It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 3rd Party Pledge, and other great 3rd party info...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I know a lot of people on ATS are not fans of either major candidate, but I was wondering how many of you are really gonna make commitment and vote 3rd party?

All 4 of the most popular 3rd party candidates have agreed on 4 positions that they have in common that are not being addressed by the Dem's or the Rep's.

• bring the U.S. troops home
  • investigate the federal reserve
  • balance the budget
  • restore our civil liberties

If you'd like to hear more discussion on these and other topics, the third parties will be having their own debate on October 19th. This debate will be accompanied by a money bomb event as well.
Information can be found on this website, along with a video from Ron Paul stressing the importance of third parties.

So how many of my ATS brothers and sisters are planning voting 3rd party?
Do you care about the debates?
And how important do you think it is for a candidate in this election to take the four positions listed above? or at least address them?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

I'll take the pledge.

I honestly think the republicans are trying to lose this election. McCain/Palin?
I do like some thing about Obama despite all his "uh-uh's." But I've become quite alarmed with the growing ignorance on both sides of the political aisle. We have become cheerleaders for two candidates which aren't very dissimilar in the big picture. Our bumper sticker culture is going too far and I think (at the very least), a 3rd party would cause citizens to pay more attention to political issues and current events.

All 4 of the most popular 3rd party candidates have agreed on 4 positions that they have in common that are not being addressed by the Dem's or the Rep's.

Yes, although I'm not sure we don't stick it out in afghanistan more.. We are already there and that Pakistani scientist was supposedly giving away nuclear secrets to bad people. Those two countries need to be addressed more than Iraq.

Yada yada.... anyways I'm in for one main reason. I'm voting Kucinich because the guy has seen a UFO. We need to look more closely into this mysterious phenomenon. I believe it could be important.

"When you look at this handful of [UFO] cases that cannot be easily dismissed, this is worthy of scientific investigation. Maybe there's nothing there. However, on that off chance that there is something there, that could literally change the course of human history. So I say let this investigation begin."

-Michio Kaku

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

You can't take the third party pledge and then vote for a Dem!
That doesn't make any sense.

And just to scare out the last little bit of trust that you may have left in Obama check out the second video on this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I am registered Libertarian.

I am undecided on Ron Paul or Obama at the moment.

I think just adding another number to those that are registered in a third party does something for it in of itself. I could be mistaken.

**Edit to add: It's not my fault they picked Bob Barr! bleah.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I can pencil in whoever I want! Kucinich isn't a dem anyways. He's more like Nadar in sheep's clothing.

Ok I'll vote Nadar since he's good friends with Kucinich (who's seen a UFO). Happy now?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I will take the pledge.

I am voting for Nader.

And you should, too.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So Nader's winning the poll so far. Didn't see that comin'. It's great to see people still support him after the bad name democrats gave him after 2000. Let's face it, Ralph has done more for your average consumer, than either of the 2 main party candidates.

Lucid Lunacy,

I think it's cool that you're registered. I'm not registered to any party, but I do plan on voting third party, as I think this is how you really get heard. It's great if Libertarians can say "our numbers are such such strong etc etc"...but if it's members are just gonna buy into the lesser of 2 evils BS then what's it matter? I was considering writing in Ron paul as well, but I believe he himself was against that idea; and yeah Scramjet, Lucid or I writing in Ron Paul is just as bad as you picking Kucinich. So I guess you can still take the third party pledge and vote for either of those guys since they have a lot in common with the 3rd parties in many ways.

One thing that none of you have addressed yet are those 4 positions in common that those four parties have? Does anyone think the fact that McCain and Obama won't touch those issues is enough to NOT vote for them?

-Liquid

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I believe Ron Paul has endorsed Chuck Baldwin for this year's election. Mr. Baldwin will get my vote come November 4th.

www.baldwin08.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Oh, I will be voting 3rd party. Did it before, will gladly do it again.
This two-party fixation in the US needs to go the way of the dinosaur.

Cynthia McKinney - Green Party
Former Democrat. As a Democrat, she kicked a## on the floor of congress, standing up multiple times against the GWB anti-American anti-freedom steamroller of the past 8 years. I like people who dare to speak up and be radical - keeps this country's spirit alive. And I like the Green Party's platform.

So, if you're a more radical constitutional liberal Green type, check her out if you haven't heard.

And if you're radically constitutional in civil matters and state's rights, yet more economically conservative in a free-market sort of way, check out the Libertarian Party.

Look 'em up, check 'em out and go vote, for whatever it's worth.
We do have choices, and no vote is any more a throwaway than your conscience is.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by b4christ15

I believe Ron Paul has endorsed Chuck Baldwin for this year's election. Mr. Baldwin will get my vote come November 4th.

As much as I like Paul's agenda in regards to:

*bring the U.S. troops home
*investigate the federal reserve
*balance the budget
*restore our civil liberties

I take issue with him on other things....

The pre-born child, whose life begins at fertilization, is a human being created in God's image. The first duty of the law is to prevent the shedding of innocent blood. It is, therefore, the duty of all civil governments, and that certainly includes the office of the President of the United States, to secure and to safeguard the lives of the pre-born. I affirm the God-given legal person hood of all unborn human beings, without exception.

baldwin08.com

I'm not trying to turn this thread into another abortion debate. But personally my (ex) girlfriend and I had an abortion when we were 21-22ish. It has been 10 years since then. I'm now 32, and my girlfriend is a 22 year old bio-chem major who has great intellectual and athletic genes. My finances are great and I enjoy tons of freedom to pal around with my friends, post on ATS, get to know myself better as a person, yada yada yada.... the bottom line is..... I am free. Not married, no kids. I love my life and I could never vote for someone who would deny me that privilege all in the name of "God." I see no definite proof of God's existence or that such a being would care about a clump of cells. However, I do have proof that my life is great. If the lives of others have been enriched by choosing to have their unexpected pregnancies, then I am happy for them. To each their own.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
While the abortion issue seems to really be holding back some of Libertarian movement, I think it's an issue that's secondary given the other problems that our country is facing. I think most candidates realize this, and don't place abortion at the head of their campaign. Further more, anyone who attempts to make it illegal it will run into numerous problems politically. My guess would be that Libertarians, if they made any attempt to outlaw it, would make it a state by state issue, as it probably should be.

But enough about that, lets try and stay on topic here. Remember these four parties aren't running on an outlaw abortion campaign.....they are bringing to light 4 far more important issues and focusing on that. Perhaps those 4 issues are secondary to much of the public, which I guess is part of what I'm tryin to figure out from this thread. I'd hate to think that getting out of iraq, balancing the budget, restoring civil liberties, and investigating the fed reserve are less important than abortion to the average voter.

new topics

top topics

join