It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance in America *A Must See*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
As a man who grew up in the great state of Ohio, it sickens me to see such ignorance and hatred. Interestingly enough, I was surprised to see al jazeera in Ohio.

This election will have ramifications of epic proportions. History will dedicate a whole chapter to it, i am sure. Hopefully, for these twisted people, their ignorance will not be linked.

Enjoy if you must...

AAC

[edit on 16-10-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

LOL..'.obama thinks some white people are trash'..so what do they do...go and prove him right..

is this america?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It is nice to see so many anonymous people trying to be so politically correct on this subject. It would appear that the ignorance is on both sides of the fence here.

The majority of the responses seem to think that these rural folks are ignorant. Everyone is so surprised that people actually talk this way and feel this way about Barry. I would be willing to wager that the majority of the people writing about this live in or very close to a major population center in this country. I hate to shed the light on you folks, but when you travel throughout the smaller towns of this country these are the god fearing folks that you will meet. They are not caught up in their cell phones, text messaging, blackberrys, reality tv shows, what Paris Hilton is wearing and why is Britney's sister knocked up again. They are generally concerned about the future of the country that they worked so hard to build and protect. They live a much simpler and peaceful life that most of us could probably benefit from. .

Furthermore, most of the folks featured in that biased video are of an older generation. They lived through at least four wars and have seen people like Barry come and go. Unfortunately, one person called him a "Negro" and that is probably based on how he was raised. I grew up thinking all Black people were "Colored" because that is how my grandparents referred to them. Back then there was no hatred intended. My grandparents had black neighbors next door and across the street and they were all friends, even when the chitterlings were cooking. There was no racism. Try traveling to similar towns south of the Mason Dixon line and see what type of people you will meet. I was raised in Ohio and have lived in VA, NC and SC living in the South was an eye opener.

I believe that most of the people are afraid of Barry and the uncertainty that follows him. This late in the race and we still know nothing about him aside from the info gleaned from a few carefully planned speeches and interviews. He is a Liberal to the extreme and that scares people with any shred of moral rectitude and patriotism. He has clearly been groomed for the position that he is seeking. Enough said

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Considering all dictators rule easier over ignorant people, it would surprise me if it's done intentionally.........let's face it, these people in government looking for support for *bs causes will have no problem if people are this out of touch............honestly it's probably not their fault, but still pretty pathetic.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
That Obama probably has more more academic qualifications behind him than half that audience is probably lost on some of them.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Merriman Weir]

So so true. And I would say, without any hesitation, he has more academic qualifications behind him than EVERYONE in that audience, including Palin. You've got ignorant voters who don't even know how educated this man is, that they're writing off because of 1800s type ideologies, and you've got ignorant pundits on the other side claiming intelligence is a negative (all the "too professorial" comments).

Proof of Obama's credentials:

A graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he served as president of the Harvard Law Review. Obama also practiced as a civil rights attorney. He taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004.

McCain finished 5th from last at whatever military academy he went to.

Those, are facts. I don' give a damn if you're pink, yellow, orange, white, red, blue, or black...you should respect ANYONE that goes through that much education. Not only that, IF YOU WANTED TO LEARN ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION, Obama is the man you would go to college and learn from. Why is it that Americans don't want an intelligent leader? And don't dare make a case for "my friends, McCain." Because once again, FIFTH FROM LAST PLACE. And it's well documented McCain was an ungreatful, resentful dick. I respect veterans, but I suggest you all look up how McCain went down the path he did...

[edit on 16-10-2008 by ImaNutter]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I was all set to pencil in Jimmy Buffett - but after watching these videos, I want to vote for Obama just to spite these people.

Of course... I probably won't bother wasting the gas at all since our election process is a sham. I live in Maryland and therefore my electoral college votes for Obama regardless of who I vote for.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaNutter

That Obama probably has more more academic qualifications behind him than half that audience is probably lost on some of them.

So so true. And I would say, without any hesitation, he has more academic qualifications behind him than EVERYONE in that audience, including Palin.

Actually, I made a mistake there. I meant to type "more academic qualifications behind him than half that audience put together".

Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Obama's credentials are a joke!! Just being a Lawyer doesn't qualify him to lead this Nation. Anyone with the right connections and/or money can get into any school even Columbia and Harvard. Just because he attended these schools doesn't make him a genius. He has been connected from a very young age.

If he is such brilliant leader, why did fly so low under the radar while he was leading the Harvard Law Review?? The only things he ever wrote about were done anonymously. He penned nothing shocking or enlightening. He ruffled no feathers and clearly did not influence anybody while attending either school. He hasn't even released his transcripts. What kind of grades did he achieve??

There is far more to life and success than pure academics and text books. Ask any of the top, self made CEO's in this world. Life experience and the wisdom that accompanies it is a far greater tool for success than an education at an Ivy League school.. Barry has virtually no experience when compared to John McCain. Barry has never led anyone into anything. He seems to always just get by. Aside from his lackluster Law Review tenure, what else was he involved with in college? I bet he hustled the credit card sign up tables and handed out plenty of free T-shirts

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Ugh...
I'm from rural Ohio. Born and raised. I still have family there. What can I say? I haven't asked them who they're voting for. I'm afraid of their response.

Fortunately, there are more people in the cities than in rural areas. Don't get me wrong, Ohioans are some good people. But ignorance spreads like wildfire...

"Sleeper Cell Muslim"?? Ugh!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
To be honest, this does not surprise me at all.
If i had 100 dollars i would bet you that McCain would win the election. But that is another topic, back on topic.

It is hard to blame these people for being ignorant. You cant blame a person the way he or she is brought up and raised. And don't forget ignorance does not exist!

We may call them ignorant but guess what they would call us?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

yeah, being president of the harvard law review doesn't qualify him for president...i guess you had to be a prisoner of war, divorce your first wife because she was disabled, marry a woman 20 years younger who's a multi-millionaire, be 72 years old, and pick a racist vice-president....to be president.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

That's not what this particular thread is about. This thread is about the news coverage of a pro-Republican rally in Ohio and the views spoken by the people that attended.

Oooh yes it is. The CORE issue discussed in this thread derived from the ACORN issue.

Even one of the people in the interview in the video mentions about it. So it os RELEVANT. Don't try to sweep this one under the carpet.

The pro Obama supporters are dallying up about how McCain Supporters are supposedly ignorant, hateful, racist and just now I read that they are now being put on the same level as dogs.

It's their ploy to hide the truth and deviate from the REAL issue. Face it, if this issue didn't exist, this thread would never have been posted.

The truth that:

*Barack Hussein Obama just lied again and agian on television and said he had no association with ACORN..watch it and the FBI will raid his campaign headquarters...He funded these crooked bastards to tune of 830,000 dollars..

*500 million taxpayer dollars are going to the organization. Can you image if a right-wing organization was getting money like that? Let's see 10 million a year to LaRaza, 500 million to ACORN, and others. This guy is so dirty yet they are trying their best to find any DUST on Palin. These people have NO shame.

*ACORN has registered 105% of the population in Indiapolis.

*FBI will be charging ACORN executives with Federal Racketeering charges from Voter Fraud. Due to the criminal activities of ACORN it is estimated that at least 20% of all registered voters nationally are fraudulent. The U.S. Attorney General Michael Mukasey and FBI Director Robert Mueller are leading the charge to ensure all registrations are verified and those that cannot be verified are set aside so on election night if people try using the names will be arrested for voter frauds

*"I've been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career,"
- Barack Obama Quote

"That is, Obama was training the army of organizers who participated in [ACORN's] drive against Chicago's banks. More than that, Obama was funding them. As he rose to a leadership role at Chicago's Woods Fund, he became the most powerful voice on the foundation's board for supporting ACORN and other community organizers. In 1995, the Woods Fund substantially expanded its funding of community organizers - and Obama chaired the committee that urged and managed the shift."

- NYPost 9/29/2008

Wake up people! These are just at the TIP of the iceberg.

The Obama supporters wonders why there is resentment, frustration, and anger toward them. It's because they continue to ignore truth and facts about their 'chosen one'. The truth hurts. Unfortunately people like to listen to warm and fuzzy speeches of candy lies instead of trying to wake up to the truth!

[edit on 16-10-2008 by spacebagel]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Interesting response. You forgot mention his 20 plus years of leadership and service in the Senate. Where did you read that he divorced his first wife solely because she was disabled?

Regarding Cindy, she wasn't a millionaire when he married her. She inherited and worked in the family business that her father worked so hard to build. She has also focused much of her adult life on philanthropy and helping others. God forbid, anyone actually succeed in this world. If you follow Barry, you will never have to worry about success because he will provide everything that you will ever need. He'll take some of Cindy's money and give it to you. Would that make you feel better? It is all about entitlement.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I got a question to you living in America . You do have a closer look to what is going on over there.
What is your guess, how many % out of the entitled to vote Americans, holding this point of view??

To be hornest, here on ATS you can find a lot of woke up peoples, but I m afraid it is only this little community (compared to the whole country)

Is there any hope for the world??

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Since this is a conspiracy site lets look at Obama's biggest problem- his colour! In this day and age race or colour simply shouldn't be an issue but looking and listening to these rascist rednecks it clearly is.
So what better way to bring about a state of emergency and martial law than get a well educated and respected black guy elected as President with the certain knowledge that some bigoted nutter will assassinate him? And the aftermath! Race riots, religious persecution, American against American. . who would have thought you guys would ever have another civil war on your hands.
And what about if McCain gets in? He doesn't look in good health and if, god forbid, he died in mid term Palin would become President with exactly the same disastrous results.
Perhaps they are different sides of the same conspiracy theory? A way of inciting civil disobedience, a break down in law and order, and bringing about martial law.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
damn... scary #! redneck minds.

Its scary to see racism play this big a role, and I can understand why Obama could be in danger - espesially with this kind of... well, hate.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by DwaynetheSpecious]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DwaynetheSpecious

Have you seen the enlightened liberals of New York and their chants of "you don't belong here" and "get out, F you!", to a small group of McCain supporters?

Oh, but that hate is acceptable right? You people scare me, because you aren't consistent. You show all this outrage when the hate fits a certain profile (white, poor, rural, Republican), but not when it comes from your own neck of the woods. Thats dangerous and ignorant.

I mean, you claim this bugs you, than use a racial epitaph to describe the offenders. Do you not see the hypocrisy?

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
reply to post by DwaynetheSpecious

Have you seen the enlightened liberals of New York and their chants of "you don't belong here" and "get out, F you!", to a small group of McCain supporters?

Oh, but that hate is acceptable right? You people scare me, because you aren't consistent. You show all this outrage when the hate fits a certain profile (white, poor, rural, Republican), but not when it comes from your own neck of the woods. Thats dangerous and ignorant.

I mean, you claim this bugs you, than use a racial epitaph to describe the offenders. Do you not see the hypocrisy?

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

What should I call them? normal people? I just can't see people who act and talk like that shown in the video. Call them what you want... I don't have a neutral word when it comes to such stupidity shown in the videos.

And about the chanting to MCCain voters... I don't know what to say... I'm from Denmark, we have NOTHING like that going on... you vote who you vote for and stand by it... no one yells anything at you.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by DwaynetheSpecious]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

and all that shows is there is a greater percentage of ignorant hate mongerers in america then the ones highlighted in the video already

1 question though to the McCain wondering around people were they recieving that becasue of thier skin colour? or a politcal differance?

see there is a differance, if its politcal ideals then its like comparing apples and oranges they are both fruit (hatred) but for very different reasons

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If these folks are ignorant, what does that make the average Barry supporter? The people registering with ACORN for a dollar and a cigarette...
The people who like him JUST because he is Black...
The people seen on the recent Howard Stern video...
The people who pay no taxes and demand more handouts...
The people who have no drive to succeed in anything...
The people at Barry rallies wearing shirts that call Palin a c**t...

This argument is a no win.... The question is moot

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacebagel
Oooh yes it is. The CORE issue discussed in this thread derived from the ACORN issue.

The pro Obama supporters are dallying up about how McCain Supporters are supposedly ignorant, hateful, racist and just now I read that they are now being put on the same level as dogs.

No offence, but are you drunk or something? If this particular clip - which is what this thread is specifically about - revolves around ACORN, can you tell me how many of the people in the clip were actually talking about ACORN? I saw a lot of "Muslim", "non-Christian", "negro" &c type comments, but how many were actually saying "that ACORN thing sure looks to be a problem".

Here's a transcript:

I'm afraid if he wins, the blacks will take over. He's not a Christian! This is a Christian nation! What is our country gonna end-up like?

When you got a negro running for our President, you need a first stringer; he's definitely a second stringer.

He seems like a sheep or a wolf in sheep's clothing to be honest with you. And I believe Palin, she's filled with the Holy Spirit and I believe she's going to bring honesty and integrity to the White House.

He's related to a known terrorist for one.

He is friends with a terrorist of this country.

He must support terrorists. You know, if it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck then it must be a duck. And that, to me, is Obama.

Just the whole Muslim thing and everything. I mean everybody's still kinda, a lot of people forgot about 9-11 but, I don't know, it's just kinda, a little unnerving.

Obama and his wife, I'm concerned that they could be anti-white, that he might hide that.

I don't like the fact that he thinks us white people are trash because we're not.

Yes, plenty of concern there for ACORN.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join