It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How private are U2Us?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The T&C has this covered:

2f.) Private Messages: You will not use the private messaging system (U2U) to send mass messages to multiple member accounts. All private messages are subject to these terms and conditions, violations will result in immediate account termination. You also agree that "U2Us" (Private Messages) are confidential. You will not post or publically display U2Us received from ATS staff or other members, in any way, without the written permission of the author.

ATS takes the privacy of its members seriously.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Good thread. A friend of mine recently told me that one of his pms here had been modified (partly censored) so really it says it all.

If you got something to say, might as well say it in public, it attracts less attention!!!

Mind you, I even wonder if EMAILS are not read. BigBrotherUSA probably use taxpayers money to pay a lot of staff to watch the rest of the world, if they get caught they'll say it was only safe anti-terrorism precaution!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thanks intrepid.
This excerpt does not suggest 'active monitoring' which is part of my queston, and as others have stated active monitoring does not go on....with out good reason...but as MarsFanMag said

Good thread.

No not this bit, although I felt it was worth repeating.....

This bit...

A friend of mine recently told me that one of his pms here had been modified (partly censored) so really it says it all.

This gets me wondering...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I think that in one of the u2u-related threads it was explained that the u2u's go through the same obscenity filter that our posts do. So if it was a "naughty" word that got changed, that could explain it.

Or maybe I'm hallucinating that memory.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
All U2U's are intercepted by the computer mainframe in my super-duper volcano lair.

<< 1   >>

join