It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions requested. Image of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Good evening ATS,
A few years ago I stumbled onto this website and found some of the topics interesting. Time came and went...didn't check up on these forums very often. Recently my brother told me about a picture of a "ghost" he caught on camera. Nobody at works really seems to take my questions about this seriously so I figured I would see what people on these forums thought about it. I asked him to forward the picture and it turns out it's a cell phone picture. To my chagrin, it's a poor quality image.

Some backstory on this image. My brother believes he has the gift of seeing and combating spirits (if need be). Apparently his girlfriend is sensitive to certain things and experiences activity in her house. She complains of a tapping at her bedroom door when it's closed pretty often. On this particular day, my brother projected himself to pacify the spirit and directed his girlfriend to take a picture in a certain area. She took this picture on her cellphone and forwarded it to my brother...who then forwarded it to me.

Link to the image: i12.photobucket.com...

The image is of her hallway. To the bottom left you'll see stairs leading down to the first floor. I assume that shes taking the picture from her bedroom door. The area of interest is the bathroom door which is open. This is the dark area of the image. I requested a daytime image of the area with the lights on but I have not received those yet...so this is all I have to work with.

I was directed to the area just above the T-shirt that is sitting at the top of the stairs. Its tough to make out but it appears there is a fat face looking at an angle somewhere. You can make out the outline of the face and what appears to be a nose. I'm wondering if this is a coincidence. The area that would make up the eyes seems to fall directly in a line with the bottom of the cabinet in the background. The mouth almost seems to curl into a frown. The low resolution of the camera makes it really hard to see details but I highly doubt we can capture another picture of this. Does anyone else see this?

I made a copy of the image and opened it up in photoshop to mess around with color levels and create negatives. The face doesn't show up very well in negatives. The only thing that can really be made out is it's transparency. The color is almost exactly the same as the background. Feel free to take a look at it. What I would really like to know is if there is tampering with the image. This girlfriend is pretty new and I believe she's playing with my brothers interest in the field. When he told her people found something in the picture she seemed very surprised. I can't knock the feeling of ulterior motives here.

Here is the same picture with the "face" circled: i12.photobucket.com...

I would appreciate any comments on the subject.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
its quite possible, I can see that.

One thing that C.S. Lewis condones is that some creatures exist in different frequencies of the electromagnetic spectrum. What we could be seeing here is a creature shading over into the side of the spectrum that we can see, hence the extremely faded outline of a face.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
That took a while to find but once I did you sure have something interesting I had a photo years ago which I felt had something very evident but was written off enough till I gave up cool pic

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
our brains naturally search to make some order of chaos.

it's like seeing images in clouds and it is called matrixing

i think that's probably what is here. the image is easy to make out but one image isn't really enough to go on

i would say maybe have them try to take another picture in the same spot the same way around the same time to see if it happens again. if you can consistently make the same thing happen under the control condition then it probably is matrixing as i described

however, if they were to replicate the variables involved and nothing showed up after several more pictures were taken in that spot but the face suddenly appeared on other pictures in different areas then i'd say they could possibly have a very short, moody ghost lurking in their home

***edited because i left almost an entire sentence out because i type too fast

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Barathrum]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Thanks for replies. I must admit I haven't heard of the electromagnetic theories but that sounds interesting.

Tomorrow I am going to see if I can secure a daytime image of the photo. I'm wondering if there are any reflective surfaces or structures that could possibly create an image like that in dim light.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
that's a good idea

try to eliminate any possibility of contamination from reflections and things like that

if you don't have any other explanation for the things you find then you may have something

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I just contacted my brother and I have an update. Apparently, this was taken when she was in Ohio at her sisters house (we are located in California). Shes already back here in California and is no longer there. I really doubt I can get a picture by proxy from the sister.

I guess I'm going to have to leave this on the backburner for a little while until I can find a day image. Sorry to waste your time guys...got to excited and made a move without being able to completely secure all the evidence.

But hey, in a couple of months we're going to make a trip to a local abandoned asylum to test some things out. Maybe I can bring something more substantial back or at least some personal experiences. This picture kind of sparked our interest in planning a trip.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Not too sure about this picture. I see what you're talking about, but just above the 'nose', where the brow should be, runs uncannily in line with a step or box type object in the bathroom.

Unless that is another concept to consider... if spirits do want to make themselves known, as such, in evidence, that they take our surroundings and blend in with them. Kind of like a subliminal message, if that makes sense?

new topics

top topics

join