learn more

Are You Stocked Up Yet? Time Is Running Out

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by trthskr
I have been slowly stock piling food and water. I have been talking to people to inform them. I think most people think I am crazy...I don't care. If you plant the seed it will grow.

Then you had better get enough food for who you are telling because they will simply show up at your house. It happened to me 911. I later moved and now they do not know where I live. Yet they still do not prepare.
Its what you dont want to know that can hurt you. I agree keep trying to get the word out, its all we can do.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have no stocks, I am leaving my fate to the winds of change, such as it is. When the collapse comes I will be out in the streets barking like a dog and waving my arms like a chicken and havingh the time of my no-doubt-soon-to-be-ended life.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Look whats happening here. Come on people some of us started storing years ago and its still scary. You never are fully prepared I always need something.
Thinking of storing food and reading all the posts about what some have done can be overwhelming for those that have not even started. I can see maybe to the point that some will not try. Time seems short all is happening so fast in the world. Money is tight and so why try.
WHY TRY_-Because its not just you involved its loved ones, children, spouces, grandparents, Parents who wont store food or cant even assimilate how to.
Go to Costco or sams club buy a 25 lb bag of rice or start with 5 lbs from the market. Instructions are on the bag, buy a metal trash can put the rice in it keep it in your house until the can is full of items like beans, first aid kit, radio and stuff you need on a emergency checklist available online just search google. Then masking tape it shut and try to store it in a place that is not real hot during summer. Just start its not to late. Whenever you go to a store Pick something up a can of corn or chilli or pasta for your pantry(whatever). I do suggest a water purification system Berky is best in my opinion but I also have water purification pills and clorox works a few drops in a plastic pepsi bottle you have filled with water. I have these out in my garage the same ones over 8 years and are still good.
Just start spend what you can afford and then guess what happens if something happens ? You feel like you did something to make it better than it would be if you did nothing for your family.
Help me out here people.. Encouragement.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

This is no longer fantasy. This is reality.

Nah, it's fantasy.

After fighting through the non-existant earthquakes (fictitious thread #1 - massive earthquakes predicted), and then after drawing cash out from my Bank of America account that was supposed to be unavailable (fictitious thread #2 - banking system to close down) only to arrive at my herein predicted empty convenience store I was met by........

..............aisles and aisles of food, most of it going down in price.

These EOTWAWKI threads are getting old.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
How does someone like me prepare? I have little finances, I live in an apartment, and the only thing I own is a car.

How can I prepare? I wish I owned acres of land in the middle of nowhere with a cabin and bunker, but I don't.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
We just started prepping again after going through our supplies a couple of years ago. I try to buy a little extra everytime I go to the store. Even if it is only a dollar or two. I figure every little bit makes a difference. At one time we had a years supply of everything but some things happened which caused a need to use them. I am so greatful they were there for our use. Now we are starting from scratch.
I know some find it impossible to get started but just buying an extra can or two at a time helps. Store it under the bed if you have to. Everything we buy we eat. I can not think of anything but the beans that we don't eat on a normal basis and we would if we had to.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Really?

I just happen to be in logistics and shipping/receiving.

I am in Tacoma Washington right now... In fact I am sitting right near the Port of Tacoma... I read this post and started asking around (people actually in the business) and it is Sunday mind you!

According to those who should know exports and imports are at a near all time high!... They are loading/unloading a HUGH freight container ship yards from where I am, there are several other ships docked loading/unloading, I took a picture of one to prove it and uploaded it just now.

(Sorry it is as close as I can get, for now)

Full size image: files.abovetopsecret.com...

There are at least 200 trucks parked with outbound goods as well.

I'll see if I can find out more specifics tomorrow... But this place is busy.. And it's Sunday!

BTW... those of you worried about food... How many tons would you like and where would you like it delivered??

I'm sure I can make it happen while I am here!

I am just not seeing anything in the shipping industry to worry about at this time.... In fact we have been surprisingly busy!

[edit on 22-2-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

How's things going there less than a month later?

I looked up Port of Tacoma and found:

Major imports include automobiles, electronics, and toys, while major exports include grain, forest products, and agricultural products. Based on tonnage, the port's largest export is grain (corn and soybeans) that come into the port by rail from the Midwest.

Ask your friends who work there, how much is going out vs coming in these days, would ya? And ask them how the same traffic was last year

The News sure isn't good
Not good at all

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Actually, it has EVERYTHING to do with what we are discussing. Groceries are shipped from the warehouse to the store VIA TRUCK. Shutting down the trucks shuts down delivery. Are you SURE you really WORK for a food supplier? How could you not understand that?

We operate our own fleet of over 1,000 vehicles and since this garbage thread was posted our suppliers are noticing increased food volume available because of reduced demand.

The government has also imposed a federal order protecting the market price of various food products, cheese most recently I am told.

There is more food right now than they know what to do with, and prices are going through the floor, we are seeing steep deflation of our inventory pricing.

In other words, this thread is not only untrue, it is alleging the exact opposite of what is actually happening.

Nice job

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I have no stocks, I am leaving my fate to the winds of change, such as it is. When the collapse comes I will be out in the streets barking like a dog and waving my arms like a chicken and havingh the time of my no-doubt-soon-to-be-ended life.

I'm with you. In the worst-case-scenario, I'm screwed. Unemployed, broke, and on the brink of homeless. While the looters are grabbing all of the booze and cigarettes from the liqour store, I'll sneak in and snag some ramen.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

As much as it pains me to do so... I agree, not good at all.

Shipping is down... a lot!

Not just import/export but goods being 'shipped' in country via truck or rail... WAY DOWN.

Things are changing so rapidly now its hard to keep up with.

I personally hate watching all of this happen, a lot of really good people have lost jobs, more every day.

I suppose my optimism and what I seen at that time on that day when I posted what I did was accurate for only a very brief time, perhaps a last rush to get what they could in/out.

You don't need stats to see what is happening anymore, all anyone need do is drive through the industrial area of any major city.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This isn't a nuclear holocaust...It's a shortage maybe and theres shipping issues but there will always be food...People know how to catch fish, plant plants...You're preparing short-term but what happends when you run out?

It would cost thousands of dollars for a month supply of food, possibly even millions for years! It's impossible to prepare. Im not saying don't stock up but it is fear mongering to say get food now before its too late. There will always be food somewhere. The world just won't die of hunger.

Roll with the punches. Embrace whats to come because you can't run away from the inevitable. Your only going to stall it with however much food you prepare.

Hopefully if anything happens, its short-term because long term would be an extermination of our race (even though I'm sure obviously the rich and people of power will be fine :mad

I believe its MUCH MORE important to stock up on ammo and weapons instead. If the worlds crumbling, you better believe that people will not go down silently.

[edit on 3/5/2009 by AceOfAces]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm in the group that buys a little extra every time we go to the store. I try to date my goods and make sure that I rotate my food inventory. I only buy what we currently consume. It's just that now, we have more of everything.

We raise chickens for eggs. We'll be planting a big garden just for the fun of it. If we produce more than we consume, my friends and neighbors will benefit from my garden.

I planted three more fruit trees recently. I'm looking at getting a few more because we have plenty of space.

I'm not planning on a disaster, I'm just being prepared. The more people are prepared, should there be a localized disaster, the better off everyone will be.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join