It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama blames FOX NEWS for not having a larger lead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I almost spit my drink out when I heard that Obama is claiming his lead would be larger if it weren't for Fox news. He's basically admitting that all of the other channels are behind him.

I'm trying to find a link with his quote and will post it when I find it.

I think it's rather disgusting that he's whining about Fox news possibly being the cause for him not 'closing the deal'.

Thoughts?

Found a link:

elections.foxnews.com...

Jemison

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Jemison]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I like this comment he made:

In the New York Times Magazine article, Obama tries to explain a comment he made during his primary race against Hillary Clinton, during which he was quoted as saying to an audience in San Francisco that some working class voters "cling to guns or religion" in response to economic woes.

Obama calls that comment "my biggest boneheaded move," adding that his point was to say that "these voters have a right to be frustrated" and their concerns shouldn't be ignored.

Don't be so hard on yourself, Barack. That wasn't your biggest boneheaded move. Not by a long shot!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well, not sure if you all have been watching the news lately, but, it does seem like every other channel out there is unbiased compared to Fox, it does seem fox is leaning towards McCain.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
So far that quote only gives two pages of conservative blogs in The Google.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Well, not sure if you all have been watching the news lately, but, it does seem like every other channel out there is unbiased compared to Fox, it does seem fox is leaning towards McCain.

WHAT?!? You think that the other channels are 'unbiased'?!? They absolutly are biased TOWARD Obama!

If it weren't for Fox news I doubt anyone would even know McCain is running for the Presidency!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

He continues that he is being typecast as "the latte-sipping, New York Times-reading, Volvo-driving, no-gun-owning, effet, politically correct, arrogant liberal. Who wants somebody like that?"
reply to post by Jemison

Obama said it, not Fox News.

Obama is viewed by conservatives as a very dangerous, inexperienced ultra left winger whose policies and views are all over the map, changing daily. He's dangerous because of his inexperience, his association with unsavory people including terrorists in his past and the anti white, anti Christian and right views expressed openly in his book and writings.

The description he made of himself is window dressing compared to the way conservatives view him. Fox news is meerly being less biased than the other news media that's all.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Every time a candidate actually speaks his mind and has something thoughtful to say he is attacked for it. No wonder the system is broken and all we get are sound bytes and talking points. There is a difference between discussion and debate.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Every time a candidate actually speaks his mind and has something thoughtful to say he is attacked for it.

Really? Other than Fox News, I haven't seen ANY news outlets attacking Obama when he speaks his mind. He can do no wrong in the eyes of the media and even key players in the media admit that they haven't seen as much as love-fest between the media and a candidate since the days of JFK!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

I agree. you morons are going to attack him for this? it's the truth. If fox news people weren't referring to him doing "terrorist fist jabs" and all the other crap they've been spewing to get people to fear Obama's some secret muslim bent on destroying america(instead of your average politician bent on destroying america) he would absolutely have a larger lead.

Justifying fox by bringing up other networks, is simply deflection and is an example of the bias that ruins this country.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Good thread, Jamison, starred.

Liberals like Obama can't find enough things to hate but they especially like to hate Fox News!

Before there was Fox there was a HUGE vaccuum to be filled in the news business because conservatives were sick up the their ears of the syrupy sweet, politically correct, day in and day out liberal garbage we had to listen to on the boring alphabet news agencies. Along came Fox and they were an instant tremendous success.

Fox has made lots of mistakes through the years but I notice they get more listeners every year and the other agencies get fewer. The bigest complaint I have with them is that when there isn't real news they dig out stories of the probable demise of what I call "cute little white girls" and go on and on endlessly about the details of their demise. Why should anyone want to hear all that negative stuff?? The world is a bad place, I agree. Find some NEWS to report.

top topics

join