It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance in America *A Must See*

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertnesta
im wondering, just speculating, flow with me for a second,

there are all this intense nutcasses, who would probably cheer if they heard he had been killed,

if he win do you think these people will just sit by silently and surpress all these hardcore angry feeling that have been drawn out of them. Now iv heard many ideas of an upcoming civil war, could it be the niave idot christian redneck retards vs. the rest of us?

either way these people make me embarrassed to be an american

When you resort to name calling and sterotyping people as "naieve idiot christian redneck retards" you put yourself in the very same class of people you are trying to discredit. You disgust me.

It can be said that the majority of people in the country are "retards".
Because of the education system and censorship and propaganda.
Retard means "to hold back, or slow down".

I consider myself to be a "redneck". Although I'm sure that I am far from what you consider to be a "redneck". It is apparent that you equate "redneck" with anyone who harbors a negative view on any "minority" for any reason whatsoever.

You people seriously need to stop using the term "redneck". There are several demographics of people who call themselves rednecks while the different demographics have very little in common. At the same time, there are people like yourself who use the term and while maybe it is a fitting term in your mind... it is an insult to the majority of "rednecks". Just as a black person would be insulted if a white person said all blacks are "retarded 'n-word's". Or if someone said all muslims are terrorists.

Unfortunately the definition of redneck depends on the person using the word, in no small part due to its use by folks such as you.

Christian. I don't even understand why you throw Christians in with the rest of your stereotypes. It is a religion the same as any other such as Muslim and others. You seem to insinuate that all Christians are somehow anti-Obama, anti-black skinned American, and anti-muslim.

As far as naieve and idiot, well you maybe correct in those assumptions as it pertains to the people in the video.

You are obviously the same types of person as those you are talking about. It is only that you have an opposite view.

Who exactly is "the rest of us" that you refer to?

I can tell you now that I won't be on either side.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
HILARIOUS video.

Usually i am sickened by such outright stupidity and ignorance, and some of those people were the absolute Personification of ignorance. BUt what can i do other than laugh? i dont need to dedicate stress in my life towards getting upset that these people are so easily led around by a leash tied tight around their brains... these people interviewed are going on about evil terrorist this, muslim takeover that, but they are talking to AL FRIKIN JAZEERA.
im sure if any of those people understood who they were speaking with on camera they would have turned against the newscasters. any surprise al jazeera sent their whitest reporter?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I remember my brother telling me when he went to the walmart in Seguin, TX. He told me it was odd to see all those white people walking around. After that visit, he called that place and surrounding county "a reservation for white people." I started to laugh and understood him. You see he wasn't racist, he was tired of the asses he had to deal with in San Antonio. They just happen to be of color, and racist towards my brother.
It is sad that alot of the miniorities in this country have a hatred attitude. And the white people, thinking that they are nice, get a return of hate back. Talk about karma.
Now for these people in this video, what can I say but to understand that they think that if you aren't a Christian, and don't believe in Evolution, your ok. But I believe if this Sara Palin was black, the hatred wouldn't be shown because she is a christian.
I say let them be ignorant, for they will keep to themselves and ignore other media.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741
"I believe he is either a sheep or a wolf in sheep's clothing."

Ahhh, the brains just ache at the sound of that much stupidty being allowed to speak in public.

He was trying to say that Obama was a wolf in sheep's clothing but said sheep by mistake and corrected himself. He didn't say OR in that sentence, but of course you're going to twist it to make it sound like he did.

For the record, I don't agree with the majority of these people in the video - they are uninformed as to the facts. I do agree they should be fearing Obama for president, but on the issues. These people are fearing him for the wrong reasons.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Bingo, we have a winner!! Glad someone else sees what is going on. All the posts on here debating this and that, this is the real story. This is like a manual of how to incite a nation. It is an old tactic but I guess it still works "Divide and conquer". Plus throw on a financial crisis every 10-15 mins, your 401K is going to zero your kids won't go to college, you will be working for the Chinese, aliens are coming, the ice is melting blah, blah, blah. Civil unrest is just around the corner. Oh and how about we create a new currency, no one will even question it, they will welcome it at this point. All I can say is the puppet master must be very pleased with how well they can control millions of people.

Sarah Palin makes on statement about Obama being buddies with a Domestic Terrorist and now Obama is a muslim terrorist. Were is the easy button, one rally and perception changed. I actually think sheep are getting their feelings hurt by us being compared to them, I think sheep might not be this dumb.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leviatano
*bangs his head against the wall*

Even in the year 2008 to 2009 we are still going through this? Man it is not a good time for me to be black (rather mixed) right now. Only thing that concerns me is what if a Hispanic ran for white house office, would the same ignorance show up? Perhaps some people haven't moved away from this type of ignorance against race. Seems more like they just suppressed it/hid it until something monumental comes up...

Btw. I'm in Ohio to, though I haven't heard much of anything like this around where I live or at my college campus so suppose I'm lucky.

[edit]
I see why now most seem to be christian in nature, so that would explain it...
*Starts to pack his bags to get out of this state* You know I have no problem with any faith, but some of the things these people have said especially being that it's in Ohio. I just don't want to live here anymore..

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Leviatano]

no worries, not everyone in ohio are as ignorant,racist, and uneducated as the people in the video. i am pretty sure the footage was from when palin was in wilmington---very small rural towns. Most states have little towns like that. Ohio isn't such a bad place; and students especially have an open mind! and we are all going to vote and and demonstrate our open mind; that is, unless it has been brainwashed by republican parents

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Most mccain/palin supporters, if they are not extremely rich, are either:

Your statement and list of categories that you claim McCain/Palin supporters fall under is just as ignorant, if not MORE so, than the statementes made in the video.

I find it incredibly ironic that in a forum where people are constantly begging others to question everything, they suddenly beg others to STOP questioning anything that is unflattering in regard to Obama. It is simply unreal.

What ever happened to 'deny ignorance'?!? Is that a thing of the past? Is the new slogan "Vote Obama and embrace ignorance"?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Does it matter which crook goes in? If Obama goes in and pushes his 'terrorist agenda' people will have enough, revolt will happen, civil war, and the ones who survive- provided they have a brain on their shoulders and a set of morals can pick up the pieces and make this country back into what it SHOULD be.

By the same token.....

If McCain goes in and pushes his 'Let's rob the poor and destroy the constitution agenda' people will have enough, revolt will happen, civil war, and the ones who survive- provided they have a brain on their shoulders and a set of morals can pick up the pieces and make this country back into what it SHOULD be.
Either way, it's a war/ win situation.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I feel like spitting on most of those people. I could imagine if the truth hit these people in the face, they'd still choose to live the lives the live currently. They're a disgrace and have no place on this planet. Call me harsh...whatever, because I am certain, that most of these people, cannot be educated. Their pride will not allow them to be. And if this is the case, the world does not need more stupid people. Stupidity=problems, and we have enough problems as it is.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hi There,

The stark contrasts of perceptions shown in the videos (and indeed on this thread) are a sad indictment of the polarised views of a very divided country. It seems that communities are perceiving through fear, superstition, racial divisions, and ill-informed understandings regarding two presidential candidates neither of which represent a 'whole' America. However, communities such as depicted in the two youtube videos are not just to be found in America, they have their counterparts all around the world...both historically and contemporary.

Are any of us making condemnatory posts entitled to suggest that our own perception and opinion is any better than the opinions expressed in the videos? If anything, the only difference I see is in the erudition and coherence of the opinions expressed. Remember, when we vote, we do so for a candidate whom matches closely what we ourselves express, and are critical of those whom don't. Regardless of their education and/or socio-economic status, or even their ethnicity, those in the videos are expressing opinions against a candidate they are critical of, and are entitled to do so, even at the detriment of themselves being negatively perceived by the wider audience beyond their own community and state.

If this gives us all cause for concerns and worries, would it not be better to seek to balance their views by direct debate, rather than to condemn them from a distance, regardless of the enormity of the task? Are we to expect them to somehow 'fix' what we may perceive as 'broken' whilst we remain distant from them in lifestyle and life experiences? The divisions look deeply traditional, and will continue to be so unless they are engaged directly, not just with a critical eye, but with a communial one. It is of great necessity to the nation as a whole that the insularism of these far-flung (ideologically) communities be broken down, and that can only be achieved through direct debate and contact...not just around election times, but at all times. Let us also note, that such contact is not primarily a one-way breakdown of division and erroneous perceivings, but two-way. We have to break down our own ideological impedences in order to engage.

The first question we must all ask ourselves is 'would it be worthwhile to do so'? I believe it would. Mindsets have to be engaged in order to find commonality and agreement. Without this commonality and agreement there is no nation, only different sizes of majorities, each fighting for a slice of the pie, each fighting to conserve their traditional ideological differences. The greatest attribute of 'difference', is that it doesn't just tutor some, but all...if we are willing to engage it.

Best wishes

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is why democracy fails. You let the dumb masses that are easy to manipulate decide who's in control. Democracy only works if the majority of people are well educated and critical thinkers.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That's some deep-fried stupid right there.

I don't really believe all McCain/Palin supporters are like this by any means, and McCain himself has tried to do the decent thing and distance himself from this kind of thing (not Palin - she loves this 'culture war" stuff apparently.)

The silver lining is that I really don't think there are enough of these idiots to make a difference in the election itself.

But I do worry, my (adopted sorta) nephew and his boyfriend live in rural Ohio, and if any of these morons attacked them, I'd fly out there and dish out some good old ultraviolence

I'm an excellent shot

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Most mccain/palin supporters, if they are not extremely rich, are either:

Uniformed.
Armageddon enthusiasts.
Ignorant.
Stubborn.
Old.
Traditionalists (also under uniformed)

Why such broad generalizations? Must you think that about half the Country has the traits you describe? This is what disturbs me most about many on your side.....you think all that oppose your beliefs must be inferior. Lord help us when it comes for time for "reaching across the aisle" when many on your side thinks the other side is just full of morons. Jeez. No wonder Pelosi wants a super majority.... it's plain that she doesn't intend on working with the Republicans on anything. And you guys talk about Bush and the NEOCONS grabbing power.......you ain't seen nuthin yet.

If the Democrats are in such a commanding position, why are they getting caught with voter registration allegations? I am not seeing or hearing Republicans registering people falsely.

I could say that from the Howard Stern Show that the vast amount of Obama supporters don't even know his platform.....would that be accurate?

Change.....Change.....Change....Change.....Change...Change.....

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
My take on these people - they have existed forever and a day. They are deeply religious folks who listen to each other and not much else. Ignorance runs rampant in these types of communities. They are very judgmental because they do cling to their religion and fear radical change.

I grew up in the south in a very conservative church - the Church of Christ, which I don't attend anymore. I left because of their unbending, judgmental attitudes toward the rest of the world, like teaching that only people in the Church of Christ were going to Heaven.

These people will be phased out eventually as their children grow to realize that their ignorance and judgmental attitudes only serve to perpetuate a society of hate and intolerance.

The REAL tragedy is that these people gravitate toward the Republican party and make the rest of us conservatives look bad. There are us conservatives who will vote for McCain because we disagree with Obama on the issues, not because of his skin color.

But let me also say this - there are those of you out there who will lump these ignorant folks in with ALL Republicans, and if you do, you're just as guilty of the same kind of ignorance and branding as the people in this video. McCain/Palin do NOT believe in this kind of racism and do not encourage it and neither do I and many, many others in the Republican party. We disagree with Obama on the issues, and yes, we have our doubts as to his past associations.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
That's some deep-fried stupid right there.

I don't really believe all McCain/Palin supporters are like this by any means, and McCain himself has tried to do the decent thing and distance himself from this kind of thing (not Palin - she loves this 'culture war" stuff apparently.)

The silver lining is that I really don't think there are enough of these idiots to make a difference in the election itself.

But I do worry, my (adopted sorta) nephew and his boyfriend live in rural Ohio, and if any of these morons attacked them, I'd fly out there and dish out some good old ultraviolence

I'm an excellent shot

Thank you for posting some common sense!
And this is not a one-liner.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebagel
Nice try. This is PROOF they like to deviate people's attention. You see it here in this very thread, folks.

Typical Obamanatron. If they don't make any personal attack they sure deviate everyone else attention they want to influence to other than the TRUTH.

What are you going to call me next, ignorant? See? Like their chosen one they ALWAYS go with the personal attack route.

I'm talking about the second video. One of the interviewee clearly said ACORN. The first video is clearly BIASED "find the dullest tool in the shed and stereotype them with ALL of the rest of em. Typical smear campaign.

Ugh.

I took the time to download the first 60% of the video and the grounds on which you earlier claimed the core issue here is ACORN is based on the comments one woman made? A woman who heard about ACORN for the first time at the rally itself?

When it comes to stretching, Reed Richards has nothing on you.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekingmyself

Yeah I understand, run into a lot of smart voters - it's just that every time I read something about something going wrong the initials OH or the word Ohio is always right next to it. (no idea where that part is, relatively new to Ohio
.) Yeah, hopefully it will be a large turnout and we will get a repeat of last year when teachers excused students from class to vote. People waiting in line to vote where given candy and water; and best of all homework that was due that day or the next was delayed

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
More of these wannabe Republicans.
Sorry to tell you the Republicans your mommy and Daddy were so fond of havent been in office for decades. The Neocons are for restriction of everything.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It's such a pity that them "things" on that video are commonly referred to as Americans. They do such an injustice to America as I know they don't constitute the majority of Americans. Every nation has it's bad apples - it's just because America is so large that the probability of the presence of moronic people is so high.

It truly sickens me that people are still this backward, Amercian or not. Some people evolve whereas some people just seem to take a few steps back each year and their tiny, useless little minds can't learn anything new - ever.

A shiver went up my spine when I saw that idiot with the child - there's another one of them "things" in the making.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

But let me also say this - there are those of you out there who will lump these ignorant folks in with ALL Republicans, and if you do, you're just as guilty of the same kind of ignorance and branding as the people in this video. McCain/Palin do NOT believe in this kind of racism and do not encourage it and neither do I and many, many others in the Republican party.

Sorry to say , youre wrong. *Apaulin has been pushing every issues she can...truthful or not. Its the only way they can get through to the "dummies". Unfortunately, theres a lot of them in the US.
Thats why I like Obamas stand on education.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join