It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Stocked Up Yet? Time Is Running Out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Sucks to be american atm..lol

Sucks even more to be a 3rd world country..

Oh, hang on... aren't those two things the same thing?

Kidding aside.

There plenty of food around.

You just gotto go out and grow it in your garden, or kill it.

When ppl say Oh No's, we sall all starve, it's only the people who lack the ability to go out and fend for themselves.

Leave the big cities & head into the hills & become predators. or stay in the cities because you'd miss your MTV, PC's, Hot baths etc..., and starve (or go Cannibal)..lol

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I am stocking for more than just my family,friends are worth more than gold in hard times

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Well, it's not a REQUIREMENT but we are told we SHOULD have a years supply of food. I don't. AAAGH! :::kicking self:::

I've been working on this though... everytime I've been to Sam's Club, I buy something for food storage.

I haven't read all the posts yet, sorry if this is all repeat..... but some things to think of.

Women's sanitary products
A sewing kit
Water for washing/cleaning purposes
OTC medicines
evaporated milk
propane for lamps/grills

just a few of the items that have been on my list for a while...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Money is really tight right now so im getting a bit worried.... I need to get stocked up.
My grandma ate dandelion leaves during the last depression, so there edible.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I've been telling people about this for YEARS! it started when I developed DoShelp.com in recognition of the 'weakest link' which is the "end user". Who coincidentally does NOT have a million dollar budget to employ a tech to secure them!

Now we're faced with a couple different issues... the need to Hang on to your Gold and the need to prepare for the disaster to come And if people don't take the advice given...well they'll be the victim of their own circumstance won't they!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
First time fror me to post!

One thing not mentioned yet and should be thought about....

TELL NO ONE WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!

DON'T BECOME SOMEONE ELSES TARGET!!

Just a thought

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheInformer
Money is really tight right now so im getting a bit worried.... I need to get stocked up.
My grandma ate dandelion leaves during the last depression, so there edible.

I am in no much better situation than you my friend perhaps worse
...but keep your head up, look on the good side/go out and breath some fresh air/watch Russell Peters show

"For every dark night, there's a brighter day." -
-- Tupac shakur

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shystargazer
First time fror me to post!

One thing not mentioned yet and should be thought about....

TELL NO ONE WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!

DON'T BECOME SOMEONE ELSES TARGET!!

Just a thought

This is the kind of selfish thinking and the root of our crisis - Greed and Selfishness

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerOuterInfinite

Give the guy a break! I wonder how you will feel with 2000 hungry neighbors,i bet you will put to good use that extra toilet paper,wondering the whole time why you are so greedy and selfish.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by all2human]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
There is a device (hand held water purifier) that you can litlerally put into a stream/river, or a puddle or a toilet, and pump the water into a drinking glass and drink away. Now tha's a must have!!!
Also; Spam ,spam and more SPAM!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Hi. Interesting thread. I live in Europe where the gun laws are much tighter. However, with this in mind and the practicalities of obtaining or manufacturing firearms ammunition, I would rely on reusable means of weaponary. By a good crossbow or recurve. Get a powerful hunting slingshot for small game and fowl. Get a fishing rod. Buy a good qulaity hunting knife and folding lock knife.

Go to ann outdoor shop and buy a matchless fire set. And for the home, may I suggest, if budget allows, come off the grid and use solar power, manufacture a solar box cooker (plans can be found at the Mother Earth website). Water filters, or make your own.

I suppose I am lucky as I live in a rural area and there is an abunda´nce of wild life and fruit etc.

Get on the web and look up ebible plants and mushrooms. People 100s of years ago did not have supermarkets and they survived. So can you.

Oh, an additional point. If you have to leave your home, and I hope you do not, be prepared and look up ancient construction methods, roundhouses, teepees and such. They can be made with little effort and skill and are very comfortable.

Johnny Wisemuller's book. The SAS Survival Guide (I think it is called), is full you useful informatiom.

It may never happen but, it just might, one day, so be prepared. It hurts no one and is good for character building. Treat it more as a hobby and it will be more fun.

Good luck to you all.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I have enough stuff to keep me going for awhile. I have a .22 caliber Mosin Nagant with enough ammo to hunt for awhile. I have a mak-90 ak with about 1000 rounds right now. I have a glock 26 with about 500 rounds. I have two slingshots, an air rifle, and an air pistol. The rifle is spring pneumatic. The pistol is pump pneumatic. I have a crap ton of BBs and pellets for them. I have about 50 high quality knives all packed together. I have flint and lighters. Will be adding fire steel and a fire piston to that. I also have gyro crank radios and flashlights, and night vision so I do not need to rely on batteries. I have canned goods stocked up and means for water. I have all of this stuff bagged up and ready to go should I need to bug out.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I would also encourage anyone to get a Mechette.
I just bought a KukriMachetei from Cold Steel
and I love it. They are very inexpensive $30 or so and the thing about kukris is that, as opposed to ther machetes, they can also be used to widdle finer things like arrows or such, because of the design. They can be used like a small pocket knife or, because of the way they are weighted, they are very effective at choipping down WHOLE TREES!
One of the best purchases I have ever made for under $50.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Learn to make basic breads tortillas and biscuits can be made using flour, shortening, baking powder, salt, powdered milk or water. These types of breads are quicker and easier to make than yeast breads and adapt well to dutch ovens or iron skillets. Depending on availability of ingredients muffins, corn bread, hush puppies, pancakes and piecrust are all fairly easy to make using basic staples.

Nothing like bread to fill an empty stomach and it sure makes beans and rice taste better. Besides this is a great thing to know how to do we love bread especially homemade tortillas.

Just remember too that for the old timers and early man fats were vital to a healthy diet, no processed or fast food. So don't forget the shortening/lard/oil or save bacon grease.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I also, (with my new machete) cut down a young sappling, skinned the brances and bark, and with a little bit of string, Made a bow.
I am now fairly good with it and have killed my first squrril. He was good!
I am not so good yet with making arrows but I will learn. Untill then it is store bought arrows and B.B. guns!!!!!!!Never under estimate a good B.B. gun.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
interesting thread. it is prudent to stock up a bit but there is no way anyone can be fully prepared for what is to come. All the plans you may be making will go down the toilet when things really kick off.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
maybe you should read this other thread
i think it may have some relevancethread

hoard what you like they'll take it away if they want to

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
if you live in any areas with wild turkeys, take a 55 gallon bucket, with the lid on, and put a little bit of grain on the lid...turkeys will roost on it and eat the grain. after 3 days or so, take the lid off and put the grain in the bucket. the turkey will fly in but be unable to fly out. Probly wanna secure it with stakes to the ground.

Find an old log with a knot hole. drop butter in to the hole. run 4 or 5 nails in an inverted cone through the log and stop them just a bout an inch from the butter. make sure the hole produced from the points is only about a half inch wide. Coons will come up, and stick their hand in to grab the butter...and they will not let go, plus they will get stuck by the nails. come back daily until you get one..and do it in the early morning cause they will bite through their leg to get free...and thats a terrible thing to do to an animal..but ya gotta survive right>

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Stocked. Closet full of dry goods (pasta, rice, cereals) and paper goods (esp the almighty toilet paper). Lots of bottled water (good for 2 yrs). Tons of canned goods. I froze items from the garden as well as meat in the deep freezer downstairs. I can make bread from scratch (and by hand). Actually took some cash out of the bank - a rarity for me, since I use debit card always. Got tons of lead thanks to the husband. Probably will go to Sam's Club again this weekend to stock up more. We get alot of snow in the winter, so regardless of the reason, it's good to have 3+ months food supply on hand anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join