It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your mind is currupted, but you keep on letting it be currupted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Its time to wake up people. We need to open our eyes before its to late. Is this life? Everyday working for the weekend, worrying about bills. The same generation does the same thing over and over again. Get married, Have kids kids go to college, they have kids there kids go to college and so on. Is that life? I'm beginning to believe that we as a human race are being literally mind F**k by something far beyond our understanding, and it seems like we accept it. We accept this way of life, this carousel of BS. Sigh its like i woke up from a dream after high school and saw the world for what it truly is. We are CATTLE.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
humans are creatures of habit but i don't really believe that we are all just cattle. there are many different ways to live and different kinds of lives to lead. sure there are some responsibilities that we all have to take on as we grow up but that's sort of the give part of living in a civilized society.

of course that's just my opinion

i do have a question for you though. what do you think would be the ideal life for you to have for yourself? i mean it may not be an impossible dream. we all have hopes and things we want to do with our lives but life is compromise and all too often we find that special someone or devote ourselves to our careers or this or that and put things on the back burner.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Yes, there are certain boundaries in which we live, but to a certain degree life truly is what you make it.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by all2human]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollowmoon

I have to say, a great number of people here on ATS probably already know this and are in the pursuit of the "greater truth". Honestly though, I'm pretty sure we're gonna get mind f'd depending on whether the higher power wants us to or not, so whats the difference? Do you really think it matters whether you know or not? Do you think you can stand up for yourself?

I actually think I can, but that belief is only based on the limited sphere of knowledge I have gathered compared to the knowledge I believe I will be able to gather in the future.

Truth is, (hehe...), the only thing we can be sure of, is "I think therefore I am".

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Yup, I get what you are seeing. I have been seeing the same thing as well. We have gotten so caught up in the future and comparing it with history, we are trying to control it by using the same methods over and over and boringly over. What EVERYONE KNOWS but no one is saying without pretending they are joking is simply this.. the truth, the only truth, is that this society is insane.

History is doomed to repeat itself... echoed down through time with the word "doomed" attached to it and my suspicion would be we were meant to take this statement as a warning to TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT!! Voting in these elections with two regurgitated "solutions" repackaged would be a sign of insanity, IMHO.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't like it, not one bit. Abbra-Cadabbra!!! Poof. Yay, I am Queen of the Universe!

Ok, back to reality...you are what you want to be. You can be chained up, but still be free. You can be on a train heading for an internment camp, but you can have a nice ride can you not? If you can't help it, no need to worry right? The future is not set in stone...we create it. We can make it happy or whatever you would like...or you can complain about something. What are you afraid of? The pain? Death? What? Whatever it is you can overcome it if you really want to. I feel sorry for the "cattle owners" who have never realized this, they must be miserable or just pathetic.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
If you try to look at the big picture, there are a lot of people that are far more aware than they let on. Most of the reason they often do not express themselves is the generalized theory that others will simply utilize you as an object of ridicule. A person cannot simply go and blurt out truth and awareness to the public at large. People take on a whole new persona when grouped together. A group dynamic if you will. The more apathetic of the population ironically have the loudest voice when it comes to interfering with their way of thinking. Often times taking the moral high ground to defend the very notion that they are simply to ignorant to accept anything other than what they already know. Too ignorant or too stubborn, you decide. I, personally have always said that " People would believe a lie of convenience, before searching for the real truth." Why is this? Mostly because an endeavor to uncover the real truth costs a lot mentally and emotionally. Most would not step out of their comfort zone and feel exposed. Those that are more aware find themselves in positions in which they have discovered something, but everyone they know or have tried to tell has looked at them like freak. You really cannot go about telling people that we were all created by aliens without some sort of disdain being directed towards you. You cannot tell anyone they "need to wake up" People think the have a good bead on things and who the hell are you to tell them differently. My own personal opinion is to approach this from a sort of network marketing standpoint. Pique interest, and have them want more. The sale is in the bag, so to speak. However, all you are selling is the truth. If you even know the truth in the first place. My friend, it has to be subtle. Something I'm admittedly not sometimes, but that is all part of my own personal education process.
So I leave you with this, "Apathy can be overcome by, educating ourselves, becoming informed, sharing what we learn and positive encouragement."
Deny ignorance!!

[edit on 16/10/2008 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So in like 10 years from now us as a "society", what will be our daily lives? will it be what i wrote in the beginning of this thread or would it be different?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I can say I support your quest and that in my case you're preaching to the choir,but it's always good to hear another voice say it . So thanks ,wakefulness is needed for sure and I hope people are getting wiser to the lies and distractions that keep us of course,and prevent us from being in control of our lives

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I've been awake for a long time but it hasn't helped me, it's only made me angrier and more isolated as the time goes by.

I know this whole system is a sham. The lives we're forced to live are pathetic... constantly being held back from becoming something more. The truth withheld from us. Forced into meaningless jobs with little satisfaction. Force-fed religious propaganda from the cradle. I literally had it beaten into me with a belt... all because some people choose to believe what others tell them, rather than thinking for themselves. All my life I've had people try to control me, parent me, tell me what to do, how to live, what to believe. Well they failed, and instead created a monster ready to tear down the walls of this oppressive system. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop... waiting anxiously.

Most won't "wake up" until they have nothing left to lose.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

Right there with ya cruel ,awake is a lonely walk,but would you trade it for the lie? I bet you wouldn't

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I understand where you're at....... you know why? I was in the same place -- or similar -- 30 years ago.

I am not cattle. If I want food, I fish, I pick vegetables and fruit, and I cook them.

We have to find out own way, and decide what is truly important in our lives. I bowed out of the rat race, the competition for shiny goods and fast cars and indifferent companions more than 25 years ago.

Here's an idea: You will not find your mate, your ideal, by looking for him/her. You will find them by embracing the things in life that you love. They will love them as well, and you will have at least one common bond. Then, you both decide what matters to you. Perhaps it's children, perhaps it's framing a theoretical physics paper that unites the weak and gravitational forces.

That doesn't mean you can't grow things, and make music and write. Write! God yes! Write and tell people what matters to you. But Never, NEVER give up and call yourself cattle or sheep. That would be baaaa-aaaaaa-aaaaaad. That would be acknowledging the pressures put upon you by the system.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I have a feeling that if enough people wake up, a civil war will easilly ensue, eventually enough people will realize that their god given right to live a better life had been stolen from right under their noses, all thanks to the wealthy elite. The next civil war will not be between North and South, or American v. British but instead it will be between social classes. See that's the whole irony of the system that the wealthy don't realize about. When you start dividing to the point where there's only the Rich few at the top, and the masses of the poor at the bottom. The lines are no longer blurred, there's no middle class to buffer the impending war.

In other words, when everyone but the few A holes at the top, and the masses of us are at the bottom, and no one in the middle to say "Oh well, it's not that hard, yeah I'm not rich, but I live a comfortable life as middle class" It becomes clear to us who the enemy is, and trust me, having the army on your side won't do squat. This class struggle has ensued for years before, except that the wealthy were kings and monarchs, and the poor were peasants and slaves, and even though they wealthy elite back then too had an army, the peasants still knocked them down (temporarily). So if the wealthy A holes want to continue in their delusion that they're "untouchable" they can go ahead and do so... believe me... there will be some of us who will think "vigilantism isn't such a bad thing" and will start taking them out systematically, until the day when a class war begins. I just hope that if it does come to that, that we take down every single one of them this time around, instead of just their figureheads/puppets.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
You are whatever you want to be.

No one is forcing you to get married, have kids, put them through college, work 9-5 etc.

You don’t have to be *one of the norm.*

You don’t have to follow the social rules.

You don’t have to be a statistic 2.2 kids the dog etc.

If this is what makes you happy, go for it.

It’s easier in society, to go with the *norm* sure.

But do you have to?

Absolutely not.

...taps...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
YOu're born . . . you follow mom and dad around and generally live pretty much carefree until you begin your 'formal education' . . .

For the next twenty years (give or take a few depending on where your 'education' takes you) you line up, take a seat, listen and learn how everything is to be done.

Get a job.

Trudge, drive or otherwise follow the rest of the huddled masses to work each day . . . plying what you've 'learned' (translated roughty to how you've been taught to do everything exactly how it's always been done) to feather the nests of those who own the businesses in which you toil, all in hopes that you bring home enough dough to live comfortably and peacefully all whilst being bombarded by those who's nests you feather with your daily toils that you need to buy more nicer costlier stuff all which serves to keep you hostage to those for which you toil.

Find a mate . . . squirt out a couple of kids . . . work like hell to give them a few more nicer costlier things to make their treadmill a tad more comfortable . . . rinse/lather/repeat.

As an aside . . . ever grab yourself a cold one on a summer's afternoon and stare blankly into the ground where you see a line of ants marching to and from a little mound of earth . . . dragging a piece of turd or chunk of food or whatever back to the mound of earth to feed the queen, maybe being one of the lucky few that gets to fertilize an egg or two and share a turdcrumb sandwich with that queen, only to find yourself back in that line that marches to and from that little mound of earth ad infinitum.

Where's the difference . . .

We are creatures of the universe who've learned over the generations to quietly and blindly get into our lines, feed the queen and live out our lives . . . just like that ant, if we step out of line, we're a condiment on the next sucker's turdcrumb sandwich.

That being said, and despit it's fatalistic tone, we can . . . no . . . we NEED to step out of line and forge our way to start feeding ourselves and not the queen.

Can it be done immediately.

No.

But if we start now, work on our kids and help our kids work on their kids, we've got a chance.

If we put blind faith in goverenments, financial systems, economic models and the myraid other 'ways it has always been done', we're summarily screwed to a species hell bent on feeding the queen and eating turdcrumb sandwiches for all of eternity.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
it ocours to me that most people want to work 9to5, 5 days a week, get married, have kids and settle into comfortable normality. they have enough to give them contentment.

contentment is very pleasant, the restlessness that comes from a search for meaning is often a miserable existence.

maybe contented people are cattle, but, to be frank, i wish i was one of them.

JSR

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollowmoon
Sigh its like i woke up from a dream after high school and saw the world for what it truly is. We are CATTLE.

moooowwww...........

welcome to your life.
and don't be afraid to corrupt your brain a little. it ant so bad to be a participant in the rat race. try as you may, you will not entirely escape. if you are one of those lucky few who do, then I respect you immensely.

you don't have to be anything you don't want to be. and you will never change your environment alone. heck, even with a large number of people to move the "masses" takes a tremendous strength in will, as well as great direction and focus from your group. and that is no small task. and even if your were able to take that task on, well, who is shepherding you then?

just relax. stop looking at the "world for what it truly is". who's to say that what you see is real? who's to say the way you see it, will remain in that perspective for ever?

life is like a river. it is difficult to walk against the flow. so relax and let it move you. take only what you need in life, occasionally indulge. don't hold fast to any one mode of thought. and be prepared to change, alter, or switch your mode of thought at any time. if you are open to the possibility that all you have ever learned is different than way you may have remembered learning it, then life is capable of mystifying you. let life mystify you. there are to many wonderful things in this world to let the bastards get you down, so, don't let'em.

and coming from someone who has a wife and kid, it isn't what you think. when done right, with the right two people, it is more than you would have ever expected. and to have a child, of your own flesh and blood, wrap his arms around you and smile..........I would happily stand in any line, work any job, do any thing, to make that little guy comfortable and happy.

and when you truly live your life for someone else, then you begin to see why things truly, are the way they are............

good luck, live and love much.........

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Here are a few questions that you can stop asking yourself, because there is no answer:

1. Why are we here?
2. What is the meaning of life?

We should be so lucky to be cattle. Ignorance is truly bliss.
Go get married, have kids, play video games.
He who finds simple happiness...wins.

top topics

join