It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They might not be human but they are still people!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I just watched this video and found it very interesting. No wonder some people are advocating chimp rights and so on. I also watched a news report not so long ago that chimps and bonobos were better than humans at some brain games. These bonobos remind me of my brother just without all the beer. hehe

www.ted.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Bonobos: Apes that write, start fires and play Pac-Man

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBarrelMan

No, monkeys are not people, they are individuals and should be honored with the same sorta respect that we should have for all of Gods creatures, but they are not people, they are animals.

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
But WE are animals. Surely therefore importance could be ascribed insofar as rights to those with highly evolved sentience. Therefore, if this particular species shows signs of intelligence it is worthy of our protection.

Edit. I'm not saying all other animals should be put on the bonfire as it were, just referring to individual rights. I still think we should be respectful of our ecosystem.

[edit on 15/10/08 by Venit]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Venit

I agree, I also believe though that we need to treat all animals with kindness and consideration, we're all earthlings, well most of us at least lol.

I think that mokeys are not any better than any of the other animals though, I actually can't stand them nasty poo flingers.

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
im rather Chimpressed by this article mr barrelman

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I saw a documentary about a wild chimp troop roaming
the bush and after settling in an area, a strange silence
came over them.

A silent decision was made to trap a small monkey and eat it.
They succeeded, but it was the look in their eyes as they
watched each other quietly... I've seen that look in human eyes.

new topics

top topics

join