It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Mayor To Shut Down Government For 6 Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Chicago Mayor To Shut Down Government For 6 Days

www.infowars.com

Along with several other measures, the mayor’s plan was aimed at saving $62 million for the city’s corporate or operating fund, which currently faces a $469 million shortfall.

Under the plan, city employees, with the exception of mostly public safety workers, would not work and would not be paid for the day after Thanksgiving or for Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve this year and in 2009.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I wonder if this is a sign of things to come?

What a mess...

Schwarzenneggar just claimed he'll be seeking a bailout for bankrupt Cali, and has been lobbying to pay all gov employees minimum wage...Perhaps something like this suspension of gov and pay will be next?

I only wish we could suspend our federal gov and REPLACE them all ASAP.

LOL

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hi DD,

My flag is up! Thanks for the post. Just wanted to link the original link off of Infowars since some members on ATS scowl at that site as not be 'authentic' news source...which I've never see him NOT link any breaking news from others sources.

Well, as I've been saying till my blue in the face, martial is coming before next year...it's totally ripe for the picking !!!

Even though I don't watch any news on TV, I've never seen CA being posted on ATS has being 'bankrupt' .. !! WOW.. just outta the blue.. and cities are going br!! If cities are going br, hmmm.. wouldn't the banks be as well??? I'm no expert by any means.. just a thought..

this is straight from REUTERS!

www.reuters.com...

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Komodo]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I wonder if Daily is also suspending his own pay for those days? Hell, why is it that mayors, governors, congressmen, senators, and presidents aren't docked pay whenever the institutions they oversee run into the red? If I ran overbudget on my projects, I would be quickly called to task for it and very likely would lose my job if it was anywhere near the magnitudes we're seeing our dear leaders sink us all into.

It will, however, be extremely interesting to see how the union bosses keep their sheep in line over this. The Daily machine has only survived this long by handsomely rewarding those union chiefs who, in turn, demand their members vote for a Daily. That system works as long as the sheep are kept relatively satisfied, but when the sheep suddenly go a few days without feed in their troughs, I'd think they would begin to protest just a bit.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by burdman30ott6]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
There will be a number of Unions that will protest this I should imagine. People living paycheck to paycheck - yes even in Chicago - are going to be affected.

Once this paradigm of ceasing public services "because we misspent your money" is established other cities might be inclined to do the same.

Whacked, seems an appropriate call on this one.

new topics

top topics

join