It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government unveils 'Big Brother' plan: Now they want to snoop on every phone call, email and text

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

I think the following is apporpriate:

"One meets his destiny often on the road he takes to avoid it." –French Proverb

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

I may get censored for this, but your proverb struck another quote - this was my dad's motto, even if off tangent. Please excuse or delete if needed.
Dare Greatly
It is not the critic who counts; nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again because there is no effort without error and shortcomings; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best knows in the end, the triumph of high achievement; and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

~ Theodore Roosevelt (1858–1919)

I believe this reflects negitively on a majority of our politicians and government officials serving office today. Some, few, actually follow TR's words.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
NJ2DAY - THANK YOU

This is the reason I come here. The link to the post indicated it wasn't available...thanks again.

CJ

Sorry bout that... I did post it... but the mods thought maybe it would be best left off the forums...

if you are still interested, U2U me, and I'll send you some links...

sorry again... and sorry mods
I was only trying to help

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The Governments are pushing it to far.

I't looks like they are asking to be thrown out.

I don't accept them invading my privacy, nor does it seem right for me to invade anyone else's privacy on texts and email

I'm telling you a revolution is coming. The master puppeteers are failing already I can see it. They are losing control and this is a sign for them to take back control

"You cannot hold a river back all the time, it will break out eventually"

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Actually, all phone data is VOIP now. its just that some areas switch to analog the last mile. Thats because its cost prohibitive to run the new lines to farmer joe 6 miles down the road.

VOIP utilizes the IP protocol for communications, I.E. tcp/ip. IF you do a google search for packet sniffers you'll find ALL KINDS of TCP/IP sniffers.

These are made by individuals and organizations that only make a couple million. DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT THE GOVERNMENT HASN'T DUMPED 100 million into this?

My opinion, is that they have the capability, have had it for a while, and are most likely using it sparingly. You put some major databases where the internet nodes are, hooked directly into the backbone, and you know what, they would be able to actively monitor data.

just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe
The Governments are pushing it to far.

I't looks like they are asking to be thrown out.

your right they do but they want us to think it was our idea to bring in a world government

I don't accept them invading my privacy, nor does it seem right for me to invade anyone else's privacy on texts and email

they've been doing it for years, i remember reading about a supercomputer monitoring the phone lines for trigger words when i was a teenager, and we've come a long scary way since then.

I'm telling you a revolution is coming. The master puppeteers are failing already I can see it. They are losing control and this is a sign for them to take back control

"You cannot hold a river back all the time, it will break out eventually"

you cant hold it back, but you can divert it to somewhere it wont do no harm.

excuse the editing above got confused in how to quote one line at a time the bold words are mine.

[edit on 17/10/2008 by whoswatchinwho]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join