It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suitcase Nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Who are they fooling?
The PTB seem to be constantly floating the horrific 'suitcase nuke' rumour. Im not the smartest guy but i think i have read somewhere that these so called 'suitcase nukes' require constant upkeep. There are elements within them that degrade and must be closely monitered and or adjusted. IF THIS IS TRUE, and IF (God Forbid) one of these bombs is set off in the US< then it would obviously have to be STATE SPONSERED.
There is no way thay some lone 'terrorist' or even a group of 'terrorists' could pull this off without a PHD or two.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I strongly doubt we will be going into nuclear war.

That... and I don't think any terrorist group has any type of nuclear weapons.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
First off. Please dont write using acronyms that nobody understands. For example, what is PTB ? I disagree with that suitcase nukes equate to state sponsored terrorism. Russian black market has known to let a nuke or two almost get out. Hell you can probably get one on EBAY. Bottom line, corruption on the Russian black market is not the same as state sponsored terrorism.

The day may very well come were small nuclear or dirty bombs get light off in the US or elsewhere. These can be purchased completed already by out of work nuclear physisists or manufactured by islamic radicals who obtained the materials and technology from buddies like the former head of Pakistans nuclear program who recently admitted to being part of a global nuclear black market. There are professionals with the scientific knowhow out there ready for hire and people selling parts for them to assemble. The devices are small enough for an individual to carry and walk accross the US Mexican border in broad daylight with no problem or fear of getting caught. Mch like the tons of drugs and millions of illegal aliens that come each year. Or smuggled in an appliance and shipped through our ports (stuffed inside a refrigerator in a crate amoungst thousands of other refrigerators).. After all none are checked.. Its really no problem and does not require state sponsor. Al Queda is perfectly capable of doiing this alone with a cool mil or so. And frankly, I fear it will happen..

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by dreamrebel]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
PTB is Powers That Be, PHD is what doctors have
There is little doubt that a 'terrorist' could get their hands on a nuke thru the russian black market.
The question here, and perhaps someone with more knowledge can verify this, the question is whether or not these devises require constant maintenence.
Could a suitcase nuke sit on a shelf for 3 or 4 months and still be in working order?
If these devices require upkeep of more than a laymans skill, then, IMHO (In my humble opinion) it would take serious organised state sponsorship.
(when i say PTB, i am refering directly to the illuminati)

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I am pretty sure russian suitcase nukes were designed to sit for years without the need to do a dang thing. The uranium or plutonium can sit forever with degrading and was hermetically sealed with the best technology available to ensure no leaking and contamination while being stored at the bases for front field positions. The electronic detonation trigger devices are good to go forever as long as you have the codes..

If not manufactured by a government (russian, american, israeli, pakistani, indian, british) then it may need upkeep. FOr expample a suitcase nuke assembled by mohamed atta may not be as stable and be leaking like a sive and put together with bailing wire and bubble gum. With a cell phone trigger..

new topics

top topics

join