It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas prices are getting lower

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
We must realize that nothing new has happened between now and then. If anything, with the value of our dollar and the tensions between Israel and Iran still, as always heating up... The prices should still be steadily climbing.

What we're looking at here is the irrefutable proof of market manipulation.

We could have been paying $2.80 this whole time.

And we're still sitting here with our # in our hands, all smiling faces about $2.80 a gallon of gasoline.

When will things ever be outrageous? When?... When?!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Don't get too excited I was paying as low as one dollar a gallon in 1998. Now here we are 10 years later and getting excited about three bucks a gallon?

The problem for the oil industry is they got just a little too greedy and now we're going to see cars that don't use oil or get 50-100 mpg within the next couple of years.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I have a couple of questions.

Does anyone know the time line from oil pumped out of the ground to delivery at a gas station? To me it would be fairly quick, as in no more than two weeks.

Second, what was the price of gas last time oil was around $80 a barrel?

Here in Southern Louisiana, the cheapest I have seen is $3.07 and we freaking are producing this stuff locally. I would have expected it to be closer to $2.80 and going down.

I remember earlier in the year, OPEC was blaming speculators for the increase in oil prices, and stated that oil should be around $80 a barrel. Now that it is, they considered an emergency meeting to consider cutting production to keep prices high. I hate the Oil Cartel.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
$2.45 where I live.

It's been that way for about a week.

I wonder how much a barrel of oil costs?

-Lahara

Light, sweet crude closed at $74.54 a barrel today.

FYI, the all time high was $147.27 on July 11.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Depends on where you are. Here in NC we are paying 3rd most in the country right now behind Alaska and Hawaii. Go figure.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Is there any correlation between the states paying the lowest now and swing states or states that favor one candidate heavily? Just wondering.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinktip

yes the oil crooks are trying to help us . it is because we and the world is using a lot less and the demand being less mean this excess oil will be less for a while and remember that when the production of oil goes down the price will go up again.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Petrol prices are falling like a stone world wide . Here in New Zealand from the $2.12 some outlets are now selling Petrol at $1.48 per Litre and this is despite a rise in world Oil prices due to pirates hijacking a Supertanker .

Cheers xpert11 .

[edit on 19-11-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I had to do a double take when I saw 2.35 a few weeks ago. Last time I filled up it was around 3.09. Now I don't drive much but today I filled up for 2.06! If I went a bit out of the way I could have bought it for 1.99/gallon.

Oh, also I'm in Connecticut.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
It's now very easy to find gas at less than $2.00/gallon here in the northeast US. Plenty of stations selling it at $1.93/gal.

So, in the one month since I started this thread, prices have dropped more than $1.00/gallon.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Yes kind of cool,can drive my gas hog more now,I saw 87 going for 2.19 a gal and I'm in California,can fill up my little Scion for 27 dollars way cool

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
If there is a silver lining in the current economic crisis, it it the fact that gas prices are dropping. Up here, the lowest in town is $2.95 for RU.

What are you seeing at the pumps out there?

Ok, try this one on for size...
Who is the only country who seems to be riding out this current economic plunge...whose banking policies pretty much protected it from the mortgage debacle? Why Canada, of course!

And what is bolstering up our economy in spite of the flight of heavy industry...steel, auto... to Asia? Why, the Athabaska Tar Sands!

We have known about the tar sands for years...I was up there in 1975 and they were doing limited extraction. Limited, because it is a very expensive way of getting oil. Only worth your while if the price of crude is way up there.

So, how you gonna bring Canada's economy down commensurate with the rest of the slaughter? Why you depress the price of gasoline!!

Today's Toronto Star, one column, page 3, "Alberta's Big Boom Going Bust". I got gas for $.80/litre (you do the math).

This depresssion/recession is an artificial construct to raid the middle class boomers of a hell of a lot of wealth...mostly based upon real estate. Even during our recent election, Steve-o opined that this would be a good time to buy stock. Idiot just can't keep a secret.

And that's why I'm not jumping for joy over cheap gas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join