It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double your MPH on car with same amout of gas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
How to Get Double the Distance on Your Car with the Same Amount of gas............. This does work.

Video

[edit on 15-10-2008 by rikk7111]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
hmm, interesting. I might have to try out that acetone trick. Seems it was the most affective.

Plus i always thought it took more gas to turn your vehicle on after turning your car off at a light than it would to just put it into neutral.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Since I just bought my car I will try this. Its under warranty so what the heck I won't tell! I will fill up my tank Sat. We own a beauty salon so we have pure acetone out the ying yang.

I will let you know how it goes.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yrs ago I used to put Mothballs in the tank and yes it did seem to increase efficiency of the fuel. Have a new car now so won't muck around with the manufacturers warranty....

try this link it talks a bit about Acetone in your Fuel
Acetone In Fuel Said to Increase Mileage

Complete vaporization of fuel is far from perfect in today's cars and trucks. A certain amount of residual fuel in most engines remains liquid in the hot chamber. In order to be fully combusted, the fuel must be fully vaporized. Surface tension presents an obstacle to vaporization.

For instance the energy barrier from surface tension can sometimes force water to reach 300 degrees Fahrenheit before it vaporizes. Similarly with gasoline. Acetone drastically reduces the surface tension. Most fuel molecules are sluggish with respect to their natural frequency. Acetone has an inherent molecular vibration that "stirs up" the fuel molecules, to break the surface tension.

This results in a more complete vaporization with other factors remaining the same. More complete vaporization means less wasted fuel, hence the increased gas mileage from the increased thermal efficiency.

Also here's a link to the Scan gauge device
Scan Gauge

[edit on 15-10-2008 by greenfruit]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Exactly where do I purchase this stuff? Like a typical grocery store? Also does any one know about how it effects the hp, this would be well safe for a motorcycle engine right?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Just a related side note: If a person were so inclined ..... (within the boundaries of legal statutes and regulations, void where prohibited, not a flotation device, use as directed, not to be taken internally, etc. etc.) ..... to, say, distill their own alcohol, the first thing that comes off -- which is not USUALLY collected -- is almost pure acetone. If one were to construct a fractionating still for *cough* the purpose of making ethanol, they would be able to monitor the temperature and collect acetone, then when the temperature changed suddenly, they'd know that the lighter compounds -- the "heads" had been drawn off, and the alcohol was next. Following that would be the "tails"...... also nasty stuff.

I'm just saying...... IF a person or company were already involved in creating ethanol....

Down here, acetone is more expensive than gasoline. My computer speakers are toast, so I can't hear the youtube, but I'm having a hard time balancing the oxy/redux equation to figure how acetone would boost combustion much, unless it were nearly a 3:1 ratio. I could be wrong. Okay, tomorrow, I must purchase some ugly speakers.

Thanks for the thread, OP

Cheers

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Okay, I understand about surface tension....... the acetone then acts like a surfactant? But..... It would need to be more viscous, wouldn't it?

Dangit, I shouldn't have posted, not being able to HEAR. NEVERmind.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The majority of the fuel tank, crank case, and automatic transmission additives that were commonly used in the 1960s and 70s were very high in acetone content..... It caused the plastic floats used in some carburetors to dissolve, and caused valve guide seals to dry up and harden when used in crankcases for an extended period of time..... The cars prior to the late 60s didn't have have problems using the additives and the cars in production today should do alright if no more than 4 to 6 ounces per gallon of gasoline are used..... I have read of a business that has a fleet of trucks that has been using acetone as a fuel additive, and has over 250,000 miles on 2 of his vans with no problems.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I have been running acetone in my motorcycle for about a month... before the acetone 38 MPG, with 1 ounce per 5 gallons my mileage went up to 41.4 with no change in driving habbits.. not double but I will take it. My bike is a 2005 Yamaha YZF-R1

Sailor

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I would be very careful doing this to your car or motorcycle. If you have a car that takes a higher octane of gas ( especially a motorcycle) then I would be afraid of what issues this could cause for you.

You should research the effects it would cause on your total octane and also the effects it would have on your cars ECU. if you have a newer car everything runs through your cars computer and it computes based off assumptions of gas and such but acetone could throw of your readings i would think.

detonation could be bad!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
Exactly where do I purchase this stuff? Like a typical grocery store? Also does any one know about how it effects the hp, this would be well safe for a motorcycle engine right?

Home Depot has it for about 16 dollars for a gallon can.. thats where I got mine.

Sailor

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
I would be very careful doing this to your car or motorcycle. If you have a car that takes a higher octane of gas ( especially a motorcycle) then I would be afraid of what issues this could cause for you.

You should research the effects it would cause on your total octane and also the effects it would have on your cars ECU. if you have a newer car everything runs through your cars computer and it computes based off assumptions of gas and such but acetone could throw of your readings i would think.

detonation could be bad!

Detonation is attributed to lower octane levels, Gasoline octane is a measure of the fuels resistance to "detonate" under pressure, hense with a high compression engine you must run a high octane fuel, your point of the cars ECU is something to consider though..

Sailor

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
You can't get something from nothing...physically speaking that is. Most of the recommendations in the video are common knowledge and have been bounced around for some time now. For example, the tire pressure is pretty straight forward but keep in mind, exceeding recommended tire wall ratings may risk a blowout, especially with older tires. Also, overinflated tires wear more in the centre then the edges. Consider the cost of replacing your tires more often. Then there is the tune-up. As far as I am concerned, if the gain is significant, then you haven't been doing your regular recommended maintenance to begin with(which by the way is the state the car is in when manufacturers calculate mpg ratings. Also consider the price tag associated with regular major tune-ups). The excess baggage in the car is a no brainer. Unless you live in your car, why in God's name would you be carrying all that junk around everywhere you go? Why you would want to remove your spare is beyond me...what if you have a flat and there is no cell service in that remote area(let's not forget our good friend Murphy), and what if that can of goop you bought lost some of it's pressure or it's very cold out and it barely put any air into your tire? Then what? The part about turning off your a/c is a no brainer. If the weather is mild, why would it be running anyway? Then there's the "turn off the motor every chance you get" idea. Consider the cost of replacing your starter and battery more often. It is also common knowledge that using thinner synthetic oil will increase mileage. Anyone using heavy regular oil in a late model vehicle deserves to fill up more often. I do, however like the acetone trick but I am sure it's not cheap. There are also lots of other mileage stretching tricks not mentioned in the video like simply slowing down!(yes, I am targeting all you lead foots out there). Anticipating traffic lights will help as well...within reason of course, you wouldn't want to piss off that tailgater behind you. Keep your window rolled up at hi-way speeds also helps reduce drag. If you need fresh air, just crack it open a bit or consider bringing in fresh air through the vent. Then there is the question "do you really need to drive to the store that is only 2 blocks away?". Get out and walk, or ride your bike there. It will actually help your heart more than you can imagine. Just consider that painful quadruple bypass surgery just waiting for you when you turn 45! Just my 2c worth...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

I wouldn't mate, just in case, research this a bit more first. One look at the car and the mechanics will spot it straight away, thus voiding your warranty and leaving you with a hefty bill. Replacement fuel systems are not cheap.

I am not saying it's bs, I'm saying don't put it in your car until you know more about it. I am going to look at it though, and should you find out anything useful, please let me know.

At £5 ($9 ish) per gallon, I could do with saving a few quid!

Oh aye, OP, the title says MPH, not MPG, must say I was a little gutted when I read the post!

[edit on 15/10/2008 by Sendran]

[edit on 15/10/2008 by Sendran]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor1

Detonation wouldn't be a problem due to the sensors that detect ping and retard spark timing to compensate. If that were to occur there would be a loss in fuel mileage.

new topics

top topics

join