It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stigmata

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
About a year or so ago, I did some research on something called "Stigmata". Stigmata is when you recieve the wounds of Christ and they bleed and bleed and bleed. Pablo Pia was one of the more famous Stigmatics, he said that an Angelic being came to him and beams of light shot through his hands, feet and side. He also reported the devil himself beating and torturing him untill Mary, the mother of christ, came to him and the devil fled. What I would like to know is, what do you know about Stigmata? Do you believe in it?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The human mind can do amazing things that we haven't even begun to comprehend yet. One can suppress their immune system and become ill just by being depressed. Well what if we could use this mind over matter to help us cure any number of diseases in ourselves.

Now lets take this to the extreame. What if you believed something so strongly and completely that you could actually use your muscles to convulse and make openings in your flesh. Hense stigmatas. Since we don't consciously know how to do this it would appear to be supernatural. How else do you explain why stigmatas are more often then not in the wrong place. The popular images that we have come to know of Christ on the cross show his hands have the nails through them and this is often where people receive the stigmata, but that is wrong! Jesus could not have received them in his hands because they would have torn right through. If he was nailed to a cross, he would have had to been nailed through the arms because of the bone structure.

Just an idea.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Oh, come on! Don't we have any takers on this subject?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'll play along WW.

I've heard of women wanting to become pregnant so badly that they actually get the large stomach ( and it's not overeating" and can feel kicks inside, i don't remember where I heard that though...

is this the same type of thing that you are talking about ?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I'll play along WW.

I've heard of women wanting to become pregnant so badly that they actually get the large stomach ( and it's not overeating" and can feel kicks inside, i don't remember where I heard that though...

is this the same type of thing that you are talking about ?

Yep, more or less. It is the human mind affecting the physical body unconsciously...or perhaps the woman you speak of just has considerable gas.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I believe they are true. BTW, the movie of the same name was quite interesting.

About their cause/origins, I won't speculate much, but I'm not really religious so... I think Jonna's explanation makes more sense than the religious ones. Altho it can seem a bit far fetched, even for "mind over matter" theories. But that's what sound the more probable to me.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I do agree that most likely the nails went in through the wrist. But some specualte that it was the hand, but the body was held by ropes, or something similar to Mels Gibsons Passion where he stood on a small triangular block nailed in place under his feet so that you could kind of support yourself. The problem with the theory about mind over matter is that this has happened to many non Christians, who had no idea what the hell was Going on.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by infovacume]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Dudes,

if it is mind over matter , why does my willie not grow ? hahahaha ! always concentrating to get it above pinky size mind over matter does not work .

By the way I have seen books and videos of people with stigmata and scientis studied them and found no clue as to why , also one nun I think was closed tested by US government scientist because she does not eat anything but one holy host a day and remained healthy , these are studies that I read not made up books , it was so long ago that I have to look for them .
The studies were performed to see if any practical aplicaion can be extracted like space travel food savings or healin but nothing was found , mind over matter , very much speculaion , no evidence to support either ,
the Catholic Church is virtually the only organization with very strange ('miraclous') events happening by almost by the millions for centuries . I have alot of books on the things that happened , some studies have been done by Nasa and other organizations but causes have been never found , some hoaxes have been found out .

Speaking of possible parapsycology stuff, I have been
involved in the art of excorsism but was not fully accepted at the end because I was not psicologically ready for the real ugly stuff , I wish I was , lots of stuff I can talk about and alot I cannot though .

LEON

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Good one Leon!

new topics

top topics

join