It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Airport Screener Steals Over $200,000 in Gadgets, Almost Gets Away With It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

TSA Airport Screener Steals Over $200,000 in Gadgets, Almost Gets Away With It

gizmodo.com

Transportation Security Administration baggage screener Pythias Brown is the reason you hate flying with expensive gear in your bag, especially if you ever flew out of Newark airport. Over the last few years, he stole at least $200,000 worth of electronics. Not just a camcorder here, a laptop there, or an Xbox 360 or two, either. No, this guy had balls. Among his biggest hauls—literally—was an HBO employee's $47,900 camera.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.gadling.com
www.boingboing.net

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well this just gives us less and less reasons to actually think that the US Homeland Security is doing a 'good' job. Positions of power like this need to be screened themselves. Placing people on lower income on possibly [illegal] high return positions is not a good idea. The temptation will always be there...

I guess though, it really only boils down to 'who is policing the police'?

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
A continuous series of body cavity searches for 10 years non-stop is the only sensible punishment for this individual. A heavy leather work glove coated with metal filings should be used.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I like how the government claims that airport security is so good.

Between TSA and the baggage handlers and other airport workers its a wonder anything makes it where it going.

How i a airport secure if airport workers can steal millions a year in passengers property.

One major city busted a group of airport workers just by matching the names of airport workers with pawnshop records.

If its easy for airport workers to take things out of a airport its easy for them to bring things in like bombs.

I have flown three times since 9/11 and have lost the property every time.
what i have lost is the TSA approved locks on my cases.
www.shopwiki.com...(B000BMC118)
I think the TSA security people do it on purpose to piss people off.

I person i know that travels with some very expensive one of a kind electronic testing equipment has had a GPS tracker put in the test unit to track it.
The worst part is that he works for the airlines and this is a piece of test equipment for aircraft safety testing. and the airlines have lost it twice.
when they misplace it the aircraft he was going to test is grounded till they find it and he gets paid till they find it.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by ANNED]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
that makes me angry that a person can get away with that kind of behavior for so long without getting caught.

do they do background checks on those people? well i suppose background checks don't always show the true character of a person though

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

This guy actually thought he could get away with stealing a camera like that and selling it on ebay? I guess you don't have to be very smart to work for Homeland Security.

MBF

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incitatus
I guess you don't have to be very smart to work for Homeland Security.

When they "replaced the airport screeners with government employees" I wondered what warehouse they had these people in just waiting to put them somewhere.
All they did was take the same people and make them government employees and give them a little more power.

I know a woman that got one of those homeland security jobs. She told me that two weeks after she was hired, they had her training people. She said that she didn't even know what she was doing and that all it was was just smoke and mirrors, just a big bluff.

new topics

top topics

join