It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart catches McCain out on his 'new speech'.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I just saw this and thought it was well worth the viewing. It really makes you glad for someone like Jon Stewart who can point these inconsistencies out to the masses and make them more aware of pointless, meaningless political jargon.

The Daily Show: John McCain Attempts a Comeback with His Recycled Speech

Original Source

John McCain unveils his new stump speech, but Jon thinks he's heard it before.

The only new bit of business John McCain unveiled was letting people know he's comfortable lagging behind in the polls. Is it too late for a comeback?

THE LINK TO THE VIDEO!

[edit on 15/10/2008 by SilentShadow]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
That is DA BOMB... I almost spilled my tea on the keyboard.

That McCains character is getting more ridiculous by the minute.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
that was awesome.

Thanks for sharing this, I'm passing it around to people that love him.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Nuts! Us Canadians don't get to see it.
Is there any other links that allow Canadians? lol

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Ha this is pretty funny.

I don't think he thought nobody would notice I think he thought nobody would care. And he's right. I'm not voting for him or Obama and don't give a damn about either of their vapid speeches and they can reuse them a million times if they want. It's not like either one will follow through on their empty promises once they got elected anyways.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashodi

I live in Europe and I can see it, but canadians can't?

Very funny, Jon stewart is a genious and one of my favorite comedians!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Does Stewart criticize Obama on his show?

Or just go for the cheap laugh at the Republican candidates ?

Is fair and balanced a part of what he does or is it just a comedy show?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

They host a comedy news show every weekday night at eleven usually covering the most important news of the previous and yes obama has been made fun of on this show, but this one was concentrated on Mcain.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg

it's a comedy show that makes it's very clear that they do not like Bush or McCain.

Turn on FOX news for pro McCain material. The Daily Show caters to a demographic that is prodomitly democrat..

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Umm..Stewart's show is a comedy show. He lambasts both candidates, but since we have a current Republican President and a Republican nominee always in the spotlight, he gets more material from the Republicans.

Did you find something offensive in him pointing out the blatantly obvious truth?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

After the town hall debates last week Jon did his show and made fun of both of them equally. But if you don't watch the show you will find yourself often making stupid remarks like the one you just did in an attempt to deflect from the issue at hand.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I've no problem at all with comedians taking the mickey on politicians. That is, after all, one part of their job, which is to make us laugh. No laughs, not funny? Get a job at the local grocery store.

Unfortunately, the things that are happening are more serious than just becoming the bane of the comics of the air waves.

Like many voters other than those on ATS where God, or demons, or entities from Munimula have whispered in their collective ears, this election is a rather serious, and danger ridden time... And I'm not sure that the voices or the comedians supply all the answers.

We seem to be ready to find one point of argument and base our whole ideal on that "fact". For instance, take me... I am looking for someone who won't try to, eventually if not sooner, take away my right to bear arms, and won't spend my life to the point that I go to the poor farm. That kind of eliminates Obama, before I look at anything else in his repertoire of politicalism. On the other hand, I'm not so sure that the plans laid out by "Big Mac", are going to help avert the second great depression that I feel is on it's way.

No... I have no insight, no voices, no God directed insights, just a burning desire to preserve my lifestyle without impacting or taking my neighbors away from her or him.

The issues are much larger than anything we're going to be able to resolve from Jon Stewart (whom I also happen to like).

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Haha that was awesome.

I think Palin is hot, even though she is a nut job...is that wrong of me?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
that was hilarious!

also for the record, both Stewart and Colbert blast both candidates, but McCain is such an easy target, in my opinion. XD

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

No and neither do any of the comedy shows on that channel. Its a show meant to belittle right wing thought, while misleading people to think democrats have all the answers. Its propaganda, plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
No and neither do any of the comedy shows on that channel. Its a show meant to belittle right wing thought, while misleading people to think democrats have all the answers. Its propaganda, plain and simple.

The Colbert Report comes on after The Daily Show on that channel. He has made many jokes about Obama's campaign

www.youtube.com...
(This is not from his show, but he often treats Obama like this)

He makes fun of Obama, and so has Stewart. Obama just doesn't do as many awkward things as old man McCain. He has so much support now because he's a great orator and puts up the appearance of being charismatic.

Right wingers don't have all the answers and neither do the Democrats. In fact, both parties are frighteningly incompetent, wealth driven and closed-minded. Right wingers are just better at looking stupid on national TV.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko

Umm..Stewart's show is a comedy show. He lambasts both candidates, but since we have a current Republican President and a Republican nominee always in the spotlight, he gets more material from the Republicans.

Did you find something offensive in him pointing out the blatantly obvious truth?

um, is it just me or is this a perfect example of the horrible liberal logic?

Originally posted by Avenginggecko
Republican nominee always in the spotlight, he gets more material from the Republicans.

Um.. Obama.. doesn't ring a bell?
Turn on the TV.. or look at a Magazine cover.

seriously?

I watch The Daily show all the time... he does NOTHING on Obama (aside from "we love him" coddle jokes ever fifth day)

It's OK to be biased, just admit it...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by whitl103

The difference is they always make fun of Republican policies and try to make them look like bumbling morons. When they occasionally make fun of democrats, its always more of a token joke or poking fun at personality. They never attack Democrat ideas or policies.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

That's my question. Did John Stewart happen to catch the LIE Obama told at the debate the other night? The one where Obama said that Mccains ads were 100% negative. Yes - he said 100%. Either Obama is telling lies .. or he doesn't understand basic math and is telling falsehoods through ignorance.

I hope John Stewart will be an equal opportunity basher when Obama gets in. Somehow, I doubt he'll be allowed to do that under the Obama regime.

Times will change for America.

[edit on 10/16/2008 by FlyersFan]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join