It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this whole mess by design, or is life just simply, a ride?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Please read my whole post before making replies. Intelligent discussion welcomed

Little Background: Most of my later life I have always had been lead by what I call a 'concentrated feeling' meaning its not just a random feeling I get, this feeling seems to be my predominant feeling. Some may call this intuition. Now during my life, excluding the death of grandparents (they all go sometime) I have had several immediate family members die is seemingly 'random' ways, all tragic, and all WAY before their time, my brother being the worst, at 16 years old in a car accident. This has really been the unlucky side of my life.

But, on the other hand, I grew up in a above average, middle class, single parent family. Another death, was my father when I was five. But despite being an only mother, she provided well for me and my siblings and grew up without ever being deprived, for example before the age of sixteen my mom gave me the opportunity to travel to england, france, germany, australia, mexico, western states, and western canada.

It was at the age of 16 when I started to really get a grasp on life, my eyes opened to the world around me and its been almost 10 years and I feel like im a world away from where I was. At my age now (mid 20's) most people would consider me and extremely lucky person for my age, I have done well in business, lots of assets, generally doing 'good' with life. Although I attribute some of this success to 'above average' intelligence, but if I look back on those years of going up the ladder to 'materialistic success' it appears things weren't random, and in fact things sort of 'fell into place'.

I believe, that coincidences are an extreme rarity. Yet while I believe that, I look back on the last decade and the odds of the series of events that let me to today would appear so random that it just shouldn't add up to where I am now. What I mean here, is that it has NEVER mattered what I wanted in life, all I had to was want it. As long as I always had it in the back of mind, and keep in mind it didn't matter what 'it' was, be it a car, a house, a job, a girl etc I cannot think of 1 thing especially in the last decade that I have wanted and not gotten. Over the years I developed my own theory that if your mind truly wants something, and it's focused, that object is drawn to you as you walk down your path of life. I don't know if any of you feel that way, but for me thats just how it's always been. Don't get me wrong, everything I achieved took dedication, and hard work BUT alot of the things I accomplished, especially before I was even twenty, just don't happen to most people. But as I said, for the most part I don't feel this has anything special to do with me, rather the roll of the dice in my life has always worked out great (other than family dying).

Now the discussion I want to have with ATS members is do you guys feel that your being drawn down a path in life that seems not to be random, but instead some sort of design? Does it seem like 'accidents' in your life, like an unlikely meeting, or an unlikely awakening to certain knowledge just did not seem to be a 'coincidence'.

I have had multiple dreams over my life that have come true, the most striking one, a few months before my cousin died I had two dreams about driving his truck. I had never driven it, nor been in it, in fact I had only seen it twice. After his death, my family decided that I was the one that should get the truck, and it was suddenly given to me.

Now I don't claim to be one bit to be psychic, or anything of that nature because I have a hard time believing in things that I can't prove and this has happened so seldomly in my life that if I am a psychic I am terrible one! But the point I am trying to make is, what is the odds of that happening? And it seems that the more you look at the 'odds' of events taking place the more it seems to be less random.

Another phenomenon I am sure you guys have experienced happens like this, you have a friend in life, and for whatever reason you haven't seen or talked to that person for a long time lets say a month or two. Then one day your driving (making food, or at work etc) and suddenly you think of that person out of no where. You don't know why, nothing has reminded you of them and it seems that person has simply 'popped' into your head. Then within the next 24hours, which is generous, cause most times I experience this it happens much quicker. But in a short period of time, that person suddenly contacts you 'randomly' or you 'randomly' run into them out in public. What are the odds?

Another phenomenon, Dejavu, some people believe that a certain sensory reaction brings up a memory - or something to that effect. Here's the problem, as I became aware of dejavu the more I attempted to predict the outcome of the event as I realized I was experiencing it. Now consistently I can always predict the next event thats about to happen, just as I am sure most of you do the same as if you just some how KNEW. But what are the odds?

What this all comes back to here, is my believe in an external force that seems to guide me (and I assume the rest of you) down a certain path of life for a certain reason. Death taught me that life happens for a reason, for if it *could* have been any other way it *would* have been, but it quite simply couldn't. Are we all truly connected and 'one'? Is there a way of tapping into your 'intuition' to benefit your life or perhaps even see or predict your future?

Im really excited to hear about your guys experiences and what your opinions are about my 'theory's'.

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park, when you choose to go on it you think its real, cause that's how powerful our minds are, and the ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and its very brightly colored and its very loud. And it's fun for awhile, some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question 'is this real, or is this just a ride?'. And other people have remembered asnd they come back to us, and they say 'hey don't worry, dont be afraid, ever, because it's just a ride'. And we kill those people. Shut him up, we have alot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, my big bank acccount, my family, this has to be real. But we always kill those people that try and tell us that, and let the demons run a muck. But it doesn't matter cause its all a ride." - Bill Hicks

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Here's a clip of Bill Hicks, at the end of is where the quote comes from. I watch this clip all the time, rare to get so much truth in such a way.

I don't believe in coincidences too much. I am more about synchronicity. I gained so much knowledge and reassurances on things due to synchronicity during my "awakening" that it was really mind blowing. I would think about something, or ask myself a question and I would think of an answer, and then shortly after I would see my thoughts and things presented back to me in completely "random" events.

The universe is but a ride, I have no doubt about that. I think the real question is what determines what direction the tracks run. The universe is static, consciousness just moves through it in a way that provides the illusion/ride we see. We see it as linear timeline because we only see our own path through the ride.

By posting this thread, you've changed the direction in your ride. If you decide to go rob a bank tomorrow, you're ride is probably going to go through jail.

And then you have forces which try to control the direction the tracks move in. And if you give them that control, you have no say in where those tracks lead. You can hope for good, but you aren't guaranteed it. The problem, as the matrix movie says is - choice.

But to get the tracks to move in a direction, you must first see the path. If you want a drink out of your fridge, you will figure out a path to get to your fridge. If you can't figure out a path to your fridge, you can't get there. Well it's also like that on a bigger scale. If you go around killing, doing bad things, screwing people over and destroying things, where do you think those tracks will lead? The ends don't justify the means, the means(path) determine the ends(destination). But you can always choose to change your path. You might have to pass back through your previous choices and deal with them, but the path is there.

In other words, be the change you want to see to get to the place you want to be. So many people see the evil in this world, and then they think that by killing/removing that evil they are ridding the world of it. When in actuality, as a result of their actions they have merely replaced the evil and become it themselves. Organized religion for example takes good actions, wraps them up in symbolism and then gets people to do the exact opposite in actions(war, judgment, destruction, etc). But then people see that evil, and they become "against" it. In the process, they also focus on the symbolism and as a result commit some of the same actions in the process, and unknowingly push down the good actions. Which is of course another form of control, and done to keep people from seeing the true path that will get them where they want to go.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

New respect for you BadMedia, glad we came together on this one.
I agree with alot of what you have said.

Your totally right, it does come down to choice and I guess for some people that end up on the wrong path, they likely did not follow their intuition towards causes that will better their life.

Another thing that I have proven to myself on many occasions and it can be summed up in a few words "If you say you cant, then you never will, if you say you can, then you probably will"

Basically, I guarantee every person who reads this post knows that one person (or more like my case) that is just always, bitchin and moanin. Always complaining about everything, and sure enough it seems to be them with the short end of the stick allll the time. Yet other people, who simply by changing their vocabulary to I can, and things do go right, and things will go right for me, are incredibly luckier in the game of short stick.

What I guess I am saying is that, the way you perceive the world, and how you approach the world has a stunning effect on what paths you go down in life. Those who are unable to accept that fact, and don't believe in themselves, will never make anywhere. and I am not just talking about socially, but also emotionally, and spirituality.

new topics

join