It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Slovenia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I just came across this so i decided to share with you and get your opinion about this clip. The clip is taken from slovenian news

www.youtube.com...

The speaker says that people has heard and seen some unknown flying objects, and that in those parts in which UFO "has been seen" the electricity supply has been discontinued for that time, and also, that other electrical devices like cellphones and such stuff had stopped working...except the statement of one witness and those footage there has been no other confirmation or denial

Opinions?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think it looks pretty authentic to be honest.....

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharklo

I have heard about that also (about the UFO and the blackouts - which are a pretty rare occurrence, at least on such a scale).

Are the authors having the clip examined?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Okay, from no on i am going to stop clicking on threads with the word ''UFO+Video''.
Just stop. No seriously stop making this crap!
First footage is so conveniently short and shot from the wrong angle.
Second bit is just Kitt from Night Rider having a close-up.
No offense to the OP, good job for finding it. ill give you a star for that.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
longer clip

seems fake to me, you can see it skip in the first few seconds. it doesn't match the camera shaking.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It looks like it's been edited in, and it's so short. I don't think it's real.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It may be edited or even fake, for all I know - but it's the (documented) power outages and malfunctioning of electronic devices at the time of the purported sighting what interests me...
I heard it from people who are above doubt - people who do not make up silly stories.
And it's not like such outages are an everyday or even common event.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Looks like a blimp side on edited into the sky.
I may be wrong but thats my thought.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by immortal pagan]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The first shot of the object looks fake to me. You can see it slant to the left a little, almost like someone has it an a string and jerked their hand or something. Thanks for sharing though.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharklo

OP, I think you should edit your original post to include more information about the purported power outages and electronic malfunctioning.
I think people are missing that part, which I think IS, in fact, rather interesting.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Humm, how could they film it if the electronic devices stopped working?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Radiobuzz

That's precisely why the footage of the "sighting" is so short, I am told.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm from Slovenia. Here there has been 3 sightings on October 14. Also the capitol city of our country had power failure or blackout. My opinion is that this footage is fake.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dmytro
I'm from Slovenia. Here there has been 3 sightings on October 14. Also the capitol city of our country had power failure or blackout. My opinion is that this footage is fake.

That's what I am saying, Dmytro - regardless of this video, those power outages are rather interesting, aren't they?

Have they been explained?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yes Vanitas apparently there has been "error on the main line". That was the official report. Did anyone heard about the strange thing which happened in Serbia also on 14. of October?

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Dmytro]

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Dmytro]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dmytro

"Error on the main line"?
What does that mean?

And yes, I've heard about the one in Serbia; I think I saw a thread somewhere here on ATS.

I have also received reports form other countries, but I would like to see how the investigation (I hope there is one in every individual case!) goes, before posting anything.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Here by us I doubt that is a investigation. Anyway, error on the main line means that was an error on the main cables or something like that....

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yeah you can see it jumping up and down and not matching with the way the camera is shaking...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Again some very curious debunks.

"You can see it jumping up and down"

Have any of you ever watched anything landing or in slow motion flight? The jumps in the film are minimal and anything landing using a decreased thrust method DOES jerk slightly during descent, a perfect fluid stable landing in slow motion is impossible for any craft that I know of.

Rate of descent is not perfect it does have skips and jumps.

"filmed from the wrong angle"

Ok, so next time you see a UFO you could contact it and ask it to hold position while you get a better shot? A snap shot is likely to be filmed from a less than ideal position.

If you faked a shot like that wouldnt it be far more obviously easy to place the object in a perfect angle and using digital movement create a perfect linear descent? I pretty much think thats obvious. Any form of digital editing doesnt have the inconveniences that a real footage shot would have, the descent WOULD be flawless and the shot would be easy to make perfect.

Im not saying it is real but once again im coming back to debunking based on completely flawed reasoning.

Its descent seems to be a drift downwards, bear in mind you would have to take wind into consideration and whats actually keeping the object airborne I very much doubt even advanced technology would give you a perfect smooth descent because there are too many factors to offset to achieve it.

Id say the footage is real but the object is probably something more mundane although im not sure what. Seems to be gliding downwards and with a clip so short it conveniently looks like a UFO.

Its probably some kind of kite or baloon or something like that.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Its probably some kind of kite or baloon or something like that.

Wouldn't the people notice the difference?

Keep in mind it's not some wilderness cut-off from the world.
And according to the person who told me about this particular incident - a paraglider -, in this particular region of the country mundane flying objects - hot air balloons, crafts used by paragliders, small aircrafts, etc. - are anything but unusual.

I have my doubts about the video, but I would certainly love to hear about the findings of a proper analysis of the image.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join