It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T-Rex skeleton only 5,000 years old! (

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Anyways, just click the link for the rest of the story

TULSA, OK�In a major coup for the growing field of creation science, the perfectly preserved remains of a 5,000-year-old Tyrannosaurus Rex were delivered Monday to Tulsa's Creationist Museum of Natural History.

www.theonion.com...

(Believe me, this doesn't go in the Scinence section...

[Edited on 16-1-2003 by Inspectah]

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The Onion is a satirical website...

www.theonion.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Inspectah!
what are you doing reading that site ... look at hte bottom of the page ...

"The Onion� is not intended for readers under 18 years of age."

tut tut tut

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
now now chicken. he doesnt need 3 parents!

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
One question: What the HECK do you mean when you say I don't need three parents???

Oh yeah, and Netchicken, take a look at this...

The Onion is not intended for readers under 18 years of age.

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I was just teasing you and chicken Inspectah, like chicken was behaving like your parent.

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Give them the Shroud of Turin and they'd say it ws made two thousand years ago. They bsing, lieing to prove they right. Interesting, I saw something on how when carbon dated, the Turin was said to be made around the same time as a person who could have made it, Leonardo Davinci.

Also, to prove them wrong, oil made from old fossils. Oil takes millions of years to make. That little thing alone proves they morons and deserve the moron award from the S&T board. Also, carbon dating, rock layers, so forth prove them wrong. That is why this doesn't belong in the science section. Like truths favorite website for "scientific" proof called yougotohellifdon'tagreewithmeexcatly.com doesn't belong there.(not real name, but read it once, told to go to hell seven times in one sentance)

[Edited on 16-1-2003 by James the Lesser]

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Carbon 14 dating system is not perfect.

The more " you go back in time " with this system, the more the dating will be wrong. That's not a good date indicator for very old era. Above - 40.000 years, that's not a good idea to use the C14.

The problem with the C14, is that the C14 have fluctuated during the time, everywhere in the world.

That's why many scientists are looking for a better system. i.e : uranium and thorium are better when you want to have a more accurate date.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 03:20 AM
link   
If you believe the onion you seriously need to get in touch with reality. I love the onion, it's a great website but check out the other articles, it's all a big joke.

XAOS

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I NEVER SAID I FRIGGIN BELIVED IN IT!!! I'M SMARTER THAN THAT TO KNOW ITS ALL NOT REAL!!!!

Jesus....

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Helllllloooooooo everyone... come back to earth... theonion is a satirical website. I feel pretty certain inspectah knew that but thought the article was funny because it pokes fun at creationists.

It is a da!m funny website, I read it religiously (though not as a creationist)

BTW Inspectah... YATTA!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Inspectah,

I don't think Xaos was talking to you, but to U-P and James the L, who apparently have no idea that it's a joke...

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Inspectah,

I don't think Xaos was talking to you, but to U-P and James the L, who apparently have no idea that it's a joke...

I didn't read the T-Rex story and I was just giving to JL a little explanation on the carbon 14, and some better alternatives on this dating system, nothing more.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
""It was a truly majestic beast," said Gill, gazing up at the massive skeleton. "One almost has to mourn that there was no room for it on the Ark."

Gill called the discovery "a powerfully compelling refutation" of secular scientists' long-held assertion that dinosaurs lived on Earth millions of years before humans.

"The fact that no human remains were found anywhere in the vicinity of the site of the skeleton serves as proof of the tyrannosaur's ferocity and huge appetite," Gill said.

"At most," he added, "tyrannosaurs existed a few days before the first humans, given that the birds and the beasts were created early in the week, and Adam and Eve were made on the sixth day."

Man, I laughed pretty good at this, hehe...

Great site! No room on the Ark, LOL!!! That's rich....

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I know a joke, but still, it stupid! Even if they were being serious, they would still be wrong. Also, no room on the Ark? No proof of an Ark, so if it didn't exist, of course there is no room.

And T-Res is now thought to be a scavanger that rarely hunted. It was big, but slow. It's small arms were useless for grabbing on to prey to hold them and bite down. The teeth are made for eating, not killing. Also the way the tail is it shows the T-Rex had bad turning abilities at a running pace, meaning they were bad at catching prey. So saying no proof of humans show his appetite means nada. Of course, he probably could have caught a human or two if they were slow or weak.

Also with the Ark, Noah was suppose to save ALL the animals, two of every kind. Not a couple here, a couple there. So the whole not let on Ark is bogus for he was suppose to get two of every kind.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Now see James, you've just gone and ruined it for us by making that post. The Onion, uses stuff that doesn't exist. Unless of course it is making a satrical story on a public figure. Like Ol' Georgy

new topics

top topics

join