It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS Censoring the Forums?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hey all,

Just a few minutes ago there was a thread in the breaking alternative news forum about Dick Cheney's poor heart. Now it's gone, along with any reference to it in my posts, or the posts of several other members I recalled had posted in the thread. What gives? Why was the thread removed? It was a legitimate piece of news, AFAIK. Is there something against the T&C about hoping a traitorous piece of scum dies from natural causes?

What's going on here, and who do I need to contact to get the thread reinstated?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ye it does seem sometimes that threads are getting censored and also the RATS forum why is it theyre and why do you have to pay to access it

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I saw the thread and i wouldnt go near it.

My guess is it was taken down because nobody had anything good to say.

The smart thing to do in such case is move on instead of posting nasty messages.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I was wondering the same thing.

The same info was running as a main headline on Yahoo news so it was obviously relavent.

I would like to know who chose to delete it and why

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

I was wondering the same thing.

The same info was running as a main headline on Yahoo news so it was obviously relavent.

I would like to know who chose to delete it and why

yeah, me too. I think we deserve some sort of justification for this.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I can only assume that they don't have much of a choice besides to remove threads where people are cheering for the death of a vice president.
I'm sure the secret service isn't to interested in free speech when it comes to cases like this.
If you were in charge of ATS would you want secret service agents crawling up into your nether regions everytime someone cheered on cheney's heart attacks?

Eventhough they probably agree that this world will be a better place without that evil bastard, they have to be careful whats allowed on their forums.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by ashamedamerican]

link   
Yes they are being censored. All other conspiracy sites let people talk about what they feel about certain people including the subject of mr. dick.

I guess ATS didn't like us dissing their man.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by The Revealer]

link   
reply to post by keeb333

Does it actually come as Any surprise to you that the thread was removed? Especially given that nearly every response either insinuated or outright stated hope for the death of a fellow human being?

No matter how you or others may feel with regards his service or disservice to the country and or populace as a whole... that's downright despicable.

Given the overall nature of those posts I was UNlucky enough to have been able to read before it was removed... I'm glad it was taken down.

Utterly amazed at times by those who can't set aside their differences, if only for the moment, and would rather Wish for the demise of a fellow human being. wOw!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

dude, NOBODY in that thread made any sort of threat to the VP. They were all just cheering for nature to take its course. WTF does the secret service have to do with this? The first amendment still holds in this case.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
I can only assume that they don't have much of a choice besides to remove threads where people are cheering for the death of a vice president.
I'm sure the secret service isn't to interested in free speech when it comes to cases like this.
If you were in charge of ATS would you want secret service agents crawling up into your nether regions everytime someone cheered on cheney's heart attacks?

Eventhough they probably agree that this world will be a better place without that evil bastard, they have to be careful whats allowed on their forums.

If that's true, I would guess that was the reason it was removed. Can't say I blame them.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
keeb, thanks for posting this.

I've contacted the Mod who 'trashed' this thread I posted, as well as lodging a complaint with ATS. I've yet to receive anything but a standard, form u2u from the Mod in question, about supposed T & C violations.

Still awaiting a better explanation from the mods.

Again, I appreciate you starting this thread.

Compared to what posters say about, for instance, Ahmadinejad, Pelosi, Rev. Wright, even Blossom Goodchild, I certainly didn't think there was anything "beyond the pale", to borrow a phrase.

I'll keep you guys posted on what the ATSPTB have to say.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annie Mossity
reply to post by keeb333

Does it actually come as Any surprise to you that the thread was removed? Especially given that nearly every response either insinuated or outright stated hope for the death of a fellow human being?

No matter how you or others may feel with regards his service or disservice to the country and or populace as a whole... that's downright despicable.

Given the overall nature of those posts I was UNlucky enough to have been able to read before it was removed... I'm glad it was taken down.

Utterly amazed at times by those who can't set aside their differences, if only for the moment, and would rather Wish for the demise of a fellow human being. wOw!

Careful calling him human, you could get slapped with a defamation of character lawsuit.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican

Nothing threatening was said...it was just people giving their opinion on his heart condition.

Just because people dont like the man and some of the comments werent popular with everyone doesnt mean it should have been deleted.

Is this a popularity contest now?

Nothing threatening about Dick Cheney was being posted, there would be no reason for any secret service concern.

It is still not against the law to dislike a tyrant, even if he is a politician. He has earned the people's contempt.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annie Mossity

This particular human being is at least indirectly responsible for the unjust demise of hundreds of thousands of others. What about them?

link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

He is not a human being. He is...... well Im not sure what he is, but he does not care about anyone else except himself and killing off innocent people.

So why would other human beings care about this bag of crap when he stands for something bad.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by The Revealer]

link   
reply to post by dgtempe

It is beyond ironic to me that you would chastise people for being "nasty". You certainly don't seem to hold your tongue much when you feel compelled to rail out against whomever stokes your fire.

Which is one reason that I tend to read your posts.

"
"

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333

The first amendment still holds in this case.

No, in reality, it doesn't. This is a privately owned board that we get to use for free. It is totally in the owners discretion as to what can be posted and talked about on this board. And, if they see something that they deem inappropriate, they have all the power in the world to take it down.

It is their board, and they allow us to use it.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

Annie, you're right in condemning the words of anyone who would openly wish harm on any human being, even the VP.

I posted the thread and made a joke along the lines of "the VP has a HEART? Who knew?!"

The hateful comments which followed were not surprising, but could have been removed on a post-by-post basis.

Deleting the thread still seems a bit extreme.

And I'm still awaiting a response from the mod.

[edit on 10.15.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

The first amendment still holds in this case.

No, in reality, it doesn't. This is a privately owned board that we get to use for free. It is totally in the owners discretion as to what can be posted and talked about on this board. And, if they see something that they deem inappropriate, they have all the power in the world to take it down.

It is their board, and they allow us to use it.

You are correct, in the literal sense. However, I intended my comment to relate to first amendment protection of an individual's non-threatening speech from secret service harassment.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Hey all,

Just a few minutes ago there was a thread in the breaking alternative news forum about Dick Cheney's poor heart. Now it's gone, along with any reference to it in my posts, or the posts of several other members I recalled had posted in the thread. What gives? Why was the thread removed? It was a legitimate piece of news, AFAIK. Is there something against the T&C about hoping a traitorous piece of scum dies from natural causes?

What's going on here, and who do I need to contact to get the thread reinstated?

I posted on it too, I guess it was taken down due to the fact people were glad he was sick and wishing he would have died eight years ago, that is inappropriate do we really need all that negative karma?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join