It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Not Beat Everyone to the Punch???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
From what I can gather there are relatively very few absolute hunter/gatherer civilizations left on the planet. Here in Alaska all of the indiginous people that I've personally encountered have adapted to modern ways & are not looking back, by choice. If any of us here thought that the probability of having to just survive was minimal, would we still be on here? What hope keeps any of us in any society that we believe may be on the verge collapse? Wouldn't it be safer to go out with some like minded individuals to some remote location capable of supporting the groups needs before everyone else is? Additionally, if we look diligently enough at our individual footprints, isn't it hard to argue that we are not personally contributing to what we are so concerned about. Would anyone reading this even consider forming a small group now...with proper persausion I might if the same question were asked of me. Respectfully, Mike

Edit: All caps title.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by intrepid]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Actually, there are a lot of groups out there willing to walk the walk. I'll leave the details of that to you to find out.
People are part of society, no matter where you go. from the boondocks to the inner cities. everyone has their respective connections. Survival is merely the means to an end. We survive, that is the point. What do we survive for? To maintain our connections to society. We need this. It is very rare to find an individual capable of self sufficiency, as the norm, not just in survival mode. We all have it. Most that are doomed in a survival situation are those who cannot escape the bonds of society and go to the next level. Those very bonds are what make people unwilling to do what is needed in order to survive. In essence, some will die of embarrassment, more than exposure.
You cannot blame the people for holding on. You have said "Wouldn't it be safer to go out with some like minded individuals to some remote location capable of supporting the groups needs before everyone else is?" This is the example of the societal bonds. "WITH" being the key word here. Also, "before everyone else" which may imply that society is to follow eventually?

PLAN FOR THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST.

join