It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnome caught on video in south america

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Gnome caught on video in south america

www.thesun.co.uk

A NEW sighting of South America’s ‘creepy gnome’ has caused panic among locals after a group of youngsters claimed a ‘midget monster’ ran towards them at night.
The teens – who recorded footage of the freaky being on their mobile phone – said they are now “too terrified” to go out at night.

Experts who examined the latest footage, taken in the town of Clodomira, province of Santiago del Estero, Argentina, last week, say it is ‘credible’.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It is hard to make out the shape in the video but there is a zoomed picture which is fairly convincing. It was taken on a mobile phone so the quality isn't that great.

Goodness knows why people are just randomly dancing in the street in the first place.

Any experts in video editing that could voice an opinion?

Real or fake? you decide.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
He's back!!

I know it would be a bit freaky but why would you run away? There was at least 5 people there, the street is well lit and well...it is just a gnome

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Could be a midget? Besides can we really trust anything from "The Sun"?

Too blury to make it out, but id say a midget dressed in black? Even though the video is blury i didn't see anything that is supposed to resemble a Gnome...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
IMO it is a dog. You can hear it barking in the video.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by AlBeMet]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
True, you could just kick it

But seriously who would be scared and not intrigued by it?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The large picture at the top of the page looks more humanoid than any animal (unfortunately it wouldn't let me copy the picture).

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
In my opinion, that definitely does look like a dog. I'm not too sure whether the barking is coming from whatever that 'thing' is, but the still shot up the top definitely looks like a dog, 3 legs visible, tail, ears.

Even the way it runs across the road, seems like a dog to me.

My 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by farther84

Agreed, if i saw a gnome running down the street, id try and catch that little sucker

Besides, whats a gnome doing it a suburban street

Here are some quick pointers:

Gnomes consist of a number of different types. The most common is the Forest Gnome who rarely comes into contact with man. The Garden Gnome lives in old gardens and enjoys telling melancoly tales. Dune Gnomes are slightly larger than their woodland breathren and choose remarkably drab clothing. House Gnomes have the most knowledge of man, often speaking his language. It is from this family that Gnome Kings are chosen. Farm Gnomes resemble their House brethen, but are more conservative in manner and dress. Siberian Gnomes have been more interbred than other Gnomes and associate freely with trolls. They are much larger than the other types and have an infinately more nasty nature. It is best never to evoke the ire of such Gnomes for they delight in revenge.

Description : Gnomes are usually an average of 15 centimeters tall, but with its cap on it appears much taller. Their feet are somewhat pigeon toed which gives them an extra edge on speed and agility through the wood and grass. The males weigh 300 grams, and female is 250-275 grams.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Looked like a mini Gorilla so it was probably a monkey, still not too sure why one would need to be hospitalised afterwards

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The original was one of my favourite stories of the last year. I was hoping it - whether an actual creature or a hoax - would come back.

If it is a hoax, I really hope those responsible don't milk it too much.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
its an old story

turned out there were several different versions of the video meaning several different takes of the action

the gnome turned out to be a puppet of some sort but the video is deffinatley creepy

oooo i stand corrected new footage woohoo and they managed to make it walk forward this time not sideways ^_^

it ran across the road then travled diagonally into the bush/tree cover ... how the hell is that running at them?

[edit on 16/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Four teens and they were supposedly scared of a two foot "gnome"? I have to agree with the other poster, if it was real that thing would have gotten stopped and my name would be in the headlines the next day. Looks like a fake, possibly an animal or some sort of puppet.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

“This little thing was barking like a dog - but running sideways on two legs. It headed off towards the football stadium.”

Two legged dogs can run...
Just saying...

It's worth a look at this video... *Faith* is pretty a pretty cool dog...

*Faith* the 2 Legged Dog Running like a nutter!

[edit on 16-10-2008 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
What makes me wonder more than that supp. gnome, is the fact of 4 fox trotting teens.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by mae_thoranee]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
thats hilarious. lol. reminds me of the gnome in the travelocity commercials.

it looks convincing besides the quality but theres not enough evidence to prove it though so i guess it will be on the fringe between real and fake and nothing more. one things for sure. it dont look nothing like a dog.

[edit on 10/16/2008 by Bean328]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

True they can.

Sorry I can't open you tube videos while I'm at work. Does the dog run sideways or forwards on two legs, because I thought dogs can only walk forwards (not sideways) and the "creature" seems to be going sideways in the video.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

To me, it runs more like a chicken

but is most probably a dog they've dressed up in something, poor thing

Agree with the poster above re: four dancing teenagers .. I think it was all a set-up as an excuse to 'suddenly' see and begin photographing the dog-chicken

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The Sun! The only newspaper you can wipe your backside with and you'll end up with more s**t on your arse than you started with. I wouldn't believe anything that appears in this rag. ..

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
He's back!!

I know it would be a bit freaky but why would you run away? There was at least 5 people there, the street is well lit and well...it is just a gnome

You ever see the movie leprechaun? gnome or not, they can cause some damage, and flip a truckwith a go cart.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join