It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chanelling & Wishfull Thinking.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
People who claim to CHANEL ..I don't know who coined the phrase..and people who follow or believe in this as a valid practice. I would like to know on what basis they formulate their paradigm or belief structure. Granted conventional organized religion can be described as an invisible friend for grown ups..George Carlin was far more erudite than I on this subject. I would like to know the five W's..WHO taught your world view to you...HOW was this view validated in your own life. WHEN you started on a path that led you to base your spiritual outlook on the babbling coherent or not of a person who claims to be an ascended master or alien from another galaxy. WHAT are your logical thought processes that brought you to your belief.
Why do you believe that a an advanced being would communicate through an individual rather than appearing in person..or via a technological medium.
I have lots of questions and very few answers, by all means you metaphysicians out there batter up and take a swing.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SUNRAY06

I am more on the wishful thinking side. Has never been proof that this works or that it is even possible.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
edit asdasd adelete

[edit on 16-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
My girlfriend has started to what might be termed as 'channeling' within the last 12 months or so.

She appears to be able to channel by focusing, but also the 'entity' can communicate directly through her whether it be writing or even speech. They have complete control of her physically.

Most of the time after she does this, she has no recollection of any of it occurring. The first couple of times she did not believe me until I showed her a recording of her doing it.

Initially it started via a visual (perhaps dream state). Then SMS's direct to me from this entity, then I saw her send the SMS in this state (very strange).

Then to MSN, and later writing and speech.

People will tell me I am full of it, but it all happened. Care not what skeptics have to say. We don't even completely know what to make of it yet to be honest.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
What sorts of things does she say while channelling?

After reading the books by Abraham I am less sceptical than I used to be about all of this :-)

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
What sorts of things does she say while channelling?

After reading the books by Abraham I am less sceptical than I used to be about all of this :-)

It really depends on the question, rather than what specifically she says. Rarely does she say things out of the blue, it is more when she is relaxed I am able to ask questions if the entity is present (or willing to converse with me).

Sometimes she goes into what I might describe as a 'direct' channel mode, whereby the entity is in complete control. This is normally via written or typed medium although there has been vocal.

When she 'channels' through this direct style, she has no recollection of anything said whatsoever. She does not even have recollection of talking/writing at all.

When she 'channels' through an indirect style (always vocal), she has memories of talking to me, but she remembers very little detail of what was said, or the questions that were asked.

This entity has not given a lot of details of what he is, only that is he sees things from a different perspective or reality (dimension perhaps).

I have asked him many questions, including about the infamous 2012. His response to this particular question was interesting. It was along the lines of..
"...something significant will happen around 2012, but from your perspective nothing will appear to have changed..."

He however, will not answer every question I present to him.

The very interesting thing about all this starting, was my girlfriend had not been exposed to this kind of thing before. The entity at first was channeling information that my girlfriend had no way of knowing, because she had never researched any of it. I had done quite a lot of research over the years and the information he was giving us was stuff that I had read, but my girlfriend had never entertained.

It is very interesting, and we are still taking a very cautious approach to it all.

I should also mention that most of the 'vocal' comes from a female entity, from direct questioning. The writing comes from a male entity, mainly direct questioning. They claim to be one being of a female and male aspect.

They have also claimed that we are what has been termed in this world as 'twin souls/twin flames' (different from soul mates).

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What kinds of questions do you ask? Is there any way to quantify or prove anything. I'm just curious about what the nature of this conversation is.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Is your girlfriend channeling someone famous when she asks you for money?
What about when you ask her where shes been or something does she go into a channeling trance and famous spirits speak through her?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oscitate
What kinds of questions do you ask? Is there any way to quantify or prove anything. I'm just curious about what the nature of this conversation is.

There is no way to prove anything (not yet anyway). I can show you chat transcripts (msn) where they way she types changes completely.

I ask questions about life, the universe and our place in it really. They don't tell me much, and I am not sure whether they are telling me the truth or are telling me what I 'need' to know.

Over this weekend things have changed a little though.
The story they have claimed thus far, is that my girlfriend and I are twin souls in our last incarnation. We need to join whilst on earth, and according to them, this has never happened before.

This weekend has been interesting though, with my girlfriend finally cracking (against their wishes) and telling me more than I should know.
They claim that for some unknown reason, they are unable to provide me with the information I require. Therefore, every few nights she has to 'transfer' information she receives for me, directly to me.
This is making her energy deficient and very tired. Also sick.

This all sounds very hard to believe I know, but this is where I am up to.
I have to go to work now, but I will try and provide some chat transcripts later and perhaps if I can find some answers to questions I have asked.

Please no flaming. I am telling you how it is, and I have no way to prove what is going on. It just is.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Is your girlfriend channeling someone famous when she asks you for money?
What about when you ask her where shes been or something does she go into a channeling trance and famous spirits speak through her?

She does not channel 'ghostly' type spirits. She appears to channel a group of multi dimensional beings.

What I have been told is to think of earth as a school, and they are our soul family of sorts.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I find this sort of phenomena interesting since it would tie in a lot of different fields. Meditation and hypnosis, "ghosts" and spirits and of course examples such as the above. There are many different examples and claims of humans behaving as mediums for other forces, call them what you will.

I'm interested.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by realist00

Is this still occurring? Her being drained and sick should be a concern. I would advise not believing what they tell you. Do you know what happened to start this communication? Is your girlfriend into any occult practice, astrology, crystals, etc? Did she actively seek to channel something? This deeply concerns me. PM me for more info, if you want my opinions in depth on this issue.

new topics

top topics

join