democrats to guilt white voters to the polls. They are planting a seed that if you don't vote Obama, there must be something wrong with you. At the same time, they are demonizing a whole race of people and giving black people a reason to fear whites. What happens if the election goes to McCain, we can have hordes of angry protesters in the street looking for white "racists" top beat up?

The media spent a week accusing the McCain campaign of siring up hate, yet they are the ones out convincing black America there is a conspiracy against them.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I was going to ask why on earth does it seem like the most insane people get elected and stay elected then it occurred to me that the people electing them must lunatics themselves. I'm from a city with a terrible mayor who's running for his NINTH term. There's Kennedy in MA who at least has a physical reason for being insane but he will just keep getting elected until he dies.

What is wrong with people?

I hope those electing the lunatics are doing it because they think it's funny to watch a monkey dance and throw poo. Any other reason would be horrible.

I'm going to go cling to my guns some more.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Once again it is the Democrats bringing up the issue of race. Then the Obama supporters here post videos of racial comments here. Once again bringing up race.

When is Obama and company going to figure out that race is not the issue? They are the ones who want to make race an issue.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The fact is, they know race is not an issue. They are playing the old game of making it an issue. It's a trick that's as Old as time.

It's an attempt to take the voter's attention away from all the deficiencies in this candidate.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

Quite right.

Statements like this by Murtha further the sad attempt at political overcorrectness in this country.

What this does is allow for the argument that if you don't support Obama it MUST be because he is black. Not because you don't agree with his opinions or policies, but because he is black.

It's quite disgraceful and is an insult to intelligent voters everywhere, not just in Western PA. Although the voters who put him into office should respond in kind, as that is their responsibility, the problem should be recognized by voters around the country.

This is no different from those running around calling Obama a terrorist etc etc etc. In both cases there are evil fearmongers and or guilt trippers and or criminals trying to push you to vote for reasons other than the right one.

top topics

join