It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnome caught on video in south america

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I believe in some Central/South American cultures, Gnomes are evil and can seriously harm you physically and magically.

I personally know several people (and kids) that are terrified of them because what has been passed on by their grandmas, etc.

You have to realize that these cultures are a very extremely superstitious people.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mae_thoranee

That was the big red flag for me as well. "Hey, let's go out and dance in the street, fellas!" "Yeah! We haven't done that in a LONG time!" Weeeeeeeeeee!

I think they set the stage, and makes me suspicious that they know exactly what the "creature" is...... maybe one of their younger brothers/sisters made up in costume.

I was semi-interested in this story until now. While there's not enough evidence (for me) to declare this a hoax, it surely do begin to smell.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I have had a look on google to see if I can find out anymore information on this but it appears that any website that talks about it just takes the information from the suns website. Lame.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I found another video about the wee guy. Some railway workers at...ahem...work??
It does not look so staged as the other one. What do you think about it?

more wee guys...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
...and if you google after duende or guemes you'll find many more. Most of them seem to have the same patern they all finish up with a big scream at the point where it is getting interesting. Some of them I would call a hoax, but the one with the railwayworkers..hmmm...I m not so sure

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I do not have much of a comment about the video or the others that I linked to on You Tube. But what I do know is that me and one of my son's friends saw something that we believe was a gnome.

At the time of the event we lived rural and we also have a gas station in our rural neighbourhood that has a monument to Gnomes that is 3 storeys high. After our sighting, I approached the granddaughter of the man who built this 3 storey Gnome and asked her why her grandfather built the giant Gnome. Her comment was just because. I point blank asked her if he built it because he believed there were Gnomes in this area and she laughed and said of course not. I never told her what we saw.

I have to tell you that I believe that gnomes do exist in the area that I lived and thus I have the belief in the presence of such creatures on this earth. Sometimes we as a family would talk about such creatures existing in our neighbourhood and we would fantasize about seeing one. I did not fear the Gnomes and I even mentally projected to the Gnomes that I believed resided in the forest that they were welcome to take anything from my garden. The night we saw a creature in the dark was a calm warm summer evening and we often sat in the garden with lit candles. I had 12 small candles burning on the garden table and we went into the house for refreshments and never came back outside. When I looked out the window into the garden I realized that we had not blown out the candles so I asked my young friend to go into the garden and blow out the candles. I stood on the upper deck and gazed at the candles in the blackness. The candles where quite striking in the blackness. As my young friend approached the table we both heard the thumping of what sounded like running. The next thing we saw and heard was the large sideways growing tree aggressively move as if something was climbing up it very fast. We also heard the sounds of foot stomping up the tree. From the deck I could see that this sideways growing tree was swaying back and forth as if it had something in the upper branches. My young friend was startled and I could tell that he was fearful. We both stood and looked at the tree, but in the blackness we could not see anything identifiable. I never took my eyes off the tree for about 1/2 hour. In that half hour we could see the tree move but could not see what caused the tree to move. None of the other trees were swaying and there was no wind that night.

My young friend was noticeably shaken up...fear of the unknown...Me I was so excited and not fearful as I do believe that we co-exist on this planet with other humanoids. I find all this quite fascinating.

Thanks for stimulating a cool memory I have of what I believe to be our Gnome encounter.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcanadian2

No worries mate, thanks for your story very fascinating.

Just out of interest did you see the creature running along the ground or was it just up the tree? If you did see it running along the ground was it anything like the one in the video or any kind of distinctive way?

Thanks again

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by farther84

No we did not have an image only sounds and I have to tell you what we heard was invisible. I followed the sounds with my eyes and it was as if the creature was invisible. After this encounter I did some research on Gnomes and it was reported that they can appear invisible to people if they are frightened. I actually got an image in my minds eye that this creature was more frightened of us....I am unique in my ability to pick up images from people telepathically..I think I was picking up on fear from this creature.

The way the tree was moving and the sounds that accompanied the running up the tree was indicative of a creature that had some apparent weight and if I were to guess the size I would say that it was of about the same size and weight of the image in the video.

I saw this as yet another magical moment in my life...and I have had many in my 53 years of life.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mae_thoranee

Interesting stuff!
Heres yet another freaky gnome video from South America -apparently the little buggers are all over the place!
(if anything,this video is darkly amusing)
www.metacafe.com...

On a serious note it is interesting how in ancient Irish folklore,there are accounts of 'pixies' and 'goblins' kidnapping people and taking them to 'castles in the sky' ~ an interesting take on the modern day UFO abduction scenario.
Cheers Karl

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Yep the football one. What a brave gnome
...He was in that corner all the time. I was wondering , why they did not noticed him before.

I guess once they were everywhere. Here in Cologne we had this wee' s as well...looong time ago. The Heinzelmännchen they were called. But they were not evil and never showed up in front of the people. They sneaked into the house at night and helped them with their works.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcanadian2
After this encounter I did some research on Gnomes and it was reported that they...

Who was this reported by? People doing Shrooms? I just find the notion of Gnomes and research a little suspect.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by farther84

Looks real to me as I have also seen someone similar, what I do not understand is why people always seem to see beings of other look as creepy or bad. I guess this is one of the reasons why we are not ready for disclosure.

Fear and conditioning's will limit us until we are ready to live true to our original faces and when telepathy is desired because we no longer live behind the mirror of truth and start thinking more transparently in a non threatening way. Judgements are always fear based of the unknown.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It has to be.

Quick..hide your Lucky charms..t be sure,t be sure.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I don't see anything particularly odd about teenagers dancing in the street at night.

Haven't any of you ever been young, hanging out with friends late at night, bored out of your mind?

I remember more than a few times as a teenager hanging out when we would go out on my friends patio late at night and put on some music and dance together. We never saw any gnomes, however.

I do think the video from the op looks like it could be a dog dressed up in something, though.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Did it have a light saber?

Yoda LIVES

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
HAHA, that video is so trippy. I don't think I would have stood there like they did and video taped it. Even for that short amount of time. I usually look at it, register it as unknown, then run

Nice find. I enjoyed the video and article. Star and Flag for you

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This video is confirmed a hoax. The title of the thread should be edited.

Here are the two different videos:

The flashlight is the smoking gun.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Reddupo]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ok I admit that video was obviously a hoax however I seriously doubt the op put this up as a hoax, just saying.

Still, keep an open mind folks life is not always what you think.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
The Sun! The only newspaper you can wipe your backside with and you'll end up with more s**t on your arse than you started with. I wouldn't believe anything that appears in this rag. ..

L M A O!! star for making me change my pants.

Agreed, The Sun is a pile of w!*k, but this story is facsinating, it didn't look like a dog to me, as someone has said, it looks like a chimp, the way it moves, runnning diagnally forwards, defo seemed like 2 legs to me, but hey, could've missed it.

And as for 4 teens ball room dancing on a highway?!? I'll be honest, If I hadn't seen the vid, Id've thought they were tripping balls of crystal meth.

EMM

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join