It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow is judgement day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

That was an amazing post.

Kudos.

Could not have said it better myself.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

starred, great post!

I am exhausted from the bipolar stock market, the never ending drizzle of bad economic news and the division of our country in yet another insane campaign year.
The emotional turmoil is overwhelming whether you notice it or not, a constant flow of fear and uncertainty tends to make humans want to be comforted. I have to wonder if that is the plan? Wear us down until we accept everything thrown at us with just a whimper of protest.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Well said, a star for you. And to keep this from being a one liner the markets have already started to fall.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

JSR

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

very insightfull post. but im curious. how is it that you are of that world, yet, have grown to despise it? or do you? U2 if you'd like, or not.

your story must be interesting.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSR

very insightfull post. but im curious. how is it that you are of that world, yet, have grown to despise it? or do you? U2 if you'd like, or not.

your story must be interesting.

There is often a terrible payment asked of the children of these families.
As the families are considered above reproach, and people sense danger in challenging them, the strong may prey on the weak as they please. Through acceptance of crimes against them the children lose their sense of self worth, and become completely dependant on their family, who they must lie to protect.

This causes disassociation from the world outside the family, as no-one else knows the reality this child is living in.

When the spirit is broken, the person seeks to fill the void by accumulating wealth and power, but what they have can never be enough. The loyalty of shared secrets both holds each player in check and drives them forward as a well greased machine.

There was a child who couldn't break, who survived terrible things. This child knew that one is one's thoughts and one's actions, and chose those actions and thoughts carefully, fearing to become a person she could not live with. She became many people, the child who bore the horrors only appearing in one context, other personalities loving and laughing outside. God befriended her, as a laughing Krishna, and they played games and sang songs together. Maybe just an imaginary friend, but it would hurt her still to say that. She hid in the forest, ancient trees full of the wisdom of living wood protecting her.

The child asked for understanding, and was shown the histories of her tormentors. Looking inside, she could see her tormentors within her, and knew she was no better. She was merely blessed, by being too alien for her family.

Look in the eyes of the worst people you know, and you will see lost and confused children inside, trying to deaden the pain by filling up their hollow places.

Every time you can do good, impart knowledge or share love, give thanks.

In this game of life we need the bad guys, or there would be no game. Understand them as a loving God must do. Fight if you must, but forgive yourself and your opponents later.
And be humble, because we can all play the bad guy sometimes.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Wow, awesome post. Very deep. I agree, most of us have been forced to play the bad guy a time or two, and those of us who rember it, know it didn't feel pretty, so yeah, those "bad guys" are living in a self made torture chamber prison, and they just don't know how to get out.

I can forgive, but I have learned that you can unlock the door, and open it, and show them the way out, but to many are afraid to step out of that door....insaine I know, and I just can't figure it out, but mabey you are right, mabey this life is just some game somehow.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Three pieces of advise - for what it's worth:

1) Never try and pick the bottom.

2) Wait for a clearly defined basing pattern to develop (currently unfolding in the Canadian banks?).

3) Finally, wait for a breakout of that basing pattern and don't be worried about missing the first 10%+ of gains. Sometimes this can take months or even years to unfold.

=

A thought for the bottom feeders:

After topping out at ~110/share at the height of the tech boom circa 2000, many thought Nortel was bottoming around ~$30/share a couple years later or so.

Today, on a reverse splitadjusted basis, it is trading at about 16 CENTS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join