It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what do you believe and why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So I've just joined up here, I've been lurking for a while but I finally decided to begin trying to find my own truth after the whole 14th mess.

So firstly I'd like to say "Hey" to everybody here.

So my topic subject. My question to you is about your beliefs and why. Do you believe that UFOs and extraterrestrial life exists? What is your view and why? What kind of extraterrestrial life do you believe in? How deep do you believe?

I know how easy it can be for a topic like this to turn into a flame war, so please try to keep any harsh comments to yourself.

I'll get the topic rolling with an example.

My own view is that UFOs and extraterrestrial life do exist. I believe that the Alien life forms each have their own self awareness and consciousness much like our own. I simply believe they're like us only smarter, more advanced and less destructive. I also believe that visit us plenty in their crafts, and that governments are indeed covering this up.

My reasoning is that throughout history there are reports and sightings. Right back to the time of the Mayans there were reports, and then throughout history. There are reports of people being abducted, I recall one story of a man being abducted, and when he went for hypnosis he recalled it all. Whether this is legit or not I'm not sure, so don't take it for fact because my memory is sucky. There are reports of sightings, videos, photos, witness accounts. Theres the disclosure project for one, which has a number of ex high ranking military officials claiming that they know UFOs exist and that some of them have indeed seen bodies and had proof.

There cannot be smoke without fire right?

And then theres the NASA videos where UFOs have been sighted, theres one on liveleak titled "Missle Strike At UFO" which is a nasa video that is convincing.

So come on guys help me get started on my quest for truth, what are your views?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
In my case I believe that extraterrestrial life exists. No doubt. Intelligent life? Less chance but sure. Tool using intelligent life? Rarer but still highly probable. As far as UFOs visiting this world? I'm sorta on the fence on this. I don't see enough convincing verifiable proof yet but I'm sure that SOMETHING is going on. One thing that I do however do is study. Learn from both the unexplained and the hoaxes as well. I simply don't feel that I know enough to make some sort of decision as of yet. In the meantime, I try to dig for facts, separate wheat from chaff and overall try to add to what is known. One thing I always, however much I think that I might know, keep in mind is that I could be wrong and adjust accordingly.

By the way, welcome to ATS!

I hope that your stay is a pleasant one.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Thanks, I feel I'll learn alot being here and be able to collect enough data to make a stable view on whether aliens exist or not, or at least enough to give myself peace of mind.

Have you seen the disclosure project video? It's pretty good concerning UFOs.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharnonymous
Thanks, I feel I'll learn alot being here and be able to collect enough data to make a stable view on whether aliens exist or not, or at least enough to give myself peace of mind.

Unfortunately my net connection is pretty much dial-up speeds. Downloading it right now but according to my system it will take 17 hours to download the high quality version. yes, I could probably download the low quality one but I try to keep on my system things for future study and try to go for high quality if possible.

Never know when it'll come in handy.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Welcome Khar!

Glad you chose this site...

To the OP:

Well, in my mind intelligent life in the universe is prevalent...I doubt there is universal community and we're not on the invite list, but we have some time to go before we find ourselves worthy of "Their" time...

I hope it happens while I'm still standing, but if not, hopefully it's quite a show!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson

Originally posted by Kharnonymous

Unfortunately my net connection is pretty much dial-up speeds. Downloading it right now but according to my system it will take 17 hours to download the high quality version. yes, I could probably download the low quality one but I try to keep on my system things for future study and try to go for high quality if possible.

Never know when it'll come in handy.

It's on google videos! No need to download.

If you go on google and type in "The Disclosure Project - Two-hour Disclosure Witness Testimony" it comes up. It's the first 2 videos which pop up, part 1 and part 2. It's 2 hours long but it's worth it.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well I figure that once I have it on my system I can give it my full undivided attention. Besides, one thing that I've discovered is my system (due to bandwidth issues) when watching u-tube videos (or google videos) , it well, stutters. Plays for about 5-10 seconds at best and then sits and loads for a while and then continues. So if I were to watch it on u-tube, I couldn't pay full attention.

Besides, I'm well known amongst my friends as a man who has massive amounts of patience.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Deson]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I believe that intelligent extraterrestrial life is likely. If they exist, I assume they have their own vehicles. Whether or not they have ever visited our planet, I don't know.

Due to the overwhelming number of reports, I would agree that there are unidentified things flying around in our skies. However, I think that it is just about impossible to prove that these objects are not produced by terrestrial technologies (created by our governments, a genius in his basement, etc.). I think that a terrestrial creation is the most likely scenario. I am reluctant to accept the idea that UFOs are from outer space, but I agree that plenty of people are seeing them.

[edit on 15/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperplanes
I believe that intelligent extraterrestrial life is likely. If they exist, I assume they have their own vehicles. Whether or not they have ever visited our planet, I don't know.

Due to the overwhelming number of reports, I would agree that there are unidentified things flying around in our skies. However, I think that it is just about impossible to prove that these objects are not produced by terrestrial technologies (created by our governments, a genius in his basement, etc.). I think that a terrestrial creation is the most likely scenario. I am reluctant to accept the idea that UFOs are from outer space, but I agree that plenty of people are seeing them.

[edit on 15/10/08 by paperplanes]

I agree that there must be objects flying around in our skies too. The only thing which makes me believe that they're from space is the talk of aliens and roswell etc. However we have no solid proof, it's awful. I'm sure that if they're flying about and the government knows this, they could contact them if they really wanted to.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Listen. I fully agree with the point there is no smoke without fire. I don't think there is anyone reading any of these posts that doesn't want some form of disclosure of some kind. But although it is beyond any reasonable doubt that we are not alone in the grand scheme of things i dont think any one of us on this planet are EVER going to get proof. Simple as that mon ami

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hi there and welcome, im new here also.

Anyway I do believe theres intelligent life out there. Whether its here or not I cant really be convinced on way or the other. Its a position of deep frustration.

Im fairly certain organisations like NASA and governments dont want us to know either way. I dont really like being treated like a mushroom at any level (kept in the dark and fed on #) which is basically what we have right now.

With all the sats now orbiting earth there should have been independant camera feed footage publically available long ago and it seriouslt irks me that our suited and booted masters deny people such things.

The more research into it is stamped down and frowned upon the more im inclined to believe someone already knows. If they have nothing they dont want us to see why be so #ing clandestine about it.

Ill go back to the NASA footage which I believe was 2000 or 2001 when NASA launched a shuttle and we had a live broadcast, in that live broadcast there was a "UFO" seen trailing the shuttle out from Earth. It was in all the papers and covered by all the mainstream media. Since that moment NASA closed the doors on any live or undoctored images and it bugs the living # out of me.

If serious UFO study groups could pool together the resources to get a cam up on one of the many sats which are launched and there was publically viewable IR and standard footage to pool over im pretty sure the picture would be much clearer.

Im very open minded but I really dislike the idea of governments telling me what I can and cant see and deciding which phenomenon is or isnt something im worthy of seeing, just gets right on my nerves. If a brain dead politician can access such information, god knows why normal intelligent people cant.

For now im like everyone else, stuck sifting through the quagmire of false videos, blurry images, disinformation and BS trying to fathom out somehow whats true and whats not. As I said, the more its oppressed from study the more I suspect the motivations for it.

If there was trully nothing to see then why hide all the footage and information and release only the pre doctored snippits to the world?

Right now there are cameras galore filimg earths orbit, moon orbits, mars orbits and yet none of the footage is available to the public in any shape or form, # you cant even pay to access it. Whats the big secret? I want to look out the window, if theres nothing there fine, but the more people tell me I cant look the more im going to ask what they are trying to hide.

Id like to believe, id like to find proof but the incredibly dull people who rule this planet arent going to allow me to decide for myself. Im sure plenty of people share that frusutration i guess.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Id like to believe, id like to find proof but the incredibly dull people who rule this planet arent going to allow me to decide for myself. Im sure plenty of people share that frusutration i guess.

here here my friend i guess we will never know

edit to give you the main man in this science

michio
mkaku.org...

[edit on 15-10-2008 by wellsybelieves]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I believe none of us in the general public really know what's going on.

I also believe there are enough of us in places like this that if we ALL pooled our resources, thoroughly investigated the subject with a certain level of constructive criticism (aka weeded out all the bull#), educated others and used the internet to spread awareness of cases where more public scrutiny is required (Stephenville, hello) - we could create an environment where the UFO phenomenon has to be taken very seriously in the mainstream - and perhaps one day force the truth to come out.

I also believe we waste so much of our time arguing over our beliefs that this will probably never happen.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I also agree with you Squared, but that's not really what I'm asking lol.

And I agree about none us really knowing what's going on, I believe the government knows a whole ton more of stuff. Reports of people on area 51 and the disclosure project files.

I'd say it's certain the government knows more than they let on.

[edit on 16/10/2008 by Kharnonymous]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The truth is we lack the resource.

Theres god knows how many commercial, police, civilian and military aircraft in the skis and yet on any given night in most places you can stand in the open and look up and see nothing for hours.

Given how relatively few alien craft there would be assuming they are flying around it really nails down how hard it is for ground observation.

What the field needs is access to footage from orbital cams which are running 24/7 watching the Earths orbit. Obviously theres an abundance of such footage and we "joe public" arent likely to get access to that until hell freezes over.

If some rich billionaire with a UFO interest paid for some cameras to be installed on some of the new sats getting launched every year and made all the footage publically avaiable im pretty sure we would make huge leaps in this field of interest. Question is would the suits allow it to happen? Im not so sure, they have done a pretty fine job of making sure we dont have access to that sort of footage and I dont see them changing tact any time soon.

Its sad and frustrating. On the one hand NASA say theres nothing to see and yet on the other hand the gazzillion hours of earth orbit, moon, mars and space footage they have is securely locked away. It would cost them nothing to release it all to public interest and since there nothing to see why would they care?

They could even charge a fee for it and make money off it, instead they hoard it all away in banks of classified data. Why?

I get the impression they just dont want me to see.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kharnonymous

I know that's not what you were really asking - I just used it as a segue to get on my soapbox for a minute

p.s. welcome to ATS!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by silver6ix
What the field needs is access to footage from orbital cams which are running 24/7 watching the Earths orbit. Obviously theres an abundance of such footage and we "joe public" arent likely to get access to that until hell freezes over.

See I'm not sure if we really do need that, I think we just need more joe-public awareness first.

If enough people educated themselves about the Rendlesham Forest incident for example, where someone physically touched a UFO and a group of others watched them "shoot" beams at their feet - the only real explanation in that case is that someone is lying - either the government or the witnesses - and who the heck ever believes the government?

If this case made it into the court of public perception people would demand answers if they really understood the implications. Then there could be an all-out uproar about what's really being seen on those cameras.

We live in an age where these cases no longer need to be filtered through mainstream media - where you can reach out to a million people just by starting a facebook group. But we need a focused and cohesive effort to get them out there, so they don't just get lost in all the Blossom Goodchild crapola instead.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Nobody trusts the government or military or NASA because "lies and bull#" are the standard practice on this and all other matters.

Question is does anyone trust Joe Public either. As the BG incident highlights more and more members of Joe Public are just as untrustworthy. The whole subject of UFO studied is boxed in on both sides, official lies and public lies, the turht itself is hidden in amongst it all somewhere but every year finding it becomes harder and harder.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
There are actually two parts to your question:

1. Do you believe in ET life.

2. Do you believe it has ever visited the Earth.

I think many people combine them into a single thing, which clearly they are not. I myself believe the Universe is probably filled with all manner of lifeforms, but that is purley my own belief and their is no evidence to support it at this time.

I do not at this moment in time, see any evidence to support the notion that ETs have visited Earth. What does not help matters is the fact that the UFO and the so called alien abduction field is filled with so many delusional and fradulant people, that anyone who really wants to search for reliable witnesses is automatically hindered by all the rubbish that swamp this area.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
in my opinion, the odds are too far in favor of some form of life to exist outside this planet.

i would love to believe that there were an intelligent race of creatures who are similar to us in some ways and in others, quite different but i simply don't have the evidence i need to come to a proper conclusion about it.

i'm a bit of a skeptic most of the time when it comes to people claiming to speak with or see creatures such as this since i have no proof to go on other than hearsay. it seems most people cry wolf so third-party tales of wonder don't hold much weight for me. i am, however, very open-minded and love to consider the possibilities at great length. i enjoy reading and hearing about other peoples experiences even if i can never fully believe them without solid proof.

as far as if beings have visited here, i cannot have an opinion since i do not know if they even exist in the first place and i don't put faith in maybes, no matter how firm. i will even admit that in the loosest sense, i have seen what i would describe as a UFO on a few occasions but when it comes down to it i simply do not know what it was. i was a child at the time and memories aren't always what really happened.

well that pretty much sums it up lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join