It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UK Big Brother Surveillance powers ......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I've just been reading the news and came across this article on the UK Newspaper web site telegraph.co.uk.

Article

So, they loose the vote on keeping terrorist suspects for 42 days so they then say that they are going to keep an eye on everyone.

Dont get me wrong, i think that terrorism is truely horrible and i think everything should be done to prevent it but lets face it, the Government are slowly eating away at our freedom.

So far there have been reports of:-

- using CCTV under the anti-terrorism laws to catch people who are cheating the benefits system

- using CCTV to catch people who have their girlfriends | boyfriends to stay the night and charge them more council tax because they are not the only person living at an address.

- Forcing everyone in the UK to buy an identity card which will do nothing other than cost everyone £60+ and will be no use to anyone because they can 'apparently' be easily copied.

How far are they going to take this. Why dont they just implant us with a chip and get it over and done with ......

anyone got any comments on this !

i'm a little two angry to comment further.

[edit on 15/10/2008 by scepticsRus]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
So.... seriously ... no ones got any opinions on this then !!!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Up until yesterday i would have thought you were just plain paranoid. After debating in another similar thread i've opened my eyes more to the seemingly ludicrous ways of keeping tabs on us all.

The day they implant us all with microchips will be the final step too far.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Geoff Hoon has said the government is prepared to go "quite a long way" with civil liberties to "stop terrorists killing people"

BBC Source

new topics

top topics

join