It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Redirect links

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Don't you have redirect links for when you move a thread? You know, something that leaves a link, but says "Moved:", or something? Half the time, I post in a thread, then can never find it again! This is quite an annoyance.
It's like certain threads just disappear.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If you subscribe to a thread, or add it to your favorites, you'll always have a current link to the forum in which is resides, if it's been moved. The code XMB code does not handle redirects well, and the performance of the "today" or recent posts page, as well as forum pages was getting horrible as a result. So the feature was disabled.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Maybe you could copy the thread, close it, and leave a link in the first post? I don't know. It's just kind of confusing.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
One of the upcoming code changes is the automatic subscription to all threads in which you post a reply. I think that will solve 95% of the moving thread problems.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
One of the upcoming code changes is the automatic subscription to all threads in which you post a reply. I think that will solve 95% of the moving thread problems.

Hey thats a good idea, and if there was a Todays + subscribed list then you not only see all the new posts but also the ones you have replied to. Mind you it would have to have a cut off date otherwise the list would get too long....

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Okay... that code aleration was more simple that I suspected, this page will show you all your subscribed threads: www.abovetopsecret.com... At this point, when you respond to a thread, you automatically are subscribed to the thread.

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
That'll work, I suppose.

top topics

join