It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Stocked Up Yet? Time Is Running Out

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WizardVanWizard
Btw, where are all my fellow..."plant enthusiasts
"....with their indoor growing wizardry? hehehe

Hydroponics build a small insulated shed with grow lights and hydroponic tanks... Grow stuff all year and maybe get a NASA grant to study food growing for Moon colonies

[edit on 16-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUMDUMONKEY
personally i dont believe anything will happen, this is the same crap that gets posted week in and week out ...guys its happening stock up and blah blah blah.., obviously others will disagree..buts lets see i will apologise to everyone if im wrong, personally i think NOTHING will come of this...this is a conspiracy site after all right???wasnt there gonna be a meltdown of the world currency a week ago and last month, and last year ...

You really think there is no meltdown happening? Are you aware at all of what is going on - on Wall Street?

First, let's take a look at the one-year performance of the three major equity indices in the U.S.the,:

DJIA
S&P 500 and:
NASDAQ.

Starting with the venerable Dow Jones Industrial Average, found at this link:

Ouch. Even the dumbest, blindest sheeple can't ignore this

...we are able to compute the following:

One-Year Loss: 5300 points

Percent Loss: 40%

Next, we turn to the S&P 500, which of course is a much broader index than the DJIA.

And what has the S&P done during the previous year? Well, let's see:

Oh, just collapsed worse than the DJIA

...from which we can deduce the following:

One-Year Loss: 643 points

Percent Loss: 41%

Finally, we look at that bastion of "Sheeple Gambler Paradise", the NASDAQ.

How has this Dream Making Machine fared over the last fifty-two weeks?

Here's your answer:

NASDAQ: The ultimate "Roach Motel"

...which translates to:

One-Year Loss: 1233 points

Percent Loss: 43%

Either you have no savings, never worked for a company that offered a 401K (or invested in it), or you are still wearing rose colored glasses thinking that life as usual is not changing, and at MACH speed.

We are IN A CRASH folks, Wake UP!

Like the motto of ATS says, Deny Ignorance

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
All of this advice is very common sense type and very good at that. I'm wondering when you all think this coming crisis will occur?

My contribution to this thread is that I've recently learned how to make homemade pasta. It's really easy, once you get the hang of it.
Maybe I should get a few laying hens.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thank You. Great Info.
I am someone new to the "stockpiling".

I can't imadgine rubbing honey on a wound.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by E-ville

That is why it steams me to see posts where people say it can't happen here. CLUE TO THEM- IT DID HAPPEN HEAR, and IT CAN AGAIN.
I for one, will not take the chance that my children and grandchildren will starve. We're prepared to feed them all for quite awhile.

Good post.

ProfEmeritus,

Exactly, and it does not have to be this type of situation (Economic/NWO take over) it can be Hurricane, flood and how many of those poor people in CALF had B.O.B,s at the ready when that widfire rolled in or a preplanned destination? That is why you plan its not a game and its not looney tunes. Get ready for the worst and live your life normally!!

Cheers

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by WizardVanWizard
Btw, where are all my fellow..."plant enthusiasts
"....with their indoor growing wizardry? hehehe

Hydroponics build a small insulated shed with grow lights and hydroponic tanks... Grow stuff all year and maybe get a NASA grant to study food growing for Moon colonies

[edit on 16-10-2008 by zorgon]

(Elbows zorgon, not to hard with that sword hes got
) Also solar powered

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

Hello in reply to what foods are edible. The best book I have found is the books by Tom Brown "The Tracker". He learned his skills from an old Apache Called Grandfather along with his grandson. They teach an amazing array of skills that you never see in any other survival book. For instance, did you know that water can be collected in the morning with a rag or sponge from dew covered plants. The Apache got most of their water this way. 2 people can collect 25 gallons in an hour. There are also four survival foods everyone should know. 1 the tender stems of grass. 2 pine trees.you can boil the leaves for a vitamin C rich tea, peel the white inner bark which you can eat raw or dry & crush into a nutritious flour, & of course pine nuts which are a delicacy. 3 Acorns, which most types have tannic acid in them which makes them very bitter, but if you crush the nuts & boil them in 2 or 3 changes of water they eat like peanuts & you can make them into flour. Acorns incidentally have more nutrition & protein than a comparable amount of burger. & 4 Cattails, the most useful of plants. You can eat the tender bulbs that grow in the spring on the bottom which are very tasty, you can use the tails as tinder or insulation or cushioning, you can use the stem for arrows, fire drills & many other things & the leaves can be used for baskets, mats, cordage. These things you can find most anywhere.
Also a 3 foot stick is the first & still superb rabbit killing throwing hunting tool. just find a stick & you can whittle it into a more flat shape so it flys better & just practice throwing it at everything as you travel.
Shelter, Watch a squirrel make a nest from leaves twigs & fluff. The debris hut is the best, safest, easiest to build, warmest most snug & dry shelter you can make.
Check him out.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by uplander

If commercial credit and the ever lacking Letter of Credit do not start to be flowing in the next 2 weeks, it is very possible we could see at least a 1 month supply shortage.

If the credit freeze continues past the next 2 weeks, it is possible that the shortages will continue until 2 weeks AFTER the credit unfreezes.

Why 2 weeks? because that is how long it takes to fill the empty supply line if we let it go down. Which is also why we might really feel a crunch in 2 weeks too, if we can't keep the products coming in, the supply line starts drying up.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
How should I go about telling my parents this? I think they might think I'm a little cooky if I tell them to start stocking up. Any ideas? XD

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I thought I read on Money.com that the credit markets were finally "thawing" a bit. Anybody know if this is true or not?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by panda319

Glenn Beck has 3 letters he shared with his family about this entire economic crisis, what is to come, and what his family should do to prepare.

Perhaps using his writings as your talking points, it takes the pressure of you and on him, so you're not forced to defend your opinions.

www.GlennBeck.com

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

On the walstreet journal radio show they said they had not come back up yet. Thats the only thing I heard.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
nobody know if it is going to happened or not
but I tihnk that is better to prepare oneself,
Our world is a chaos and politicians dont do what they must do
so we are who suffer the consequences
:dn

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Soap Box Minute soooo pls excuse:

One of my pet peeves on this whole tangled ball of yarn issssssss values and education and I am not labeling everyone.

A lot of kids today do not learn traditional values or skills. They play video games and do not learn how to plant a tomato plant or make a wooden box to hold something. They watch a lot of bad movies/tv shows and internet garbage (edit: sorry not this site or the people on it!), but don't read a good book.

Its all buy buy buy credit credit credit, not earn that money save put away and buy what you can afford.

Growing up bringing in crops and humping canning goods for my mom or helping dad turn legs on the lathe, I was like can't I just go and play? I am so glad I didn't and I love them for it and tell em all the time

Sorry for the rant and I actually kept it short!

[edit on 16-10-2008 by thiscountryboycansurvive]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
rice, dry beans, peanut butter, flour and corn meal... These five foods will keep you healthy and stronge.

Also remember WATER! Boil it.. out of a river, from rain cans on your roof or out of the ground from those wet areas you remember from your childhood (dig the ground, the water will fill up the hole).

Even if stores dont run out there will come a time you need a food supply. Stock up now and you and your family will be healthy and strong.

There is a fight ahead, let us be ready

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Generator:

Get a small generator and a few gallons of fuel... always good to have... only a couple hundred dollars for a good one...

Good list. I've been pondering what to do about electricity. I'm leaning toward constructing a small solar powered charging system to run LED lights, and charge AA batteries and such. I think solar is a better way to go because its silent. Generators make a lot of noise and will attract unwanted attention. I remember having a power outage and running the generator for days. Neighbors started coming over asking for power. Generators during power outages are a beacon..In the case it gets real bad, I think silence will be preferred.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

If you look around on the internet you can find battery packs to run refrigerators and more, that are rechargeable by solar panels. There are kits starting around 600 bucks.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is a very Productive thread. Even if your in denial about an economic collapse; how can you deny that it's a bad idea to be prepared.

Those who don't prepare will be sorely miserable when the time comes.

So after coming across this thread I decided to do a little searching myself and I came up with a few useful web links.

Aside from the obvious food & water, I think it's crucial to have a little medical knowledge just in case you no longer have access to hospitals. That way in case you get injured; you can tend to that injury or the injury of a family or friend.

You do not necessarily need to go out and buy a bunch of bottled water either. If you have access to water right now, you can boil it on the stove top which sterilizes; so that you can drink it. So really all you need to worry about is containers to keep it in.

www.simplesurvival.net...

www.cheaperthandirt.com...

www.thinkgeek.com...://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/a119/

I also highly recommend anything solar powered. In case there is a power outage. If there is a mass scale power outage; hopefully the hospital's will start setting up Mash like tents; but rest assured if this does occur; they will lined up down the street

www.thinkgeek.com...
www.thinkgeek.com...

energybillstoday.com... XtrJYCFQRhswodsGJGyA

www.foodservicedirect.com...

www.patriotfood.com...

I hope these links prove to be helpful. It's more than worth considering.
I'd hate to see people starving; death from infection and so on because they didn't prepare.

www.wikihow.com...://www.cybertrn.demon.co.uk/atomic/shelters/main.htm

Medical Information...
CPR: www.youtube.com...
Care for a Choking Child:
www.youtube.com...

www.thinkgeek.com...

CPR: www.youtube.com...
Stop Bleeding: www.youtube.com...

I also recommend learning the basic's of stitching up wounds. Although I couldn't find a video for this.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thiscountryboycansurvive

Exactly! In fact, one other event which, according to scientists is just a matter of time, is the impact of a medium size meteor or comet, such as the one that hit Tunguska, Russia exactly 100 years ago, in 1908:

Almost a century ago, on June 17 (30), 1908, a massive explosion occurred near the Podkamennaya Tunguska River, in what is now Russia's Krasnoyarsk Territory, Central Siberia.

The residents of the Vanavara trading post, 65 kilometers (40 miles) south of the blast site, later claimed that the ground trembled violently when attacked by a huge ball of fire, followed by a terrible storm that destroyed everything in its wake.

The explosion was most likely caused by the airburst of a large meteoroid or comet fragment at an altitude of 5-10 kilometers (3-6 miles) from the Earth's surface. Studies have yielded varying estimates for the object's size, with most experts agreeing that it measured several dozen meters in diameter.

Estimates of the energy of the blast range from 5 megatons to as high as 30 megatons of TNT, with 10-15 megatons being the most likely yield. The blast, about 1,000 times more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb, felled an estimated 80 million trees over 2,150 square kilkometers (830 square miles). The earthquake caused by the blast measured 5.0 on the Richter scale. The region has never completely recovered.

The Tunguska blast was the largest meteoroid impact in the Earth's recent history, and demonstrated the awesome destructive power of near-space objects. An explosion of the scale of the one in Tunguska could destroy large metropolitan areas. It is this possibility that has helped to spark discussion of asteroid deflection strategies.

Due to the rotation of Earth, if the collision had occurred 4 hours 47 minutes later, it would have completely destroyed the Imperial Russian capital, St. Petersburg. A little later still, and the Tunguska meteorite would have wreaked chaos and destruction in densely populated Europe.

source: www.spacedaily.com...

How often do they hit, on average? Well, here is one estimate:

Yeomans and his colleagues at JPL's Near-Earth Object Office are tasked with plotting the orbits of present-day comets and asteroids that cross Earth's path, and could be potentially hazardous to our planet. Yeomans estimates that, on average, a Tunguska-sized asteroid will enter Earth's atmosphere once every 300 years.

source: www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

zorgon:
even though we had a few lively talks i must absolutly agree on the penutbutter and honey! i have eaten that most all my life and most wholesome! i have also had to rely on it a few times in the past and even right now! but back in 2001 i found myself in the diers and i went through a lot of dietary changes to survive. the diet i still maintain because of the simplicity. that is the hard part for some if it really gets bad. during this time i had to find something or any thing to eat and maintain energy and mass. i have always been slim never over 160 no matter what i eat. so the simpelest meals came from way within and found them to be in my childhood. raw potatoe to maintain blood ph (alkaline) also when sick almost a must. standard raw veggies,fish or lamb. i am not weeened off fish or lamb but i can survive quite well with out them(treats)
the raw potatoe is like honey for meds, it also works good on stings and some bites. so i would also say the boy scout motto"be prepared" phyically,mentaly and most importantly spirituaily!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join