It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-rated airport X-rays to go ahead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

X-rated airport X-rays to go ahead

www.news.com.au

AIRPORT authorities have confirmed that images of travellers' breasts and genitals will not be obscured during a trial of a high-tech scanner.

For the next six weeks domestic travellers at Melbourne Airport will have the option to go through the airport's new "virtual strip search" which can see through clothing and show peoples' private parts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
How many security people will be wanting to score this job? I saw it on TV news last night, an interesting machine.

If they're so paranoid about searching airline passengers, they might as well bring in the full cavity search. Any system can be beaten, right?

I like the part that states how security employees will not be able to bring any image recording equipment into their workplace. Sure, who's going to search them to see if they have any?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
People don't realize how extremely explicit these images actually are. From all that I have heard...someone is in for a show.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
i heard about this a few months ago. This is how it will work, if a guy is getting scanned then a guy is looking at the photo and if a girl is being scanned then a girl is looking at the photo.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EpicJ19
i heard about this a few months ago. This is how it will work, if a guy is getting scanned then a guy is looking at the photo and if a girl is being scanned then a girl is looking at the photo.

Will they have to do background checks on security staff to ensure that gay security people don't view images of the same gender?

It makes you wonder...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines
People don't realize how extremely explicit these images actually are. From all that I have heard...someone is in for a show.

Don't look all that bad to me personally, I think it's quite sensible - and hopefully it will nark fundementalists from all religons

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think I have the solution to this. Everyone should fly nude!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EpicJ19
This is how it will work, if a guy is getting scanned then a guy is looking at the photo and if a girl is being scanned then a girl is looking at the photo.

That wouldn't necessarily make me any more comfortable.

I actually feel sorry for the people who have to scan people through that thing. For every 1 person who looks good naked there are 10 who don't. It's an ugly world, and these poor fellows will be staring it in the crotch. Literally.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
For every 1 person who looks good naked there are 10 who don't.

No way! I can find a lot of good things to look at in a lot of women!

Now, so will a lot of security staff too. They'll have a page 3 pin-up to admire every few minutes or so, while being on the job. Cool...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
In other news, there has been a massive rise in the number of applications for airport security staff. (Humour, not reality)

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

No way! I can find a lot of good things to look at in a lot of women!

Lol you obviously don't live in America. There are lots of beautiful people here don't get me wrong, but obesity is a serious problem. I live in Florida where its not as bad, too. Lots of sun here so people don't bundle up as much.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
What exactly makes it X-Rated? Full frontal nudity is only R-Rated. Which means that it is nothing special for any mature adult.

Besides, it doesnt appear to be anything that would get anyone excited.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Don't look all that bad to me personally, I think it's quite sensible - and hopefully it will nark fundementalists from all religons

That's far more scary than sexy...:|

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This is where a mass non-violent protest by citizens everywhere could do some real good.

Simply state "No, I will not be subjected to this."

And do not fly. Inform the airlines, inform employers. Bring air travel rates to zero.

That would get the message across in a real hurry, with no violence and not even any threat of violence.

That is what I have done (long before the peeky pictures, actually... back in the "take your shoes off" days).

I will not fly commercial air travel. Period. My employer knows, and knows why.

Of course, with it being just me, nobody cares...

Anybody else in?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I was doing a training class at one of the manufacturers when they were initially testing these x-rays in the late 1990s. As has been shown in the pictures there is NOTHING exciting to be seen in these images. There is nothing that anyone would even WANT to see more than once. I remember seeing some of the images when they were in testing, and thought it was rather cool that they were able to do this now, and didn't think it was the least bit exciting. I can tell you how the screeners will react out of experience with looking at x-rays, they're going to be bored silly and HOPING that someone tries to go through with a gun, just for the excitement.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

I hardly think somebody getting the hots for a crash test dummy ranks as x-rated, although the whole test dummy thing makes me think there ares some folks in definite need of therapy if'n that's what puts the spin in their tilt-a-whirl.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
that looks like some monster in a horror movie more than it does x-rated

hmm, i guess the standard of what's hot varies depending on where you live though hehe

i wonder if the people looking into the x ray thinger constantly look through it while someone else sees the people without the machine. if so then i think a good prank would be to dress up in such a way so that you would look the same with or without the x-ray. that way if the person looks up they'll have to take a double take

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Won't be long you will find them on the internet.

My concern is how safe it is?

I know they call it a low energy X-ray but what if it turns out they lied to us.

I betcha the manufacturer already has immunity from lawsuits.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I wonder if any sorts body paints would show up? That would be cool, I'd have a big downward arrow on my belly and '12 inches' across my chest - if at any point I'm corrected I'll know why.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If that picture is Xrated...
It's like a person covered in opaque seran wrap. It shows dense objects, but nothing... naughty as implied by the article.

Seems like something put out to promote a baseless reaction...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join